Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Op "Unable to loot" issues - Response from GM

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
HM Op "Unable to loot" issues - Response from GM

DimeStax
02.02.2012 , 12:04 PM | #1
I'm Dimes from Ascent on Dark Reaper. We've had a numerous amount of problems receiving the loot from the bosses we kill in Normal and Hard mode Ops raids. For the past 3 weeks many of us have submitted tickets to GMs for various issues and we finally received a response back to one of our players Oldbones who couldn't loot a peice of loot assigned to him on the second boss in EV Gharj.

The GM told him that in the future if he experienced the same problem that he needed to have the raid assign him as the Master Looter and to loot the item. I haven't tried this or confirmed if it works or not but if it helps someone else, great. Regardless, if it works this is merely a work-around to only one of the many loot problems in Ops Raids. We've encounted loot problems such as:

- Gharj cannot be looted, message says "Unable to loot, cannot see target."
- Normal mode EV Puzzle Event - Chest spawns and assigns gear that cannot be looted by the people who receive the loot.
- Hard mode EV Puzzle Event - Chest spawns that cannot be looted at all.
- The solo event you do after the Puzzle Event - Chest spawns that cannot be looted at all

We've missed out on a ton of gear so far from bosses that we've killed due to these bugs, so I hope this is high on BW's priority to fix.

Electrose
02.02.2012 , 12:51 PM | #2
Don't run with master looter and you shouldn't have any issues with the chests. as far as gharj it sounds like a bug

Btw a workaround for chests I found if you did master loot one.. Make the person who has loot in the chest group leader. then they can loot their item. It denys them the ability to loot it because its set to ML and they are not the ML. of course the ML cant give it to them either, its a bug.

TLDR.. Dont run with ML and if you do give leader to people when they cant loot their item.

Jaksyn
02.02.2012 , 01:14 PM | #3
Thanks for the advice to not run with master loot or to give the people who need to loot ops lead and then they can loot.

People do need to see this so they know what to do when they have this problem in the future.

But that does not help fix the current problem which is that they have already encountered this bug and did not know what to do at the time that it happened.

The only fix for this is for customer service to respond to the request for help and send these items to whoever earned them and deserves to have them but did not get them through no fault of their own.

Customer service needs to respond to all tickets asking to send items to characters that were denied the ablity to loot the item because of this bug by sending that character that item and telling them this advice to either not run as master looter or if that happens to ask the ops lead to pass them ops lead.

This is a known bug that is supposedly in the patch notes to be fixed in a future patch. But in the meantime customer service needs to properly handle this by making sure that people who have earned these items get these items sent to their characters.

TL;DR: The answer is not only to tell them how to handle it in the future. The answer is to also send them the item they earned.

Electrose
02.02.2012 , 01:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaksyn View Post
Thanks for the advice to not run with master loot or to give the people who need to loot ops lead and then they can loot.

People do need to see this so they know what to do when they have this problem in the future.

But that does not help fix the current problem which is that they have already encountered this bug and did not know what to do at the time that it happened.

The only fix for this is for customer service to respond to the request for help and send these items to whoever earned them and deserves to have them but did not get them through no fault of their own.

Customer service needs to respond to all tickets asking to send items to characters that were denied the ablity to loot the item because of this bug by sending that character that item and telling them this advice to either not run as master looter or if that happens to ask the ops lead to pass them ops lead.

This is a known bug that is supposedly in the patch notes to be fixed in a future patch. But in the meantime customer service needs to properly handle this by making sure that people who have earned these items get these items sent to their characters.

TL;DR: The answer is not only to tell them how to handle it in the future. The answer is to also send them the item they earned.

Yes, ideally this would happen. but I've had many loot tickets with the gm's in this game and they are beyond useless. I've yet to get a single item transferred/restored EVER. They generally will just say "Thanks for the bug report, be careful in the future"

No other mmo I've played (And i've played quite a few) has had gms that just flat out refused to transfer/correct looting issues.

Don't get your hopes up. I'd bet my life savings that bioware wouldn't give everyone all their missed items.