Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

8/16 man That is all!


Jacobusb's Avatar


Jacobusb
02.02.2012 , 02:47 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rotny View Post
I dunno if this is the solution and honestly I don't know what the solution is.. but right now I'm extremely disillusioned about swtor because of "endgame".
I think vanilla wow had it right. When you get to 60 you run ubrs etc, then maybe ZG, then maybe MC and if you get that far onward to BWL. That's as far as I got. Naxx was like a legend to me. I had a sense of wonderment at it all that is completely absent here in swtor.
wonderment? no offence but causal or not if you attempted to gear yourself, then app for a raiding guild you saw all content. this isnt like seeing a shuttle launch and being all "WOOOOWWW" get your butt n gear and Join NASA you'll see the stars soon enuf.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Hoshinsul's Avatar


Hoshinsul
02.02.2012 , 02:49 PM | #12
Content will slowly roll in to fulfill your wonderment needs.
GM ᴏғ Dʀᴇᴀᴅɴᴏᴜɢʜᴛ
Sɪᴛʜ Eᴍᴘɪʀᴇ | PᴠP | US Wᴇsᴛ
www.Dʀᴇᴀᴅɴᴏᴜɢʜᴛ-Gᴀᴍɪɴɢ.ᴄᴏᴍ

Emasid's Avatar


Emasid
02.02.2012 , 03:32 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rotny View Post
I dunno if this is the solution and honestly I don't know what the solution is.. but right now I'm extremely disillusioned about swtor because of "endgame".
I think vanilla wow had it right. When you get to 60 you run ubrs etc, then maybe ZG, then maybe MC and if you get that far onward to BWL. That's as far as I got. Naxx was like a legend to me. I had a sense of wonderment at it all that is completely absent here in swtor.
You forgot AQ before Naxx, but I agree with your point.

Qilz's Avatar


Qilz
02.02.2012 , 03:51 PM | #14
This happens in every game. Casuals cry that they should be able to see all content. That's all they want. Then a couple of months down the road, they have seen it and cleared it and now want to do hard modes. Then they cry they don't have the time or they are too hard so they get nerfed to become easier. The cycle just continues.

RIFT was the latest example of how casuals crying for gear and nerfs ruins the game. T2 became so easy you could sleep through it. Then raids got dumbed down as well. Can't speak for anything further since that's where I left.

Jadalyn's Avatar


Jadalyn
02.03.2012 , 11:59 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Talorra View Post
So cut endgame content out from everyone but the hardcore?

No.
Actually, this is what some gamers want. When a game is too easy, the desire to play it dies.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Talorra's Avatar


Talorra
02.03.2012 , 12:14 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadalyn View Post
Actually, this is what some gamers want. When a game is too easy, the desire to play it dies.
That's not the same thing. Why does it being too easy for some mean that others shouldn't see it at all? Bring the difficulty of nightmare up, for sure, but please drop this elitist crap that says large portions of the community should not see content because they are not hardcore enough. Creating an endgame that only caters to a small percentage will have the same effect in interest, and to a much larger group.

We've cleared 8 man nightmares. We're doing 16s now. I agree that it needs to be harder. But that doesn't mean normal mode needs to go away or that casual players are not worthy enough to see endgame fights. I'll have my full set of Rakata gear, and my special hovercar, and my speed run title, and a great feeling from taking down the fights with people I enjoy playing with.

Look at what LFR did for WoW. Tons can see the endgame now that couldn't have before. And the elitist rage was amazing.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

Mohawksinspace's Avatar


Mohawksinspace
02.03.2012 , 12:19 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Talorra View Post
So cut endgame content out from everyone but the hardcore?

No.
Let's be real, the casual players do not care about endgame content. That arguement is and always will be crap. If they want to "see" it, they know where youtube is, the truth is they want gear and they want it easy. I bet if you made the content really easy and removed all the drops from it, most of these people who want to "experience" end game content, would not bother.
Ma'iq - Sith Assassin
Darkness - Gardens of Talla
CC Tips:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=283501

Rhinzual's Avatar


Rhinzual
02.03.2012 , 12:21 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Emasid View Post
You forgot AQ before Naxx, but I agree with your point.
Veeshan's Peak is where it's all at. Die there and you may as well have just quit the game if you were deep into the dungeon when you croaked, especially if you were a warrior.

Amenian's Avatar


Amenian
02.03.2012 , 12:25 PM | #19
I'll preface this by stating that I am a raider and that I was a raider before "casuals" started the nerf cycle in WoW.

That being said, WoW was able to get away with making content hard enough that a good portion of the playerbase wouldn't get to see it because they basically had no competition from other games. There was EQ, but their poor implementation of the launch of EQ2 destroyed their market share for a good long time.

These days, there are so many mmos out there that if a game attempts to make content as hard as those who decry casuals would like it to be, they would see a majority of their playerbase jump ship, because a majority of the playerbase are casual players. It's not feasible anymore. Either adapt to the times and stop whining, or go find another genre to be elite at.

yugotoobo's Avatar


yugotoobo
02.04.2012 , 09:52 AM | #20
I am still not convinced that this huge casual player base really exists lol! Just saying.