Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LOL at Random Looting from Normal Mode EV

jonglynn
02.02.2012 , 09:59 AM | #1
So what is the reasoning around allowing Hard/NM modes to master loot but not Normal Mode?

I ran Normal EV last night for the 1st time with my new guild. I received:

Offhand Gun token
Pants Token
Epic Relic
Epic Head
Main hand gun off last boss

Now my group hates me (kidding) but seriously, there were people in my group who really needed that loot. I had decent gear already and some people still had greens and bad orange gear they could've upgraded.

Silly system is silly? Let us Master loot Normal Mode please so we can gear the players who need it most.

JSusie
02.02.2012 , 10:30 AM | #2
So you get a piece of gear off every boss.....then still roll on the mount?

Got it.
Moonshine

TheRealMike
02.02.2012 , 10:54 AM | #3
...or you could, you know, pass on the roll? I'd hate oyu too if you were in my guild.
Just point me in the direction of the action!

jonglynn
02.02.2012 , 11:07 AM | #4
They actually asked everyone to roll on it......

Giondi
02.02.2012 , 11:12 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by jonglynn View Post
They actually asked everyone to roll on it......
Which completely took away your ability to choose not to? You're the one who's saying this is a problem, there's a pretty simple fix for it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bedwarmer View Post
Dear Dps; I assure you that you were, in fact, nowhere remotely close to "One heal from soloing it."
Every MMO forum in under 30 seconds.

jonglynn
02.02.2012 , 11:14 AM | #6
I wasn't complaining about the mount....that is need/green anyways.

I'm talking about the fact you can't master loot gear to the players who need it.

I haven't seen one argument that validates why this is the case in Normal vs HM and NM modes.

Forget about the mount...focus on the question at hand

daveytech
02.02.2012 , 11:15 AM | #7
I think his point is that he received an excessive amount of items that could not be rolled on.

I agree with him. Ever since we learned about that mechanic we kind of lost interest in normal mode ops. That's discouraging because we're a small guild and have to try to drop bosses with less than 8 players who aren't extremely well geared (not a lot of columi).

Qilz
02.02.2012 , 11:19 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealMike View Post
...or you could, you know, pass on the roll? I'd hate oyu too if you were in my guild.
..or, you know, you could know what the hell you are talking about before you comment and look like a fool.

Giondi
02.02.2012 , 11:20 AM | #9
So agree to loot rules before you go into an Operation, it isn't that hard. You don't need the game to tell you to not roll on something, just don't roll on it if others need or deserve it more. If someone decides "Oh, there's no ML in Normal, I can roll on everything," tell him not to do that and if he keeps doing it, kick him from the group. Again, it isn't that hard.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bedwarmer View Post
Dear Dps; I assure you that you were, in fact, nowhere remotely close to "One heal from soloing it."
Every MMO forum in under 30 seconds.

Qilz
02.02.2012 , 11:21 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Giondi View Post
So agree to loot rules before you go into an Operation, it isn't that hard. You don't need the game to tell you to not roll on something, just don't roll on it if others need or deserve it more. If someone decides "Oh, there's no ML in Normal, I can roll on everything," tell him not to do that and if he keeps doing it, kick him from the group. Again, it isn't that hard.
<insert insult here> - the game decides for you. Stay out of threads you know nothing about.

The only item he listed above he could have even tried to pass on was the mount.