Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing and You!

_Darkstar
12.16.2011 , 04:31 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SySnootles View Post
Being awesome should be everyone´s goal in life.
I prefer to think of it as my starting point
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Kasias
12.16.2011 , 08:14 AM | #12
Last night at the Imperial Flashpoint... it was the tank's fault

But we eventually got it done.. what a blast!!!

SySnootles
12.16.2011 , 08:27 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kasias View Post
Last night at the Imperial Flashpoint... it was the tank's fault

But we eventually got it done.. what a blast!!!
Which flashpoint? and what did you think about healing through it?

Taegost
12.16.2011 , 12:08 PM | #14
Well, for all the healing I've done through the various MMOs, adaptability is the key to survival. My healing priorities change based on the situation, because sometimes to survive, you need to let the tank die, or even yourself. One rule that does stay constant though is that *******es are at the bottom of the priority queue (People who repeatedly show a lack of understanding or caring of the mechanics/group). People who are blatantly disruptive don't get a spot in my priority until they either leave or get kicked.
Other then those outliers, it's generally the usual: tank >= self > highest dps > next lowest dps > lowest dps

Aerojinx
12.16.2011 , 12:48 PM | #15
I'm only level 22, but I recommend getting those points in lightning off the bat for the extra force and mana reduction. After that use ONLY big heal unless damage is imminent or your falling behind then use your shield and big heal. The quick heal burns too much away and generally if you need to use that (so far from my experience..) you or your teammates are doing it wrong.
this is for PvE, haven't really done PvP yet.

botero
12.16.2011 , 01:35 PM | #16
I mainly focus on the tank. But if a dps is getting smacked around to hard I'll throw a bubble on them if they get themselves killed after that then o well

BusterOfCherry
12.16.2011 , 04:13 PM | #17
With this build, should I start with Madness, Lightning and then finish up with Corruption?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...0dGzZf00MZ0M.1

I figure its best to pick up the lower end, they seem more useful at a lower level. I wont be a full healer until later on.

Any thoughts?

dcarterwww
12.17.2011 , 03:14 PM | #18
TBH you shouldnt have an issue keeping everyone up. Remember use Static Barrier wisely as its a great tool to use.

loketar
12.17.2011 , 05:33 PM | #19
My general rotation (If one can call it that) is shield, then resurgence on the tank, if anyone has managed to take any spike damage on the initial pull then a quick dark heal, after that it's a case of keeping resurgence up on me as much as possible and using shield and reduced dark infusion cast time on the tank. I use consumption twice as soon as I hit 80% force, combining the reduced cost of dark heal with the hot of resurgence usually tops me off enough to only lose about 1-2% health from consumption, that is without the reduced health cost points from Dark Resilience. I'm only level 24 though with very few flashpoints under my belt so this might not be the optimal way to heal.

NedrudRelyt
12.19.2011 , 01:08 AM | #20
Once you get Dark Infusion, you should already have its cast time reduced (research your abilities and plan ahead when possible), and you should avoid dark heal.
Dark heal becomes viable again when you have 2/2 in Force Bending and cast Resurgence first.
One thing I don't see mentioned here, is the use of Sorc utility.
Whirlwind can be used on targets up to Elites and should be. That is an easy 60 seconds of eliminating damage from that enemy.
Electrocute, sometimes shock, sometimes jolt used on the right target reduce damage on the tank also.
Sorc does very well against a target that does high spikes of damage occasionally. Static barrier holds against some of the damage, while you can help DPS, then go back to healing quickly with Resurgence/Innervate and a fast Dark Infusion.
Now, as for DPS ... a lot of encounters with added targets occur in this game. DPS should realize that with heals already going out, and zero threat having been incurred by the tank on those target, they are going to bee-line for the healer. DPS has to protect the healer as they can (overload should give them a little room in that regard) and therefore the healer must help in return. That is where the effects from Resurgence come in. Resurgence is a nice, small, instant heal with heal over time, that, with proper skill points, give some very good after effects to use.
Tank is on boss. Adds come in. DPS clears the adds on them (from AOE threat), then turns to help healer. Healer puts barrier & resurge on tank, does an overload, uses a fast heal on self, a resurge on a DPS and an infusion on tank, a barrier on someone, another resurge on other DPS and another infusion on tank ... adds should be dead by then.
The fights in SWtOR seem much more dynamic at low levels than that other game. Be prepared to adapt.