Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lrdprimus
02.03.2012 , 06:41 PM | #501
so if i go into a warzone naked i should be able to kill a BM player huh

Seeing your bag logic I can understand totally you guys posting this garbage.

whats the point of grinding anything if you give it to everyone FOR FREE

GG bioware yet another mistake your going to make

wow just wow

Amdarius
02.03.2012 , 08:30 PM | #502
Bad idea on the improved success of RE efforts.

Better to just remove the chance of discovering the same schematic already discovered..

I like artifacts and epics being RARE, especially at the high lvls. Although I suppose given how easy it is to kit out in PVP elite gear, it doesn't really matter anyway.

Ayaria
02.03.2012 , 09:16 PM | #503
What's your Problem Bw? Swtor is'nt a game for pvp, thats only pve - That Pvp sh..., what you done there is absolutly uselee:

Bad performence
Unfair belancing
to many bugs that were used by players and no item roll back is your way?!

Stopp talking about PVP and take that sh... as a reason to reduce biochem
Freiheit ist nicht nur ein Recht. Freiheit ist eine permanente Aufgabe, ein dauerhafter Prozeß. Kurt Biedenkopf

CivicTiger
02.03.2012 , 09:41 PM | #504
IF RAKATA (REUSABLE) IS BEING NERFED TO BE THE SAME STATS AS EXOTECH (REUSABLE) THEN WHATS THE POINT IN USING RAKATA?!?!?!

Bioware.. are you trolling? or do you seriously not even play your own game?

Vid-szhite
02.04.2012 , 12:27 AM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by deserttfoxx View Post
Their last paragraph that is completely vague and says nothing solid about how they plan on fixing any of the the problems crafting actually has?

Get real.
When devs talk about stuff they have in the works, they HAVE to be vague because not all of their ideas are final and people will get disappointed (butthurt) when their favorite ideas end up not making it.

Get realistic.

MasterBash
02.04.2012 , 02:40 AM | #506
Lets see how you can fix crew skills!

Don't nerf biochem, keep rakata more powerful or at the very least equal
Buff other crew skills... how? Let's say you make mod 24 BoE and make BoP mod 25 that requires skill 400. That way people can sell strong 24 BoE mods while having 25 as BoP for themselves. Hey, a perk!

I don't understand why they nerfed Biochem again. Rakata worse than Exotech?

It shouldn't have been nerfed. Adrenals and stims need to stay better or at the very very least equal. (Equal if you simply want it as a money saver, or stronger if you want it to be more powerful and a money saver).

Or maybe... If you don't want biochem to save so much money while other crew skills will have to spend $$ on stims, adrenals and medpac during progression... You can change all rakata stims/adrenals/medpac to be something like an items you can use which simply increase the stats of the stim that you use by 10%. (Or whatever the right number is so it equals other crew skills). This is also a nerf to biochem, because if you don't use a stim, your stats suffer... So if you prefer you can change it to a +25 of a certain stat (depending on the Rakata crafted), or whatever the right number is... to make it a permanent perk.

This will help the economy.
All crew skills will be fixed then.
People will actually do dailies instead of sitting with so much credits and just rolling biochem as a money saver for progression.

Aethyrprime
02.04.2012 , 02:41 AM | #507
Just a general post to all of the "PVE" trolls who keep bashing PvP saying/claiming SWTOR is not for PvP or PvP ruins MMORPGS or even PvP Has no place in MMORPGs.. I want to direct your attention to the only major title which released without meaningful PvP and draw your attention to it's history. The title is called "Lord of the Rings Online". The game for pve is probably the most rock solid and well thought out progression systems around. Pretty good crafting, nice classes, good skills, interesting questlines, based on a successful IP (like star wars) etc.

The game is considered a resounding failure even among failures due to the lack of any meaningful form of PvP. It now stands as the example by which all future games will be judged. NO Game no matter how polished and excellent will ever be successful without PvP. And after Lotro no developer with a brain will make the same mistake again.

If you hate pvp so much and want the carebear type let's all hold hands and be everyones friend type game.. Lotro is exactly what you are looking for. There's two types of servers, PVE and RP.

Tarengrim
02.04.2012 , 04:08 AM | #508
I do not think the price of the purple material from missions is really what matters. Actually that one is pretty cheap compared to the price of some of the green things you need to buy or slowly farm just to be able to craft those stims and Adrenals.

If I have to run in circles for one hour to get enough red goo, I will charge that time as if I were running in circles doing daily quests, combined with the cost for the quick growth agents and some other commodities, that usually nets you the price of the stuff on your server.

MaxDeeps
02.04.2012 , 05:19 AM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by CivicTiger View Post
IF RAKATA (REUSABLE) IS BEING NERFED TO BE THE SAME STATS AS EXOTECH (REUSABLE) THEN WHATS THE POINT IN USING RAKATA?!?!?!

Bioware.. are you trolling? or do you seriously not even play your own game?
Yea it's worse than that actually. Nerfed to Energized level, that is, worse than Exotech. That's pretty dumb.

Why should my 'requires 400 of X profession to use' item be worse than a BoE anyone can use? I don't think you understand the MMO min-maxing mentality yet, Bioware. If it's worse, people won't use it. Worse is useless. Worse means, instead of everyone being Biochem (which I agree is a bad thing) and a few people being Armotech or Sythweaving it will be a few people with Biochem (to pick up patterns in ops) and most everyone with Armortech or Sythweaving.

Make the Biochem epic craftables as good as the best stuff anyone else can get (Exotech) but reusable as it's advantage. That's what a player should be able to get by going through the trouble of leveling up professions to gear themselves out. Making the stuff a player gets from leveling their profession to max and crafting the epic stuff worse than the BoE stuff everyone else gets just makes no sense.
Crassus Arkana
50 Powertech - Daragon Trail

Dxkrooked
02.04.2012 , 08:15 AM | #510
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Hi,

It is our intention to gradually, over multiple patches, reduce the impact of situational consumables on endgame combat resolution and shift the factors which determine the outcome of combat more towards personal skill. As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.

One way to fix this is the way RIFT recently changed their PvP, and do bolstering for people under a certain Valor rank so they aren't getting 1 shot by battlemasters.