Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare your Dev promised action

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BioWare your Dev promised action
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tinasa
02.01.2012 , 10:07 PM | #1
Hello,

In the last patch a change was made to the cool down graphics. For several days, stretching over 1000+ posts and 80 pages, there was a thread about this issue and how it has caused problems.

When I play my Sentinel, I cannot see when my abilities are cooled down. This is a very real problem and one that your Dev said, in the other thread, they would be fixing.

So, when? When is this going to be fixed? It seems a simple enough thing to just undo what was done and wasn't requested.

My play time has dropped by 95% since the last patch and this change. I keep checking to see when it's going to be addressed, and yet nothing else has been said of the issue.

Since I cannot play the game with the changes you made, I will assume you won't mind me cancelling my account come the new billing cycle. This is not what I would particularly want to do, but I'm not going to pay you for something I cannot and will not use.

So in closing, please comment on this issue. You have already said you would do something about this, please let us know when.

Thank you.
Knight of the Old Republic 50th Sentinel - PURE
Smuggler/Sawbones 25th
Sith Inquisitor/Sorcerer 15th

TaintedSquirrel
02.01.2012 , 10:08 PM | #2
It's in the 1.1.2 notes, I think.

edit:
Right here.
Quote:
Abilities on cooldown are now more easily distinguished from abilities that can be used.

Tinasa
02.01.2012 , 10:09 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TaintedSquirrel View Post

edit:
Right here.
Thank you
Knight of the Old Republic 50th Sentinel - PURE
Smuggler/Sawbones 25th
Sith Inquisitor/Sorcerer 15th

KipMalice
02.01.2012 , 10:10 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TaintedSquirrel View Post

edit:
Right here.
Uhh. So when they "FIXED" it before to make it better it worked right? Haha sorry I am not too optimistic with these guys....

GeorgZoeller
02.01.2012 , 10:15 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Tinasa,

I would like to clear up a misconception here first:

I promised action, but I did not promise a specific patch for that action. My exact words were 'an upcoming patch'. Not 'the upcoming patch' (1.1.1.) or Patch 1.1.1. I apologize if I confused you, but I picked my words carefully.

As a matter of fact, the modified cooldown UI is live on the test server and ready for your feedback:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=260938

So, the answer to your question is, barring unforseen circumstances, 'as soon as patch 1.1.2 moves from the test servers to the live servers'. We invite you to get on to the test server and try out the changes for yourself, as well as give us additional feedback if you feel we can do more.

Just to take this opportunity to create some additional clarity:

Contrary to what people may believe, we rarely make hastily-written posts here. In fact, most words you will find in posts like the one you are referring to are chosen very deliberately.

The absence of a specific patch number in a post like this indicates a level of planning uncertainty that prevents a specific statement as to the exact timing of a change from being made. This is usually the case when we know an issue has been identified and addressed internally but still has to pass internal testing.

regards
Georg

vandana_
02.03.2012 , 09:46 AM | #6
I checked PTR yesterday and it's already been fixed there - there's a nice new outline for abilities on cd and they are "greyed out". Let's hope it'll make it to the live servers asap.
V'ox

Navimygator
02.03.2012 , 09:50 AM | #7
It's in the 1.1.2 notes . . . but that doesn't mean it will actually get fixed in that patch lol.
Oh bother.

vandana_
02.03.2012 , 11:06 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Navimygator View Post
It's in the 1.1.2 notes . . . but that doesn't mean it will actually get fixed in that patch lol.
I believe it'll be very soon as it has already been implemented on PTR.
V'ox

Frigidman
02.03.2012 , 02:08 PM | #9
Before they adjusted the cooldown graphics, it was already impossible to pre-empt what skill will actually be ready once the 'whole grayed out bar nonsense' was done. Before they adjusted it, it was just downright clunky and horrible.

So people requested the cooldown method of gray-everything-out be adjusted to be clearer. Yes, people requested it be fixed. So bioware responded by putting in a fix that DID clear up the stupid 'everything is grayed out' nonsense. Thanks bioware!

Ever since that fix, every single person I have played with has not made a single comment about the new method being 'bad'. Many actually were glad they could see what skills were going to be ready when the scan line finished. I as well found the current new setup better then what it was, and my combat proficiency increased as I was able to pre-click skills better.

Granted its not THE BEST cooldown graphic (and I can point to other games too on better methods), but what bioware did as an interim 'fix' WAS better then the crud it originally was (in my book).

The worst thing they could do right now, is revert it back to the way it was. Thankfully they don't listen to stupidity, and have instead adjusted it again further towards a better effect. Is 1.1.2 the best? No. It can be better. However it should make people like the OP shut up and stop throwing false threats of unsubbing over something so silly as a cooldown timer graphic.

Sad to see after all these years... the same old QoL bugs exist, and nothing has changed for the better.
Way to go AAA developers!

SunwindIon
02.03.2012 , 02:24 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Hi Tinasa,

I would like to clear up a misconception here first:

I promised action, but I did not promise a specific patch for that action. My exact words were 'an upcoming patch'. Not 'the upcoming patch' (1.1.1.) or Patch 1.1.1. I apologize if I confused you, but I picked my words carefully.

As a matter of fact, the modified cooldown UI is live on the test server and ready for your feedback:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=260938

So, the answer to your question is, barring unforseen circumstances, 'as soon as patch 1.1.2 moves from the test servers to the live servers'. We invite you to get on to the test server and try out the changes for yourself, as well as give us additional feedback if you feel we can do more.

Just to take this opportunity to create some additional clarity:

Contrary to what people may believe, we rarely make hastily-written posts here. In fact, most words you will find in posts like the one you are referring to are chosen very deliberately.

The absence of a specific patch number in a post like this indicates a level of planning uncertainty that prevents a specific statement as to the exact timing of a change from being made. This is usually the case when we know an issue has been identified and addressed internally but still has to pass internal testing.

regards
Georg
My biggest problem about all of this is that the original cooldown change managed to even go through in the first place, I can't even fathom how you guys changed it and pushed the change through without even managing to test it, i'm just gobsmacked about the whole thing, it shouldn't have even happened in the first place.