Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware - please force Flashpoints to Analyze what classes enter them

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Bioware - please force Flashpoints to Analyze what classes enter them

Jacobusb
02.02.2012 , 12:15 PM | #21
Loot is random for the reason on controlling progression, if they just handed you the correct loot all the time, ppl would gear up faster than Bioware has intended, thus ppl gearing out quicker, becoming fully gear'd faster, blowing through all available content faster, becoming bored faster and possibility quitting the game/trolling on forums saying the game is too easy, made for scrub MMO players etc etc.

TL;DR

Random loot is so Dev's have more time for getting new content out.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

daveytech
02.02.2012 , 12:15 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaehell View Post
we're missing a contact inside bw's offices that makes our ideas more than just some posts in this forum lol
Hah! I'm a very optimistic person. Somewhere in my head a voice is telling me to just let it all out on the forums so "they" can see it, and hopefully "make it happen".

daveytech
02.02.2012 , 12:18 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacobusb View Post
Loot is random for the reason on controlling progression, if they just handed you the correct loot all the time, ppl would gear up faster than Bioware has intended, thus ppl gearing out quicker, becoming fully gear'd faster, blowing through all available content faster, becoming bored faster and possibility quitting the game/trolling on forums saying the game is too easy, made for scrub MMO players etc etc.
Very true and I agree.

However, even though we are mostly complaining about gearing slowly, the reverse is also true. If the tank and healer gears up in their first few HM runs, then that's a problem also.

The idea here is to balance things out and make progression clearly defined. I agree that it should not be a fast process. It should take some time.

How much time though? Technically, we would all need to come to some sort of conclusion on the time it should take for an individual to obtain X amount of Columi items.

1 week per piece?
2 weeks for 3 pieces?
1 month for 4?

I don't know... I just want some kind of indicator. That's what my initial idea was really all about.

daveytech
02.02.2012 , 12:21 PM | #24
1 week per piece if the player runs every single HM FP per day?

Or 1 week per piece if the player only runs 2 HM's per day?

Edit: Personally, I like the idea of rewarding Columi comms based on the difficulty of each encounter. We all know which encounters are difficult and which are easy. Mini-bosses that currently drop tionese crystals only should not drop Columi tokens. However, I think Bonus bosses should definitely drop them in this kind of system.

Then there are the other non-bonus bosses that are difficult. Bulwark for example has become a challenge after the changes made to him. The hard boss in Ilum with all the adds should drop comms as well. Maybe the HK fight in FE should drop comms. As far as BT goes, maybe only the last boss drops a token? Or the droid boss and the last boss drop 1 each? You get the idea. I think it should be reward based on difficulty. Like others have said, it would make people seek out these challenges and want to run HM's all the time. IMO.

(End Edit)

Whatever the case, I think this kind of decision would ultimately be something BioWare will not let the customers dictate.

We can give them our opinions though. That's for certain. I'm sure they want to know what we want to keep our subscriptions active. That's really the beating heart of this entire mass of digital goodness.