Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it just me or does Blizz/Skadge suck?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Is it just me or does Blizz/Skadge suck?

Star_Sparrow
03.03.2013 , 08:38 AM | #11
I have to disagree. As a Bodyguard specced Merc I outfitted Blizz in all DPS gear, and keeping him in tank stance I've been able to solo content 4 or 5 levels over my head. The trick is to keep constant uptime on your heals and buffs and micromanage his targeting so he can hold aggro. It's basically the same way you would use Torian, but with a much easier time holding aggro. He also seems to have more mobility than Torian or Skadge, and I like that a lot. He's probably my favorite BH companion, if a little hard to use at first.

Cody-licious
03.04.2013 , 07:38 AM | #12
So if I can summarise:

i. if you are a Bodyguard/Healing spec, the tank companions are the best for Heroic-level content. Otherwise, you should be able to waltz through more simple content with a properly-geared DPS companion.

ii. if you are a DPS spec, the healer companion is optimal, since your gear and her healing will allow you to tank and destroy most opposition fairly easily. Doubt you'll be able to solo a lot of Heroics unless you have very good gear for your companion and above average Presence.

Certainly, that's how I managed it back when I was levelling
55 Mercenary Bodyguard 53 Powertech Pyro
55 Sniper Marksman 55 Operative Concealment 55 Scoundrel Sawbones
55 Sage Seer 51 Shadow Kinetic 55 Assassin Darkness
55 Guardian Vigilance 53 Marauder Carnage

chaosmadness
03.04.2013 , 08:02 AM | #13
I lvled to 50 always with Mako, the best companion for Merc in my opinion.
HK-51 its good companion too.

Koyaanisqat
03.05.2013 , 07:21 AM | #14
Tank companions are actually "tanky" at Columi+ level of equipment.

My Blizz/Skadge have Rakata/Campaign and they hold their own so well that I do dailies with them as Arsenal because I never get hurt and don't have to worry about them gettin' fried.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").