Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TESTING RESULTS: Devouring Microbes, Corrosive Microbes, Lethal Injectors

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
TESTING RESULTS: Devouring Microbes, Corrosive Microbes, Lethal Injectors
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vermalech
02.02.2012 , 09:57 PM | #11
One question I would have to ask the op is that, Does Lethal Dose help I.probe? Or did they meant to say poisons? Kinda like experimental explosives.

Ayestes
02.03.2012 , 09:08 AM | #12
I actually really dislike Corrosive Microbes in it's current form anyway. Enhancing RNG elements with more RNG (I'm looking at this with Lethal Injectors) creates erratic and extremely undependable results.

I'd be so much happier with a talent that simply changed it so that it ticked every 2.0 seconds / 1.5 seconds with a -15% Damage / -25% Damage dealt per tick. Assuming it ticked over the full duration still, the damage would remain about the same (slightly greater then it is now) but it'd be a lot more reliable in terms of tick frequency and helping out Lethal Injectors.
The Ayestes Legacy - The Shadow Hand
Agent Virydia - Imperial Sniper (31/3/7 PvP Marksman)
Darth Aeluna - Sith Sorcerer (3/7/31 PvP Madness)
Sniper / Gunslinger Changes Discussion -> PTS 1.2

QisaBluevixen
02.03.2012 , 12:46 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Vermalech View Post
One question I would have to ask the op is that, Does Lethal Dose help I.probe? Or did they meant to say poisons? Kinda like experimental explosives.
I haven't yet tested Lethal Dose with Interrogation Probe. Testing crit chance is such a pain! I'd have to do hundreds of attacks before I was satisfied the test was statistically valid.

And the term "periodic effects" is so vague. Corrosive Dart and Grenade are clearly periodic. Interrogation Probe really is too, so I'd assume it should be impacted. But what about Orbital Strike? For that matter, what about Series of Shots or Suppressive Fire or Cull? An argument could be made that those are periodic, but I doubt they're included. But would I be surprised to find something working that shouldn't? Ha!
I don't have a picture because I don't exist ... officially.
Q'isa - Battlemaster Lethality Operative
Qisa Bluevixen - Centurion MM Sniper
LFL in Alderaan Places

JoyProtocol
02.15.2012 , 11:16 AM | #14
Just wanted to thank you for awesome research, and bump this for greater education.

From my experience with MMO's, a "period effect" is something that applies a debuff to the target that causes damage at intervals. Meaning that Interrogation Probe would be one, and Series of Shots wouldn't be.

Stranden
02.15.2012 , 06:06 PM | #15
Gonna bump this too. Guess one should send it in to the dev team as well.. Thanks for the research!
Vigor - 50 Sniper - Bloodworthy EU

QisaBluevixen
02.15.2012 , 06:51 PM | #16
I've submitted all results from my tests to Bioware. They assure me they have forwarded it to the right people, but that's probably just a form letter.
I don't have a picture because I don't exist ... officially.
Q'isa - Battlemaster Lethality Operative
Qisa Bluevixen - Centurion MM Sniper
LFL in Alderaan Places

GeorgZoeller
03.16.2012 , 07:52 PM | #17 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Stranden View Post
Gonna bump this too. Guess one should send it in to the dev team as well.. Thanks for the research!
We're aware and Game Update 1.2 is resolving this.