Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The voice we all love (Tom Spackman)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The voice we all love (Tom Spackman)

jonamir
02.02.2012 , 04:16 AM | #1
is it just me or does this guy do the best job in Voice over for this whole game. http://tomspackman.com/

He makes my bounty hunter come to life. Check out his Trailers. Everyone has some pretty cool voice over actors, but none of them have a movie preview guy =D. BH FTW!!!!!

I showed my girlfriend the game and she said, "oh my god! his voice is so sexy. I cant listen to this its getting me worked up" -____- thanks spackman you homewrecker! lolll

Stone_Jedi
02.02.2012 , 08:40 AM | #2
Yah- I'm enjoying the voice for the BH.

However, when I am in a group with another BH - it's weird to hear someone else speaking like my BH...

I keep thinking I'm getting more social points, but then I notice the armour is different.
BH 9959

Moosimoo
02.02.2012 , 08:56 AM | #3
To be honest the male voice for BH is kinda weird for me as its my second BH. My lvl 50 BH is a female Chiss

The male BH is kinda cool though, I like his easy attitude.
Lazuli - Imperial Powertech
Paradigma - Ahto City EU

Two things I hate about these forums: ASCII lightsabers and lack of Female Chiss avatar!

Mongorr
02.02.2012 , 09:06 AM | #4
If you like Tom Spackmans voice, check out Pablo Francisco on youtube. He does a funny stand-up routine about Toms "movie trailer" voice.
Daktar - Powertech & Malfarax - Marauder - Jar'Kai Sword

Kochek
02.02.2012 , 09:30 AM | #5
I love this guy's voice. I have a few alts and I can't get into the warrior's voice. I mean, I am pure dark side as my warrior. He's a Sith and fat, but he sounds too polite to be a sith Lord with his accent. He's just not menacing. But the BH voice...he's gruff and has that, "whatever" kind of voice that says "sure, I have an allegiance, but I'm in it for the money!" I can get into my BH. IMO, he's the best voice acting in the game.

Jodenco
02.02.2012 , 10:36 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Mongorr View Post
If you like Tom Spackmans voice, check out Pablo Francisco on youtube. He does a funny stand-up routine about Toms "movie trailer" voice.
Actually the guy Pablo is imitating is Don LaFontaine. Funny bit tho, one of my favorites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_LaFontaine

Also, here's a link to the video you were referring, definitely worth a view (or 3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixToQbFc53A

MolsonBeag
02.02.2012 , 10:42 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Moosimoo View Post
To be honest the male voice for BH is kinda weird for me as its my second BH. My lvl 50 BH is a female Chiss

The male BH is kinda cool though, I like his easy attitude.
I don't remember the male BH voice, as mine too is a female Chiss, which I believe is a GREAT voice as well, she's snarky in all the right ways at all the right times.

LyriaFrost
02.02.2012 , 11:39 AM | #8
I made a male BH to try out the romance with Mako, but he kind of petered out at 20th. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of his voice. He sounds too much like he's forcing the whole "growly" part of it, like Christian Bale in the new Batman movies. It just gets annoying to listen to after a while.

jonamir
02.02.2012 , 12:14 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LyriaFrost View Post
I made a male BH to try out the romance with Mako, but he kind of petered out at 20th. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of his voice. He sounds too much like he's forcing the whole "growly" part of it, like Christian Bale in the new Batman movies. It just gets annoying to listen to after a while.
/disagree

I think his growls voice comes out naturally. It's bad ***. But I agree on the Christian bale ridiculousness . He ruined batmans voice.

Daovin
02.02.2012 , 12:39 PM | #10
He sounds a lot like Solid Snake.

and yes, I'm aware that david hayter does the voice of the jedi knight.
"They come, marching, believing themselves equal to the army of ancients that chained me. But I am not of their time."
―The Infernal One