Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dawn of the Jedi

JacenHallis
02.01.2012 , 11:16 PM | #1
What is Dawn of the Jedi? It's a new comic series from Dark Horse that covers the Force Wars era of Star Wars history. That means it takes place before the formation of the Republic circa 25,000 BBY. Apparently, things are not as cut and dry as the current generation (whether that be TOR, the movies, the NJO, Legacy Era or whatever) believes them to be.

Some stuff from issue #0:

The Je'daii

Tythans who live on the planet Tython itself and are actively engaged in studying and understanding the Force belong to the Je'daii Order. All Je'daii are Tythans, but not all descendants of the Tythans are Je'daii.

The word Je'daii is an amalgam of two ancient Dai Bendu words--je, meaning "mystic," and daii, meaning "center"--signifying that the Je'daii concentrate their study on balance within the mystical energy they call the Force.

There are five levels of attainment for the Je'daii: Padawan, Journeyer, Ranger, Master and Temple Master.

Je'daii Code

As with the later Jedi and Sith, the Je'daii developed their own code:

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no fear; there is power.
I am the heart of the Force.
I am the revealing fire of light.
I am the mystery of the darkness
In balance with chaos and harmony.
Immortal in the Force.

Ashla and Bogan

Bright Ashla and dark Bogan are Tython's moons. it was from observing these two celestial bodies that the concept of balance first came to the ancients. To the Je'daii, balance within the Force is the most important tenet of their Order. If a Je'daii strays too far to the light--or the dark--they are deemed to be out of balance. Those who veer too much to the light are sent to Ashla to contemplate Bogan. Those who walk too far into the dark are sent to Bogan, where they can meditate on Ashla until they find their way back to balance--if they ever do.

The Rakata

A species of amphibian-like bipeds whose Infinite Empire dominated the galaxy for millennia. Using slaves from many worlds, they built such marvels as the Star Forge, where they would meld technology with the Force to create their war machines. The Rakata also developed a hyperdrive by bending the Force to their will through the dark side. Thousands of years later, civilizations would take the principles os that technology and find other sources of power to create the hyperdrive that would open the galaxy to travel and trade, and result in the formation of the Galactic Republic.

The Rakata also created Forcesabers, powerful weapons that channeled the dark side of the Force through ebon laboratory-grown crystals into glowing energy blades. The basic principles of this technology would later evolve into the lightsabers used by the Jedi.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

areto
02.02.2012 , 05:22 AM | #2
mystic center sounds like one of those terrorist organizations like the shining path.
“People speak sometimes about the "bestial" cruelty of man, but that is terribly unjust and offensive to beasts, no animal could ever be so cruel as a man, so artfully, so artistically cruel.”

Nalla_Shadow
02.02.2012 , 12:56 PM | #3
I was wondering when someone create a thread for I got the issue#0 and am now exciting waiting for Dawn of Jedi #1 my favorite part in reading it was the code they followed shows a little bit from both sith and jedi code themselves within it.

sevenex
02.02.2012 , 01:01 PM | #4
Sounds awesome, might have to stop by the old comic book shop and pick it up. Is issue #0 currently still on the shelves do you think?

Nalla_Shadow
02.02.2012 , 01:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by sevenex View Post
Sounds awesome, might have to stop by the old comic book shop and pick it up. Is issue #0 currently still on the shelves do you think?
You can also get it digital from the dark horse website which I is what did bought it digital from the website then download it on my i pad. It really helps when you don't have transportation, no comic book store nearby, or when takes day to deliver by mail.

PunkSolo
02.02.2012 , 01:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by sevenex View Post
Issue 0 just came out yesterday but its just some info to help you get started with whats gonna be going on. The actual story starts in issue 1. But if you're interested in concept art and the such then you should pick it up.
"Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled, but passion is not the same thing as love. Love itself will save, not condemn you." -Jolee Bindo

sevenex
02.02.2012 , 02:54 PM | #7
Cool, thanks for the info. I have a neat little comic book shop near the house that I like to go to. Gets me out of the house and I enjoy throwing some cash at those guys to help support a cool local business. I'll go pick it up to add to my comic collection.

ShadoeWrayth
02.02.2012 , 05:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JacenHallis View Post
The Rakata also created Forcesabers, powerful weapons that channeled the dark side of the Force through ebon laboratory-grown crystals into glowing energy blades. The basic principles of this technology would later evolve into the lightsabers used by the Jedi.
Amazing how I have been saying this for the last week or so on several different threads, and everyone keeps shooting me down, saying no, the force has nothing to do with lightsabers. Like they are just scientific gadgets that are electrically powered and have lazer or plasma beams...

Ergh, I really hate it when people HAVE to have a logical, scientific explanation for stuff, and refuse to accept that in a fantasy story with 'magic' of some sort, that the reason some things work, is.... MAGIC...

The Rakata were very strong with the Force, and very smart with Technology... so they built almost all of their tech to use the Force... Hence why when they got that disease/plague whatever, it separated them from the Force, and their Technology basically became useless...

So, now we are being told that it is Canon, Lightsabers channel the Force to make the blades... does not surprise me, and seeing as how the Rakata couldn't use them (according to every site I have seen, they lost the use of all the techs that had anything to do with the Force)... That means you have the be Force Attuned/Sensitive to use Lightsabers...

Awesome... Simplifies a whole lot of questions, I think... Black Lightsaber is definitely possible then, because it's the Force making the beam, not some scientific process involving light or plasma, or magnetic fields, or whatever... The Force!

PunkSolo
02.02.2012 , 05:39 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadoeWrayth View Post
Amazing how I have been saying this for the last week or so on several different threads, and everyone keeps shooting me down, saying no, the force has nothing to do with lightsabers. Like they are just scientific gadgets that are electrically powered and have lazer or plasma beams...

Ergh, I really hate it when people HAVE to have a logical, scientific explanation for stuff, and refuse to accept that in a fantasy story with 'magic' of some sort, that the reason some things work, is.... MAGIC...

The Rakata were very strong with the Force, and very smart with Technology... so they built almost all of their tech to use the Force... Hence why when they got that disease/plague whatever, it separated them from the Force, and their Technology basically became useless...

So, now we are being told that it is Canon, Lightsabers channel the Force to make the blades... does not surprise me, and seeing as how the Rakata couldn't use them (according to every site I have seen, they lost the use of all the techs that had anything to do with the Force)... That means you have the be Force Attuned/Sensitive to use Lightsabers...

Awesome... Simplifies a whole lot of questions, I think... Black Lightsaber is definitely possible then, because it's the Force making the beam, not some scientific process involving light or plasma, or magnetic fields, or whatever... The Force!
well no i dont think thats true. Notice that these aren't lightsabers. This was the rakatan form and only a darksider could use them. Current lightsabers are a whole different thing from what ive seen.
"Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled, but passion is not the same thing as love. Love itself will save, not condemn you." -Jolee Bindo

Kekkles
02.02.2012 , 05:40 PM | #10
Forcesabers may have channeled force to make their blades, but LIGHTSABERS do NOT!