Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Madness Sorcerers weakness

Ikansas
12.15.2011 , 07:14 AM | #1
When I look at the sorcerers abilties I can't help but to wonder how a good Madness Sorcerer can ever be killed in an equal fight (self healing, CC, shield). As I'm waiting for my Early Access can anyone give me some input on this.

Yatzol
12.15.2011 , 07:33 AM | #2
ya dude if you take biochem too yer a beast

Invitcted
12.15.2011 , 07:36 AM | #3
By getting the drop on one? Bursting them down, out CCing them, intelligently using defensive CDs.

They aren't the first dots and drains caster to ever grace pvp.
▔ịị◚◚◚◚◚ịịδ▔ịị7▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Happy_Puppy
12.15.2011 , 07:37 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ikansas View Post
When I look at the sorcerers abilties I can't help but to wonder how a good Madness Sorcerer can ever be killed in an equal fight (self healing, CC, shield). As I'm waiting for my Early Access can anyone give me some input on this.
Well as a sith assassin dueling sorc I have not lost. Granted it was level 17 ish range but over all my damage out put with well timed stuns and his inablity to do both damage and healing at the same time made it that if he tried both he lost. If he just healed and did no damage it just draged out but still lost. So far every sorc I dueled would paniic half way through the fight and start to try to heal my damage out put and lose.

low level dueling doesnt give a good picture of what end game geared sorc. will do. So far I'm happy with being a assassin.

Ashnazg
12.15.2011 , 08:02 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ikansas View Post
Its hard.

You could probably burst a sorc down with a properly played operative / brawler (whatever their name is on the republic side) because they do so much damage upfront and have interrupts galore.

Maybe an assassin could do it too, maaybe.

Realistically speaking though, madness sorcs are 1 on 1 superchamps.

Dot them up and run around spamming death field. With 20 s cooldown on overload and snare on force lightning, melee shouldn't touch you, and you can LOS snipers and bounty hunters / troopers no problem