Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You must complete more missions before you can do that

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
You must complete more missions before you can do that

suzy_lee
02.02.2012 , 12:38 PM | #1
I am so sick of getting this message (YOU MUST COMPLETE MORE MISSIONS BEFORE YOU CAN DO THAT) I have encountered this more times than I care to think about on multiple characters. Currently I am leveling a Mercenary LvL25 atm, I just completed the quests in Nar Shaddaa and have now arrived on Tatooine, the first 4 questgivers that I encounter within the spaceport and just outside have given me this message. I frequently feel as though I'm missing something, I will spend countless hours in various zones filling my chat window with this message.

I can understand that this game is story based, and I admit that I tend to focus on the class quests before the others. Yet, I have never denied a quest, and I accept Every quest that i encounter, I go to the zones which are level appropriate and hunt for the quest that will start them all off.

What am I missing, or doing wrong?

I also have a lvl 50 Assassin with the same problem, I still am not able to accept 95% of the quests that I encounter even when I go back to much lower level areas. I can appreciate the (story-based) nature of the game, I just find it frustrating not being able to determine which quest is acceptable and which is not, and if not which quest must be done first.

LyriaFrost
02.02.2012 , 12:45 PM | #2
More than likely your quest journal is full. You can only have 25 active quests at a time.

Hit the L key and check your quest log.

There are also certain quests (I recall one on Tatooine) where it wouldn't let you finish a quest unless you turned another one in first. That message isn't worded incredibly well, in that case.

suzy_lee
02.02.2012 , 12:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by LyriaFrost View Post
More than likely your quest journal is full. You can only have 25 active quests at a time.

Hit the L key and check your quest log.

There are also certain quests (I recall one on Tatooine) where it wouldn't let you finish a quest unless you turned another one in first. That message isn't worded incredibly well, in that case.

Not the case, I keep a clean log, 12/25 atm. Also I haven't even been able to locate 1 quest on tatooine yet, so it can't be due to a quest that has not been turned in, this is a recurring issue for me, it has never been due to too many quests in my log.

My class questline led me here to tatooine, upon completion my next class quest is in Alderaan, however it is a LvL 28-32 zone, so I need to quest out this zone before continuing. I have been all over Mos Isla, travelled through the desert a bit doing random kills and LF quests, no luck yet.

I'd expect that when you enter a new world at the appropriate level, the starter quest for the zone should be relatively easy to find, not the case tho

Mxconway
02.02.2012 , 01:02 PM | #4
YOU MUST COMPLETE MORE MISSIONS BEFORE YOU CAN DO THAT

Is the message indicating you have a full mission log. If you have 12/25 as you say, you should open a ticket in game.

I have 2 50's, a 28, a 24, a 19, a 13 and an 11 at the moment. I have seen this message maybe 3 times across all 7 characters. What you're describing is not normal.
Corellian Run- [12/13/11 - 2/20/12]

chuixupu
02.02.2012 , 01:30 PM | #5
Yeah, that message does specifically mean your quest log is full. So if it's not, there is some kind of bug affecting you.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Xebarrn
02.02.2012 , 01:39 PM | #6
The times I've seen this is when I talked to that NPC too early, there was another quest in my log I needed to finish first. No clue why the NPC was indicating a quest when I wasn't ready for it yet, but do a few, then go back maybe?

coille
02.18.2012 , 04:02 PM | #7
I've started getting this message with my level 35 sentinel. I just went back and deleted all the extra quests in my log and I now don't get the message.

LX_Theo
02.18.2012 , 04:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Yeah, that message does specifically mean your quest log is full. So if it's not, there is some kind of bug affecting you.
This. Definitely report it if you are getting that bug, because there is no other reason other than you have the quest max or a bug that it would show up.

acidzero
02.18.2012 , 04:34 PM | #9
Do you have any space missions? I have run into the message before even without a full quest journal delete a space mission and bam I am good again.

Aravell
04.09.2012 , 01:55 AM | #10
Thanks guys. I was having this problem too and I cleaned up my quest logs a bit and I could do the quests on Alderaan again. Thanks so much!