Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Golarz
02.02.2012 , 05:39 AM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post

First off, we removed the requirement to have the BioChem profession to use Energized and Exotech stims and adrenals. This was done to (a) remove pressure of players to pick up BioChem for optimal combat performance and (b) to open up the sale of BioChem products to a larger audience on the Galactic Trade Network.
YES !!!
Now we have THE BEST profesion in the game and the product that will be in demand, and it's consumed at use !
I see river of credits from all those poor sucker without biochem
Good job BioWare

AbsoluteDeicide
02.02.2012 , 05:50 AM | #202
As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.
That's great to hear. I love the single player portion of this game, but post-50 PvP is such an unbearable grindfest it feels so disconnected and out of place. The more persistence you guys can manage between solo, PvE, and PvP I think the better it will be for everyone in the long run.

Please stick to your guns on this one, do what you feel is right, and not cave into a vocal elitist minority. I've seen enough good games crash and burn because of similar situations.

izayoinotsuki
02.02.2012 , 05:54 AM | #203
It took a whole 2 weeks for me to get completely geared in Battlemaster/Champion gear. I mean, there's something wrong with the game then, if you can get most of the best stuff in 2 weeks. And I would like to add that I'm not particularly lucky, in fact I have like 10 duplicates.

But I guess 2 weeks is too long for new 50's to cope, so a nerf is in order...

(Instead of just making the Centurion gear easier to obtain, or adding a blue set in between)

Oh well... *shrug*
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

tekhiun
02.02.2012 , 05:57 AM | #204
I do hope the solution for pvp gear is to make it harder to farm valor . You can get bm within 5 days of farming on ilum. Another solution would be to make the centurion stuff credit purchasable. But if you just nerf BM gear then I think Bioware is not taking this game seriously, at least the pvp part of it.

Neglience
02.02.2012 , 06:07 AM | #205
just remove biochemie. since everyone now will get the best out of it,there is absoluty no need for this profession anymore. there is no difference if all got the same buffs or noone gets any buffs. in this way we all need to click 2 less things in fights. thats an improvement.

Munx
02.02.2012 , 06:21 AM | #206
Making Exotech / Energized non biochem needed, fine, great infact.

But nerfing rakata down to the lvl of them dosnt make any sense.

Then you might aswell remove rakata, it serves absolutely no purpose, rakata should stay better, it does make sense that people who keep theyr biochem has a SLIGHT edge, though much smaller now that exotech/energized is usable by anyone.

Honestly this witchhunt of biochem needs to end.
Dark Knight of the forums.

FrostyDroid
02.02.2012 , 06:24 AM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by Truga View Post
I'd be all for reusables that are a bit less effective than one-shots. Just having any kind of reusables is great already. Yes, I'm biochem on my main.

Currently my only worry is that there is not enough credit sinks in this game. If this isn't fixed soon enough, credits will become worthless.
Critical Oranges will be a huge credit sink.

Why is keeping Biochem as is, and giving the other crafting skills a comparable unique buff a very bad idea? The same reason that racials are a bad idea. It's impossible to achieve exactly equal value bonuses. At best you can have bonuses that are better for certain classes/roles/playstyles. At worst, you get flat out better, the same as the situation we have now.

So what you do is make sure each profession gets it's unique thing - but it can be acquired by anyone for an exchange of credits. That way, you can ensure that no-one gets a combat advantage that is unavailable to someone else. This is what is being aimed for. You can get the best Biochem stuff by making it OR buying it. Everyone will want critical orange weapons and armour, which you can make OR buy, creating a commercial demand for Armstech/Amormech/Sythweaving/Artifice. The only thing GZ hasn't addressed is Cybertech, but I'm sure that isn't forgotten either.
It's incredible because it is not true.
As for expectations, we've always said that are not making another Star Wars sandbox, we are creating a different game.
I quote Zoeller now. Zoeller quotes are cool.

Burnsick
02.02.2012 , 06:29 AM | #208

It is our intention to gradually, over multiple patches, reduce the impact of situational consumables on endgame combat resolution and shift the factors which determine the outcome of combat more towards personal skill. As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.
A fresh 50 should never be able to have a chance vs someone in full battlemasters.

It's just insulting.
Svenskorn | Madness | Harbinger

Gaambit
02.02.2012 , 06:35 AM | #209
My server's ecomony is awful. There is nothing you can do to fix it unless you merge the servers or allow for server transfers.

When is that going to happen?

XenobiusLT
02.02.2012 , 06:36 AM | #210
Quote:
YES !!!
Now we have THE BEST profesion in the game and the product that will be in demand, and it's consumed at use !
I see river of credits from all those poor sucker without biochem
Good job BioWare
Pretty much this.
Not only chemists will have the benefit of never having to spend a penny on consumables once they get Rakata items, now they can also pretty much rip off everyone else who doesn't have biochem. Way to go if you wanted any semblance of "balance".

I am sorry for being blunt, but your devs or whoever is responsible for "balancing" the crafting in SWTOR is thinking in a wrong direction (if at all).
Seriously, you cannot make a game better by making the only viable crafting skill LESS attractive. You have to make all the others MORE attractive to players, not the other way around. Doing what you are doing now is going to produce more frustration than relief.

Also, if you want to
Quote:
reduce the impact of situational consumables on endgame combat resolution
and
Quote:
reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear.
You might as well remove consumables and PvP-specifig gear from the game altogether.
No one in the right mind will spend in-game credits or grind valor/warzone commendations is consumables/PvP gear don't provide a significant edge. Obtaining a power difference is a goal many seek. Remove it, and you will have an army of disappointed players.