Is there an official Legacy page

Auke

As many people have stated this is no fun for anybody (well maybe somebody). I had asked a totally unhelpful CSR rep for some assistance as soon as I got my name to help me out. The CSR told me to go to this website and told me that there is information on the Legacy and pretty much I was on my own.They never linked anything and I pretty much got stuck looking on my own.

My question is has anyone seen this page and can they link it?

I have been 50 for about 3 weeks but now I'm meeting more people with this problem.

In every mmo I've played I had the same first and last name and I hadn't heard about this surname thing so i did Auke-Rythos so my name would be Auke-rythos Rythos. I had to choose Rythos despite the name of my main because I would use it as a surname for my other charecters.

I am not understanding the question.

Are you asking can you change Legacy name?

The answer is no. EVEN if you delete all your characters. It is permanent on THE server you created in.

Can you change how your legacy name is display?

Yes. Just go into preference and you can change how it is display. As surname (lastname) or as "title" Rylos Legacy, or not showing at all.

Will it show up for all my character regardless of faction.

Yes. So if you made an Empire character and unlock Legacy and choose a name and later made a republic character, that republic character will be part of the legacy.

What else does it do?

Other than gaining level? nothing at this time.

As many people have stated this is no fun for anybody (well maybe somebody). I had asked a totally unhelpful CSR rep for some assistance as soon as I got my name to help me out. The CSR told me to go to this website and told me that there is information on the Legacy and pretty much I was on my own.They never linked anything and I pretty much got stuck looking on my own.

I have been 50 for about 3 weeks but now I'm meeting more people with this problem.

In every mmo I've played I had the same first and last name and I hadn't heard about this surname thing so i did Auke-Rythos so my name would be Auke-rythos Rythos. I had to choose Rythos despite the name of my main because I would use it as a surname for my other charecters.

I don't quite understand what you're asking here either - are you looking to have your Legacy name changed, or want to be able to look up taken Legacy names per server so you know what is or isn't available for use once you can take on a Legacy name?

What Sasheria wrote is spot on for the questions and answers posed, if those help in answering what you need assistance with (though from what I understood, there is the rare occasion where if you submit a ticket asking to have your Legacy name changed due to special circumstances, they'd grant this).

Edited by Aerithel

Other then show us that we are gaining legacy experience and we get to choose a last name for all chars on your server, nothing else is in game yet, as in they have not decided what perks we get from legacy exp.

Having said that I don't think you are going to find much more info then what I just gave you because the only people who know for sure are Bioware dev's and as usual they aren't really participating in the SWTOR community so we are not getting anything from them on this subject or any others at the moment, at least in the forums.

Edited by Rahl_Windsong

If you go to preferences>Social there is a check box where you can choose to not show your legacy name on that character.. so you could still be Auke-rythos on your main and Firstname Rythos on your other characters.

For example I have a Twilek sith, and I didn't want her to have my human Jedi's last name, so I just clicked do not display legacy name.. and all better.

Hope that helped.