Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chiss as a playable race?

Dedicance
12.15.2011 , 01:56 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Urtani View Post
Uh, who cares?
This...
"Translation: He requires proof of good faith. We must make a contribution to his people that shows we are not a threat. Shall I blast him now, master?"

OtaconSolo
12.15.2011 , 02:37 PM | #12
Wookies. i want so see Jedi Wookies.

Daraco
12.15.2011 , 02:56 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by OtaconSolo View Post
Wookies. i want so see Jedi Wookies.
Lucas put his foot down on this one he has mandated ABSOLUTELY no jedi wookies after lowbacca. hes pissed that even lowbacca exist.

Enochx
12.15.2011 , 03:30 PM | #14
During Darth Bane and Zannah...I think it was the second Darth Bane book....There was at least one Chiss in THAT book. Remember the one that Zannah did the Sith Sorcery on and she ended up going crazy because of the nightmares in her head. So see the Chiss were around still at least back in Bane's time. Since the old republic is before Bane it fits well with Cannon.
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

Dedicance
12.15.2011 , 03:31 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Enochx View Post
During Darth Bane and Zannah...I think it was the second Darth Bane book....There was at least one Chiss in THAT book. Remember the one that Zannah did the Sith Sorcery on and she ended up going crazy because of the nightmares in her head. So see the Chiss were around still at least back in Bane's time. Since the old republic is before Bane it fits well with Cannon.
and this...
"Translation: He requires proof of good faith. We must make a contribution to his people that shows we are not a threat. Shall I blast him now, master?"

Dimroth
12.15.2011 , 04:11 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Utis View Post
I think we can all agree that Lucas has no problem breaking his own rules.
this. True story
"A life spent striving is better than one spent hiding"

Wynternight
12.15.2011 , 05:30 PM | #17
"Lost an entire planet, has Master Kenobi. Very embarrasing."
Mydnite - Sith Assassin Charnel- Sith Marauder Mourn - Sith Sorcerer
Arryanna - Imperial Sniper Malefica - Sith Juggernaut
Harbinger
server Gamer Girl Forever!

Dilts
12.15.2011 , 05:48 PM | #18
Lucas cannon. Pew pew pew!

CaptainMax
12.15.2011 , 05:49 PM | #19
Aren't they all Imperial Agents? Disavowed, I guess.

Hypernetic
12.15.2011 , 05:50 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Daraco View Post
Think about this. The history of the human race (written/oral) is about 5000 years. There is still much in our history that we don't know, Such as the Trojan Wars.

Now the time between ToR and Movies is about 3000 years. BUT that isn't the history of a single race. Its the history of an ENTIRE GALACTIC REGION hundred of races, trillions upon trillions of beings.

So when the Chiss go back into seclusion it would make scene that data pertaining to them would get buried by more current information.

Now jump ahead 3000 years, your are a researcher and a blue skin alien race appears. Your job is too look for information through 3000 years of records. How do you know what to look for? How do you even know 3000 years is far enough back? What if the filing system has changed? Did you know the Chiss were working for the empire at the time? How do you know they Wern't allies of the republic? I would think after 3000 years there might be some damage to the records themselves?

Also history is dictated by the victors. How do we know that some historian didn't write the Chiss out of the history books for killing his puppy?

You could easily spend several life times looking through the records without finding anything. So even though the records most likely exist, FINDING them isn't so easy.

We don't know things about human history because humans didn't always keep records like we do today. Either those societies didn't have the means to do so or the method they used to record history wasn't sufficient enough to last through the years.

In ToR people own interstellar space craft like we own cars, their technology is sufficient to keep records for thousands of years.

Furthermore the fact that this information is stored in a variety of ways across the GALAXY and not just on one planet means that some sort of cataclysmic event would not wipe out the data. There would have to be some great cosmic coincidence for that to happen.

The only logical conclusion is that the Chiss somehow erased all records of their own existence and went into hiding. Without any records the general populace would forget about them after several generations. Either that or there was some kind of "purging" event where the empire tried to wipe them all out and only a small group survived and then went into hiding.

It's still highly improbable that a species spread out across the galaxy could coordinate such an effort.