Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official: Over 1.7 million active subs, 2 + mil sold

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official: Over 1.7 million active subs, 2 + mil sold

Xzenorath
02.01.2012 , 03:28 PM | #31
Very surprising numbers. Hopefully the rest of the bored angry nerds will leave soon and they'll consolidate servers into more populated communities. Can't wait

They got my 2x 6 months subs and I can't wait to see all the content, features and fixes.

TheRealBrave
02.01.2012 , 03:28 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Nytak View Post
When you consider that a majority of WoWs active subs are asian gold farmers, I can't help but wonder if TOR has officially de-throned WoW in terms of active US/European subscribers.

Today is a good day, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
Are you insane?

demonolithic
02.01.2012 , 03:28 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Improv- View Post
You just hate this game so much that you want to spin anything into something negative.

Oh well you are the one with such a boring life that you have nothing better to do than troll a game you don't like.
I laugh at your attempt to put words in my mouth. You don't know my stance at all. I have an active 6 month sub to show my support for the game. Sorry I'm not one to just sit and accept everything that is said by a company in the business of making money at any cost. Maybe you should be the one with a tin foil hat and your ideas of how we are all out to get the game.
.. let me start by saying nothing...
Cochise
The Shadowlands

Mekrath
02.01.2012 , 03:29 PM | #34
You just hate this game so much that you want to spin anything into something negative.

Oh well you are the one with such a boring life that you have nothing better to do than troll a game you don't like.
I don't think very many people, even those who hate the game, want it to fail. We all paid for it (hell I paid for the game and a 6 month subscription) and would like to see Bioware do well enough with it to have the money to improve the game.

Edit: That said, I find it very hard to believe these numbers unless they were taken before the free month ended. 90-100% retention just doesn't happen, no matter how good an MMO is.

Improv-
02.01.2012 , 03:29 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by TotalKitty View Post
Improv-, good sir, do you know how branding works?

Seeing as these numbers are highly because of branding (it being Star Wars and it being created by BioWare).
Once the effect of said branding wears off, the numbers will drop.

I fully understand why you're proud of the said numbers, seeing as they are quite high, but a huge chunk of those numbers are simply nothing else, but a victim of branding.
If it was merely branding a lot more would have dropped off after the free month.

My gf and I don't even like Star Wars much. Neither of us have seen the movies but we like the game and have each gone for 3 month subscriptions.

So no it's not just branding.

Poisonsenvy
02.01.2012 , 03:30 PM | #36
peak time the game has Full, Very Heavy, and Heavy servers don't lie.

Not everyone logs in at the same time genious.

Again another conspiracy nut who thinks EA just lied to all its investors. High fives. Here is your tin foil hat.
lol you honestly believe a multi million dollar company won't falsify financial reports to investors in order for them to invest more money. Are you serious?

racsofp
02.01.2012 , 03:30 PM | #37
This is why society and forums in particular are so fascinating.

There are two numbers given and people still can't agree on what they mean, how to read them, or if they are good or bad.

Two numbers.
* Illegitimate casual gamer scum
* Those who can, do...those who can't, call everyone else baddies and demand crutches
Quote: Originally Posted by Brasherr View Post
I can't figure out rotations, or spells to use/not use because there is no target dummy, and there is no Recount.

spicycookie
02.01.2012 , 03:30 PM | #38
LOL seriously finding anything to rebut facts.

That's pretty good retention rate. You expect everyone to resub?

Quote: Originally Posted by Dunzo View Post
So over 2 million sold and 300k+ people already didn't sub in Jan? That says a lot. It's easy for a big popular IP like Star Wars produced by Bioware to sell big at first, it's what that figure is 6 months-1 year from now that determines the success of the game.
Spicycookie Level 50 BH Mercenary
Cookiemuffin Level 20 Sith Sorcerer
CajunCookie Level 15 Sith Juggernaught
FluffyCookie Level 25 IA Sniper

Sarfux
02.01.2012 , 03:31 PM | #39
why are there people facepalming and all that?

I'll tell you why..they expected the game to fail and were the same doomsdayers that said this game will have no more than 200,000 subs after 30 days are up...

and now that stuff like that didnt happen and the game is growing and growing...THEY CAN'T TAKE THEY WERE WRONG!
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

SWTOR: Out On the Horizon

Honest Assessment of the Game

So Long, Forums

Dirtyswabby
02.01.2012 , 03:31 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Poisonsenvy View Post
Yeah i know the company says the game is thriving and people are increasing. Now in game the players notice mass exodus guilds are empty no server is heavy most are in the yellow or green. You have a flist of over 50 people who don't log in anymore. Shouts to form high level Fp go from 15-20 min to form to over an hour if at all...but the game is thriving. Most 3 prty forums and even this forum is filled pissed off customers but the game has people subbing by the massed lmao gfto. Post a report and people will believe anything.
I have no idea what server you are on but krath is always active, I haven't any problems finding groups. In fact I was in typhon the other day, and there were 70+ people on the planet. It sounds to me maybe some imps are rerolling, or people playing alts after 50.

Calm down brosef, every single mmo forum on earth looks just like the swtor forums, complainers, whiners. People who feel their sub matters.