Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Flashpoints are Easy, give us NM

DarthMaben
02.02.2012 , 12:38 PM | #1
HM Flashpoints are easy mode still. I've never run the level 50 instances on normal mode, and HM has only given us minimal difficulty, with the only times we fail to complete instance being due to bugs.

Give us Nightmare mode Flashpoints please! I would love a way to still progress without needing 8 people and something that I can do more often than once a week. Even if we were able to get Rakata gear, if the difficulty was high enough and the drops were contained (like still only drops one piece per run) then I don't feel like this would be a huge upset to the game.

Anyone else bored of HM Flashpoints? I honestly like them a lot more than Ops but the difficulty isn't there.

Edit: Actually a one week lockout wouldn't be bad, but we would still have many (7 at the moment) different flashpoints to clear each week. Thoughts?

Karlonta
02.02.2012 , 12:45 PM | #2
this would be an interesting idea, but what gear would drop? Rakata? kinda takes away the entire point of doing operations.

edit: completely failed at reading entire post

Calei
02.02.2012 , 01:10 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaben View Post
HM Flashpoints are easy mode still. I've never run the level 50 instances on normal mode, and HM has only given us minimal difficulty, with the only times we fail to complete instance being due to bugs.

Give us Nightmare mode Flashpoints please! I would love a way to still progress without needing 8 people and something that I can do more often than once a week. Even if we were able to get Rakata gear, if the difficulty was high enough and the drops were contained (like still only drops one piece per run) then I don't feel like this would be a huge upset to the game.

Anyone else bored of HM Flashpoints? I honestly like them a lot more than Ops but the difficulty isn't there.

Edit: Actually a one week lockout wouldn't be bad, but we would still have many (7 at the moment) different flashpoints to clear each week. Thoughts?
I want flashpoints that are so hard that I soon as I walk through the door I'm getting my face eaten and die in 2 seconds! just kidding

Yes I would welcome a more challenging version of flashpoints.

wifeaggro
02.02.2012 , 01:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaben View Post

The game is shallow in its current state. just like the water in game. the longevity is in rerolling and i am not willing to do that at this point gonna take a break
I

AngelicFrosty
02.02.2012 , 02:23 PM | #5
You either bought/made a bunch of lvl 50 artifact gear and/or had pvp gear or your other group members were geared if you didnt have trouble with HMs other then bugs

I have still hit enrage timers on HK and bulwark in groups where they are clearing most if not all bosses in HM OPSs (lol we dont wipe just killed them right after the enrage hits)

JLapp
02.02.2012 , 02:40 PM | #6
/signed.

Hard Modes were a good challenge and everything early on but once you get Columi gear and go through it a few times it becomes really easy.

Dropping Rakata and having a one week lockout on each one would be very balanced IMO. Would be a good way for smaller guilds to advance without having to get 8 players together for an operation.

Fizil
02.02.2012 , 02:56 PM | #7
<rant>

72 player raids were too large
40 player raids were too large
25 player raids were too large
10 player raids were too large

..... now 8 player raids are too large.

Seriously, anyone who says "My guild isn't big enough to do 8-man content" needs some sense smacked into them, go recruit 4 people.

</rant>

Back on topic, I would love to see Nightmare Mode Flashpoints IF they did more than increase damge done/damage needed to not hit enrage timers. Mix it up with the fight mechanics. Maybe let some Rakata drop, but I would prefer to see some COOL items drop. Relics with cool clickie effects (Loved my Super Monkey Ball trinket in WoW). Interesting weapons with cool proc effects, special speeders, ship enhancements, etc...etc...

This would make NM Flashpoints a step up for Columi geared players, while still providing Rakata geared players with a reason to do them.

Rabix
02.02.2012 , 02:56 PM | #8
cool idea actually
would definitely be in favor of a change like this

Elbrop
02.02.2012 , 03:03 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Karlonta View Post
this would be an interesting idea, but what gear would drop?
Alternate gear - create some kick ***, unslotted orange sets and sprinkle them in the various NM flashpoints.

One thing everyone loves, and that's to look epic.
Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone has one and they all stink.

No, wait, not belly buttons.

KiranK
02.02.2012 , 03:20 PM | #10
I will only accept nightmare mode FPs if they go away from the enrage timer mechanic. I want hard and challenging fights, but I don't want every fight to have a timer over the bosses head. That's boring. After you get geared up the enrage timers don't even affect you. The bosses are too easy that way. Please, for the love of god, find a new trick.
There's no QQing in baseball.