Bioware, biochem crafters do not make anything

rarianrakista

90% of my guild is now biochem after 2 weeks of raiding and your changes will do nothing to fix this. Biochem crafters never make any medpacks, adrenals or stims for the market, they never learn any patterns besides their own class. Why should they, they have infinite health potions and buffs. After that, they never have to gather mats again and many, many never do. This is game breaking. A single level 40 medpack on my server is 10,000 credits. Nothing in any other crafting profession saves money or makes money on this scale, it is entirely game breaking.

Remove reusable buffs from the game or make them usable by everyone.

90% of my guild is now biochem after 2 weeks of raiding and your changes will do nothing to fix this. Biochem crafters never make any medpacks, adrenals or stims for the market, they never learn any patterns besides their own class. Why should they, they have infinite health potions and buffs. After that, they never have to gather mats again and many, many never do. This is game breaking. A single level 40 medpack on my server is 10,000 credits. Nothing in any other crafting profession saves money or makes money on this scale, it is entirely game breaking.

The more you read, the less you need to post redundant threads. It's a fact!

PS:Welcome to day before yesterday.

Oh? I'm biochem and I spend probably 90% of my game time at least partially focused on crafting and probably 50% completely focused on it. I know probably around 200 purple recipes and very few have been for my own use.

Aside from that point, there's nothing wrong with people not focusing on crafting just because they have a crew skill.

Being a biochem does indeed save you a lot of money, but it doesn't make you all that much. The reason the medpacks cost so much (but don't necessarily sell much), are because the mat requirements for them are obscene for a one time use item. The subsequent prices of those mats are elevated, because there are still people power levelling biochem. Eventually this will flatten out when people are all level 400 biochem, but who knows. As a 400 biochem (from day 1 because I've always enjoyed crafting consumables), I am thrilled with the changes. It'll get some people away from biochem, and allow me to actually profit from selling the Exotech stims.

I don't care about your anecdotal evidence. I can look on Death Wind Corridor right now and see that every protorype medpack at 40 is selling for nothing less than 10,000 credits.

Let's take a typical raiding session of 4 hours with both EV and KP cleared.

There is 160 times in theory you could use your Rakata medpacks at the moment but that is silly because you are not always taking damage except in certain boss fights so lets cut that in half to be fair.

80 * 10,000 credits = 800,000 credits that biochem users are saving every raid.

If I want to compete with a biochem user for a raid slot I have to pony up 800,000 credits beyond my repair bill.

That is game breaking, remove reusable medpacks from game.

Must be a really awful guild if 90% of them are biochem and not one will make you medpacs. That's why you're whining about them being 10k on the GTN right?

My guildmates hand out everything from blue medpacs to purple starship upgrades for FREE.

Edited by Havocx

Greetings!

We know that a lot of players are eager to talk about the changes to Crew Skills, especially Biochem. Since there is already a conversation in another thread, we encourage you to post your thoughts here:

Crafting Profession Changes in Patch 1.1.2

We will be closing this thread now. Thank you for your help in keeping our forums a little better organized.