Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.1.2 PvP bag changes.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1.1.2 PvP bag changes.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lexiekaboom
02.01.2012 , 10:18 PM | #11
HAHA!

I already have battle master gear and YOU DON'T!!

YOU WILL NOW NEVER, EVER BE ABLE TO BEAT ME

Thank you so much BIOWARE. I get to kill new level 50s forever. I love you so much. Thank you for listening to me saying that I should be able to kill new people with no challenge over the 1000s of people telling you to end the gear disparity.

SUCKERS. YOU JUST LOST AT PVP!

fungihoujo
02.01.2012 , 10:18 PM | #12
This wouldn't be such a bad idea... if all the premade guilds already didn't have full BM gear, largely due to exploiting Voidstar or pvp levelling early on.

Now, you're making those who are behind to fall even further behind- this is simply a terrible change at this point. The only people this will hurt are those who are more casual and/or went for getting their gear the normal way rather than taking advantage of exploits. Where are the bans? I still see people I reported for the Voidstar exploit playing weeks later, still in their cheaply earned BM gear.

I can understand bugs- that happens- but it really seems you aren't punishing exploiters- in fact, it seems you're only punishing legitimate players, and that is a very bad message to send.

Tourne
02.01.2012 , 10:33 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by McVade View Post
Bioware's incompetence on this issue is, quite frankly, frightening...

PvPers: "We don't like the RNG/Luck system."

Solution: "Okay. You will now be able to gain more crappy gear at a more steady rate, but need even MORE RNG/Luck to get anything good."

PvPers: "Yeeeah, so when's Guild Wars 2 coming out?"

I laughed so hard, I cried- then pissed myself...because it's actually true.

xOspreyx
02.01.2012 , 10:40 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
This change is a terrible idea. People are already complaining that they got to Valor rank 60 with barely any Champion gear, and BW's solution is to make the RNG worse?

There is a vast difference between Tier I and Tier II PvP armor, so why gate new players off from Tier II? 50 brackets are imbalanced enough as it is without making fresh 50's work even harder (or get even luckier, rather) for Tier II.

If you want steady progression, take the RNG out of the system entirely. Until then, don't create even more barriers between players based on luck.
Totally agree. Aside from the minimal amount of expertise on the Centurion crap, you can easily get better gear just from crafted blues. I am lacking 3 pieces of Champion gear on my Assassin and I don't even bother buying the Centurion pieces for those slots because the crafted gear I have is better.

The only way I would be cool with this change is if they put in a way for us to trade Centurion tokens for Champion tokens similar to the way you exchange warzone tokens for mercenary. Just so you know Bioware, the same 3:1 ratio WOULD NOT BE ACCEPTABLE. It's much harder to get those bags than it is to get the warzone tokens. I would say something in the area of 1.5:1 would be fair.

Allmightyprom
02.01.2012 , 10:54 PM | #15
Wow...so they see all the people quitting because they are opening 20 bags to find 1 piece of token gear.......so their pitiful response is to make it even harder to get token gear. Good going BW. With logic like that, the game cant help but succeed.
Patch 1.2 - [MANIFESTO OF INCOMPETANCE]
Support your local healers. Boycott the Patch 1.2 Healing Nerfs. Make it clear to the Devs that their idea of "balance" is unacceptable. Unsubscribe Today

Flamingtable
02.01.2012 , 10:58 PM | #16
BioWare, just one question:

What are you thinking ????

This is the single dumbest change you've done yet.

ReRuined
02.01.2012 , 11:00 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Allmightyprom View Post
Wow...so they see all the people quitting because they are opening 20 bags to find 1 piece of token gear.......so their pitiful response is to make it even harder to get token gear. Good going BW. With logic like that, the game cant help but succeed.
But hey, you will get centurion tokens faster. It's not like they are nerfing expertise or the T2 PvE set is easier to get. Oh wait.
Josh Mars - Valor 62 Gunslinger
Forgotten Mars - Valor xx Sage

Anishor
02.01.2012 , 11:00 PM | #18
This change would make sense if each bag level gave out comms of its name type.

Which would of course require you to have Centenarian bags reintroduced.

3 Bag types

Centurian - Purchasable with 100/100 Wz/Merc with no requirement rewards cent gear tokens
Champion - Purchasable with 200/200 wz/Merc with requirement of lvl 50 rewards Champ Tokens, and the chance for a champ gear token.
Battlemaster - Purchasable with 400/400 WZ/Merc with Valor lvl 60 requirement, rewards BM tokens. ( though they would have to increase the token cost )
Nightlife, Ebon Hawk Server

Sranishor, Warden
( Jugg/Guard ) ( Mara/Sent )
"For the best party you've ever had.."

Illidor
02.01.2012 , 11:03 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Anishor View Post
This change would make sense if each bag level gave out comms of its name type.

Which would of course require you to have Centenarian bags reintroduced.

3 Bag types

Centurian - Purchasable with 100/100 Wz/Merc with no requirement rewards cent gear tokens
Champion - Purchasable with 200/200 wz/Merc with requirement of lvl 50 rewards Champ Tokens, and the chance for a champ gear token.
Battlemaster - Purchasable with 400/400 WZ/Merc with Valor lvl 60 requirement, rewards BM tokens. ( though they would have to increase the token cost )
What is this, an idea that makes sense? Blasphemy!

ironwillaa
02.01.2012 , 11:05 PM | #20
Yeah this change seems rather silly, it makes me want to grind PVP now as fast as I can until 1.1.2 comes out in the hopes of finishing out my champion set. I'm lucky too - I have 8 pieces of champ gear and the rest centurion already - but lowering the drop rate even more (opened 5 bags today, nothing but cent commendations yay!) seems stupendously dumb.

I agree with others that they should just change it to be commendation drops only, no more of this gear token stuff. Let us be guaranteed some commendations of each type in the bags so that we can have an actual gear progression that isn't random. Let us see that "I do more warzones, I get better gear". That is how it should work, reward the people who spend the most time playing, not the ones who roll the dice lucky!