Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lymain
02.01.2012 , 11:33 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.
That's great news! Even though my main is a Battlemaster that, more often than not, benefits from a gear advantage, I've always felt that gear played much too large of role in PvP.

schwiz
02.01.2012 , 11:35 PM | #82
a 2nd nerf to the rataka medpac seriously??? Now its the same as the exotech? Whats even the point of going through a hard mode to get the alloy if it has NO benefit now????? Seriously ***.

Poogination
02.01.2012 , 11:37 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Rasheth View Post
Why does everyone have to always bring up PvP when he is clearly talking about End Game PvE. Whats wrong with you PvP obsessed people? Also if what you are talking about were to happen would that make every pvper automatically pick whatever craft was capable of doing that so that they wouldn't be forced to be slaved to the market? Only way that works is if mutiple crafting professions had access to this ability and if that is what you wanted to say you left it out of your post.
Georg was actually talking about Biochem and how it gives people an unfair advantage in both PvP and PvE, so clearly your reading comprehension is total ****.

Secondly, why are you taking a comment personally? So what if he commented on PvP? Is your fanboism really blinding you so badly that you'll defend something for absolutely no reason other than you just being a nerd?
Guild Wars 2 - 2012 - See You At Launch!

darthtoph
02.01.2012 , 11:40 PM | #84
What wasn't addressed is the fact that there are no real money sinks in the game, thus is a player driven model not possible nor reachable the way current things are. Please, can somebody list stuff to spend your millions of endgame credits on? Speeder collection? Massive amounts of blue Biochem medpacs? Even those don't qualify as real 'money sinks' leaving credits at endgame totally useless unless you're one of those who respec every other second, but then again, that's not how to use the respec vendor, even the devs stated that.

The daily Ilum/Belsavis quests alone yield about 100-200k every day - not counting the credit gained from the ridiculous amount of blue, orange and purple items that you will acquire every time (most of the time I just NPC the loot) - and they only take approx 1h to complete and are all soloable.
I don't judge a game by how old or new it is, I judge it by what it is when it is presented to me.

GameNirvana
02.01.2012 , 11:44 PM | #85
Hi,

It is our intention to gradually, over multiple patches, reduce the impact of situational consumables on endgame combat resolution and shift the factors which determine the outcome of combat more towards personal skill. As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.

Regards
Georg
Mr. Zoeller,

I can't thank you enough for realizing the importance of skill and making the difference between armors significantly less. However, is this really all? Please look into these threads to see what your PvP fanbase is discussing. You're an MMO expert, so please try to pick out the best things from other games or ideas you can come up with. The PvE in this game is phenomenal...PvP not at all, no offense intended.

Bag System: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=245074

Broken Resolve: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=136453

PvP wins not counting: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=257011

Ilum Awefullness - Suggestions: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=234156

Competitiveness: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=259178

DAoC - yet again. It's everywhere: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=261488

1-49 better PvP: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=259238

More Ilum suggestions: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=209542

Please give more feedback on PvP. I've got two months left on my sub, and atm I'm not enjoying PvP at all. I, along with others, will unsub most likely if this doesn't become fun and competitive.

JeramieCrowe
02.01.2012 , 11:52 PM | #86
It is our intention to gradually, over multiple patches, reduce the impact of situational consumables on endgame combat resolution and shift the factors which determine the outcome of combat more towards personal skill. As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.
This is absolutely awesome!

Keep up the fantastic work, guys!
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Kelticfury
02.01.2012 , 11:56 PM | #87
Why does everyone have to always bring up PvP when he is clearly talking about End Game PvE.
This might come as a shock to you, but there is pvp at endgame as well. Might as well get used to that.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVarrak View Post
To quote Mace Windu "Im tired of these mofo Sith in this mofo galaxy"
Dancing is OP!111 Video evidence!11

Edgedy
02.02.2012 , 12:01 AM | #88
I'm an Artificer, 400. Been playing since beta. This is directed to Bioware and it's a simple question of custom gear and designs.

I like the look of an armor, or a light saber, or even a gun.

Why is it that I'm not allowed to reverse engineer it to add to my list of creations? Even if it means adding it as a green, making it into a blue, and then a purple, and finally an orange, I don't mind having to work at it to get a real recipe model.

If you're serious about custom itemization, then we should be able to take a found item that we like it's appearance and change it into an orange piece. Even if it's not 100%, even if it's 5%, I'd like in the future for me to be able to actually design 'outfits' and 'weapon sets'.

An example of this, is the hideous outfits you keep putting Jedi Sentinel's into.

Another example of this, is the fact that our best tier 3 Rakata and Battlemaster lightsabers... do not even match. Come on, it's not a challenge and it's certainly not difficult, but please show a little more love to the custom gear makers, and make us actually able to look cool and different. (We know you love Sith, but really?)

Thanks.

Hiro_Vitality
02.02.2012 , 12:01 AM | #89
Why does everyone have to always bring up PvP when he is clearly talking about End Game PvE. Whats wrong with you PvP obsessed people? Also if what you are talking about were to happen would that make every pvper automatically pick whatever craft was capable of doing that so that they wouldn't be forced to be slaved to the market? Only way that works is if mutiple crafting professions had access to this ability and if that is what you wanted to say you left it out of your post.
As stated previously by Bioware. PvP currently makes up over 50% of the community, so game balance must be considered in such a way.
Czerka Corporation : ninja capping Karma players since day one!

www.Justin.tv/hopebaby !

Lunesca
02.02.2012 , 12:02 AM | #90
While I could rant about these changes both for and against, I'll try to keep it quick.

So you want to make biochem less of a 'mandatory' skill. That's a really good goal. Taking the biochem restrictions off of some of the craftables, that's a really good idea too. By doing that, you've already closed the gap between those with, and those without biochem. So why nerf their (and I stress the word) exclusives? Isn't that what sets them apart? I would love to have an augment slot on my relics, but I can't. That's exclusive to Artificers. Saying that "it saves you money over the long run, that's what makes it exclusive" is a pretty poor excuse considering how unbelievably easy it is to get credits.

Nerfing PVP gear? Are you crazy? Most pvpers use the 2piece PVE a long with their PVP gear as it is. Lets cut to the meat of this problem: There is a no-mans-land between fresh 50 and geared for heroics. The only thing to fill that gap is the dailies for barrels/hilts and armoring.
You need to make the high level normal mode FPs worth doing. The reason people are feeling such a big gap in PVP is because they're PVPing to GEAR for HARDMODES in many cases. Heck, it's what I did. I'm not a hardcore pvp'er, only Valor 38, I got most of the Champion pieces, some Centurion. I notice a difference between when I wear it and when I don't, and I should. It's made specifically for this task. I've been worked over by people wearing pve gear plenty of times. Is it because PVE gear is OP? Not so much, PVP gear underpowered? Not so much. Most times it was back playing on my part or better playing on theirs. The difference isn't that great, atleast not between ungeared/Centurion/Champion gear that you're completely screwed without it. Many have said already to just add another entry level set. (Also, huge agreement on the bag system being completely wack).

Taking out purple mods and such? I'm actually okay with that. Since they'll be bound anyways, you had to earn it originally. But...lets not forget enhancements that don't have Primary Stats on them. I can see that easily being abused.

I think I know one good fix for crafting usefulness. The dailies give you the best mods outside of Ops. Who needs an Arms/Cyber to craft you one with your over inflated mats when you can just do some dailies? You shouldn't have made the daily rewards quit as good as the crafted ones in my opinion. But with all these incoming changes, and I haven't completely thought this next comment through, but oranges might be a bit too good when it's all said and done. The only saving grace of tiered gear that I can see is the set bonuses (which are a strong point in using them over orange gear.)