Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official: Over 1.7 million active subs, 2 + mil sold

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official: Over 1.7 million active subs, 2 + mil sold

Dezzi
02.01.2012 , 05:10 PM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by Monkeycoffer View Post
its fun reading this topic. someone already posted this but seems like its being ignored.

1.7 million active subscribers playing the online multiplayer title, which Brown said represents a mix of users who already have signed up for a paid subscription and users who have given their credit cards over, but have not yet had their paid plans kick in.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ea-...story_featstor
That was me, posting from another thread. Thank you!

Bringing reason to discussions since 2008.
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

Umbral
02.01.2012 , 05:10 PM | #502
Quote: Originally Posted by Blotter View Post
Which was released TODAY. What's so hard for you to understand about that? Just bugs you to no end that SWTOR is kicking butt? Do you have a sad that it's not failing? Here:

you can haz tissue.
Wow, you really can't see it? I'm amazed actually. lolololol

I really don't care either way. If I was wrong I would be perfectly fine with it. I have no "hatred"of SWTOR. I have no dark desires to see it's demise. It's just really sad when people go off the rails from not exercising proper reading comprehension.

Nemmar
02.01.2012 , 05:10 PM | #503
Haters you wanted to dance, and now you got stepped all over the face.

jdnyc
02.01.2012 , 05:10 PM | #504
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
You can be sued if you LIE to them, not if you present numbers in favorable light.
here http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-fraud.htm
specifically the second line -
In a broad strokes definition, fraud is a deliberate misrepresentation which causes another person to suffer damages, usually monetary losses. Most people consider the act of lying to be fraudulent, but in a legal sense lying is only one small element of actual fraud. A salesman may lie about his name, eye color, place of birth and family, but as long as he remains truthful about the product he sells, he will not be found guilty of fraud. There must be a deliberate misrepresentation of the product's condition and actual monetary damages must occur.

Angedechu
02.01.2012 , 05:10 PM | #505
Tor was launched on the 20th december.

The 30 days free month thus ended....10 days ago.

Unless EA have way, way, way better accountants than anyone else, I strongly doubt that this report, for logical reasons, was made only 10 days ago.

Ariakkan
02.01.2012 , 05:11 PM | #506
Saying that listed companies arrange their numbers as they see fit Is wrong in so many ways...

Drewser
02.01.2012 , 05:11 PM | #507
Quote: Originally Posted by Umbral View Post
The quotes are from a document that was written awhile ago, and pertaining to the quarter ending Dec 31, 2011.
You are really dense.

The quotes are from the CALL today, not just the the quarterly report.

It is clear you have never invested or participated in any of these calls before.

PjPablo
02.01.2012 , 05:11 PM | #508
its fun reading this topic. someone already posted this but seems like its being ignored.

1.7 million active subscribers playing the online multiplayer title, which Brown said represents a mix of users who already have signed up for a paid subscription and users who have given their credit cards over, but have not yet had their paid plans kick in.

What that means to me is retention is probably closer to 70% from launch vs. the 85% it appears to be. Regardless even if 70% that's pretty darn high.

Angedechu
02.01.2012 , 05:12 PM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by jdnyc View Post
here http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-fraud.htm
specifically the second line -
In a broad strokes definition, fraud is a deliberate misrepresentation which causes another person to suffer damages, usually monetary losses. Most people consider the act of lying to be fraudulent, but in a legal sense lying is only one small element of actual fraud. A salesman may lie about his name, eye color, place of birth and family, but as long as he remains truthful about the product he sells, he will not be found guilty of fraud. There must be a deliberate misrepresentation of the product's condition and actual monetary damages must occur.
What is harmful is stating that TOR sold 2 millions copies and got 1.7 million accounts activated ?

Cycrow
02.01.2012 , 05:12 PM | #510

I bought after the first 30 days. So i'm in the category who's paid plans has not kick in. But there's way more paid subscribers than people who bought the game later like myself.