Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing and You!

varjo
12.19.2011 , 03:51 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by botero View Post
I mainly focus on the tank. But if a dps is getting smacked around to hard I'll throw a bubble on them if they get themselves killed after that then o well
^- this.

SySnootles
12.19.2011 , 03:58 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by NedrudRelyt View Post
Once you get Dark Infusion, you should already have its cast time reduced (research your abilities and plan ahead when possible), and you should avoid dark heal.
Dark heal becomes viable again when you have 2/2 in Force Bending and cast Resurgence first.
One thing I don't see mentioned here, is the use of Sorc utility.
Whirlwind can be used on targets up to Elites and should be. That is an easy 60 seconds of eliminating damage from that enemy.
Electrocute, sometimes shock, sometimes jolt used on the right target reduce damage on the tank also.
Sorc does very well against a target that does high spikes of damage occasionally. Static barrier holds against some of the damage, while you can help DPS, then go back to healing quickly with Resurgence/Innervate and a fast Dark Infusion.
Now, as for DPS ... a lot of encounters with added targets occur in this game. DPS should realize that with heals already going out, and zero threat having been incurred by the tank on those target, they are going to bee-line for the healer. DPS has to protect the healer as they can (overload should give them a little room in that regard) and therefore the healer must help in return. That is where the effects from Resurgence come in. Resurgence is a nice, small, instant heal with heal over time, that, with proper skill points, give some very good after effects to use.
Tank is on boss. Adds come in. DPS clears the adds on them (from AOE threat), then turns to help healer. Healer puts barrier & resurge on tank, does an overload, uses a fast heal on self, a resurge on a DPS and an infusion on tank, a barrier on someone, another resurge on other DPS and another infusion on tank ... adds should be dead by then.
The fights in SWtOR seem much more dynamic at low levels than that other game. Be prepared to adapt.
Great advice.
SySnootles is... Darth Rage Quit, a Pure Blooded Sith Sorcerer Healer plying his trade on the Dark Intent guild / Kellian Jarro server.

Gruntacus
12.19.2011 , 08:21 AM | #23
The answer is easy, the Tank is my priority unless I am assigned to group over tank if another healer is in group. Luckily I am assigned main healer for my guilds main tank so we all know our roles.

In pugs its a nightmare, the stupid DPS smack everything and expect me to pull the hate from them with big heals .. not going to happen !!!

The numpty DPS which smack on everything other than the tanks target will not drain my force pool.

The mantra is - you spank it , you tank it but dont expect me to waste my force reserve because you have no idea of your role or limitations.

I will throw out heals to the DPS but my main priority is keeping the tank standing.

Heimskringla
12.19.2011 , 09:29 AM | #24
It depends on the group composition. If there's another healer, or an off healer, I pretty much focus entirely on keeping the tank and myself healed. I let the off-healer worry about keeping the DPS up, especially if they pull too much aggro.

If I'm the only healer, then I keep the tank up first off. I'll use medpacs on myself if I need to. I find keeping the tank in a static barrier is immensely helpful. DPS gets heals only if I have enough force to spare.
- I spent $149.95 on a video game with no release date, and all I got was the key to the executive washroom.

DelvanVellar
12.19.2011 , 09:35 AM | #25
I know alot of healers rage about the "stupid dps" taking damage, but unless we are in a fight that I am really having to focus on keeping people up, I will heal them anyways. As long as I have the force power for it, why not be friendly about it and if the group is moving along well, i am all for keeping everyone up.

Now, seriously, as for strategy. Mine can be put simply but is fairly complex. My strategy is, "it depends."

If we are focusing mainly on flashpoints, on trash, it really doesn't matter that much usually. There are a few out there that can hit hard, but nothing that general things like "keep the bubble up" and such won't take care of.

As for boss fights, as I said, it depends. Some boss fights have adds, and you might have a dps that is tasked to "take care of" the adds, which means they are probably going to wind up pulling them onto themselves. So now you have to really split your attention and keep both of them going. Make sure you have the skill that reduces the cooldown of your static bubble (forgot the name) but that really helps and the one that increases the amount of damage it can take.

Most of my big heals strategy revolves around using my bubble. It gives me an extra few seconds (or second, if there is alot of damage going out) to get off a big heal or two to top someone off. I also watch for someone to start taking damage and will start to cast a heal when i see damage start, not after it has happened. I can always cancel the heal before it goes off if they don't take as much as i thought or I don't think it was really necessary.

Grunn
12.19.2011 , 09:46 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by SySnootles View Post
I have a question for the Healing minded Sorcerers among us... What are your healing priorities?

Healers playing through group content, especially when inserted into a less than ideal group setup, soon learn the one universal truth about healing...

"sacrifices need to be made for your force pool is not infinite"

We can further define the concept with a simple mantra that every healer should memorize and repeat as needed:

If the Tank dies, it's the Healer's fault. If the Healer dies, it's the Tank's fault. If the DPS dies, it's their own damned fault.

So.. who's the Healer actually supposed to Heal?

If The Tank Dies, It's The Healer's Fault, the Tank is always the healers priority in any kind of group content, and when i say "Tank" im not referring to the Imperial agent that keeps pulling all the aggro.

Let your Tank die and in most situations the group is doomed to wipe.

If The Healer Dies, It's The Tank's Fault, Remember meat-bags (tanks) your only job in the world is to keep your healer alive, not only alive but not wasting his force pool healing himself.

If The DPS Dies It's Their Own Damned Fault, we all know that damage dealers are just as important as any other class, no one likes to spend an hour clearing trash mobs because you don't have enough DPS. But we all have to remember that a good damage dealer is a someone who "kicks "#$ without getting their "#$ kicked in return".

If a damage dealer has their stuff together, he doesnt need heals because he probably not pulling aggro from the Tank.

"But this game doesn't have a threat meter!" the masses cried. Itīs back to old school and pay attention when your DPS starts taking damage. Try to understand how that's happening and educate them politely (by letting them die).

In the end, the more you heal the more you accumulate aggro towards the mob, if your throwing heals left and right, you will end up dead. So try to heal on a single target during each pull.

Most important of all rules a healer should follow... Heal yourself before you heal anyone else. A dead healer is a useless healer.

So the question i ask fellow sorcerers... What are your healing strategies while grouped?
Well I have healed all the Heroics up to 25 and up through Hammer Station on the Flashpoints and as long as I keep the DPS bubbled I rarely have to throw them a heal so the priority would be Tank, then myself.

Only tricky area so far has been the end boss of Hammer Station when he does that big AOE spike of damage and having the adds in there sticking to me like crazy. Other then that everything is pretty straight forward.

Loving this class by the way.

VicSkimmr
12.19.2011 , 09:52 AM | #27
I dont' think that mantra works as well any more. There are a lot of boss fights that randomly put the beat down on players, it doesn't have anything to do with threat generation. Just because the DPS is taking damage doesn't necessarily mean they're bad at their job.

I try to keep everyone healed up if possible, but if my force pool is running low the DPS are the first to be sacrificed.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

SySnootles
12.19.2011 , 09:57 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Grunn View Post
Well I have healed all the Heroics up to 25 and up through Hammer Station on the Flashpoints and as long as I keep the DPS bubbled I rarely have to throw them a heal so the priority would be Tank, then myself.

Only tricky area so far has been the end boss of Hammer Station when he does that big AOE spike of damage and having the adds in there sticking to me like crazy. Other then that everything is pretty straight forward.

Loving this class by the way.
Hammer station is indeed a pain in the "#$... and its easier now than in beta
SySnootles is... Darth Rage Quit, a Pure Blooded Sith Sorcerer Healer plying his trade on the Dark Intent guild / Kellian Jarro server.

oflow
12.19.2011 , 09:59 AM | #29
The tank dying can also be his own fault. Its why healing some tanks you hardly have to heal and others you struggle to keep them alive.

There are M1s and there are T55s out there. Lets get it right.

<Founder>

ElanMorinTedroni
12.19.2011 , 10:15 AM | #30
No one dies if I can help it.

I'll generally try to heal stupid...

It's obnoxious stupid that I'll let die.