Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official: Over 1.7 million active subs, 2 + mil sold

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official: Over 1.7 million active subs, 2 + mil sold

Improv-
02.01.2012 , 03:23 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by demonolithic View Post
Repost it here too since we always have atleast 5 - 6 of the same thrread...

Only thing that makes me call BS besides it being from EA to begin with and they'll coat it with sugar any way they can is the fact that it was supposed to be 2mil on box sales alone. This makes it sound like it was a BS figure before as this looks as though it's a grand total physical and digital sales.
Yup it's one massive conspiracy EA just laid out to its stock holders. /faceplam

Really dude? Really?

Some people hate something so much that they just want it to fail and will find any reason to spin a good headline into something negative. It's pathetic really.

Poisonsenvy
02.01.2012 , 03:24 PM | #22
Yeah i know the company says the game is thriving and people are increasing. Now in game the players notice mass exodus guilds are empty no server is heavy most are in the yellow or green. You have a flist of over 50 people who don't log in anymore. Shouts to form high level Fp go from 15-20 min to form to over an hour if at all...but the game is thriving. Most 3 prty forums and even this forum is filled pissed off customers but the game has people subbing by the masses lmao gfto. Post a report and people will believe anything.

demonolithic
02.01.2012 , 03:25 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Improv- View Post
Yup it's one massive conspiracy EA just laid out to its stock holders. /faceplam

Really dude? Really?
Yes really. You actually think that doesn't happen all the time or are you so naive to believe everything you are told.
.. let me start by saying nothing...
Cochise
The Shadowlands

knightblaster
02.01.2012 , 03:25 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Mekrath View Post
If it is accurate, then that's actually a great retention rate. Especially when you consider that there are a large number of boxes sold who just haven't entered a key yet for whatever reason. This would mean retention of probably 95-100% if they actually have 1.7 million subscriptions as of today.
I doubt that the 1.7 is people in the first paying month -- it's likely a mix of people in the first paying month and people who bought the game later and are in their free month but have not canceled and so their subs are "active".

Improv-
02.01.2012 , 03:25 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Poisonsenvy View Post
Yeah i know the company says the game is thriving and people are increasing. Now in game the players notice mass exodus guilds are empty no server is heavy most are in the yellow or green. You have a flist of over 50 people who don't log in anymore. Shouts to form high level Fp go from 15-20 min to form to over an hour if at all...but the game is thriving. Most 3 prty forums and even this forum is filled pissed off customers but the game has people subbing by the massed lmao gfto. Post a report and people will believe anything.
peak time the game has Full, Very Heavy, and Heavy servers don't lie.

Not everyone logs in at the same time genious.

Again another conspiracy nut who thinks EA just lied to all its investors. High fives. Here is your tin foil hat.

Seronic_
02.01.2012 , 03:25 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Harabek View Post
Learn how to read those.

Doesn't say anything about the number of subs they have now. And they will try to cover the real ones as long as possible... The stockholders don't really care about fan-boys and how they like the game :P
You should learn how to read it yourself. It says active subscriptions as of the date the information was gathered, meaning here and in the now, not what they use to have. Stockholders don't really care about the trolls and haters that despise the game and declare it the "Tortanic" despite all of the factual evidence presented proving otherwise.
US East - RP - Lord Adraas
Republic
Arshurek - 50 Vanguard
Andyn - 36 Jedi Shadow

SingleCoilPickup
02.01.2012 , 03:27 PM | #27
Recall also that if EA says 2 million sold, it usually means 2 million shipped to retailers (as that means EA has sold the units), not 2 million in the hands of players (meaning Gamestop, Best Buy, Amazon, Steam, etc.) have sold their units. That probably gets skewed a bit by direct digital downloads from Steam the leak. But in any case out of ~2 million units sold by EA to retailers, they have ~1.7 million active subs. That's pretty solid.

Nytak
02.01.2012 , 03:27 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Improv- View Post
That is ACTIVE subscription. Post free month. Read the actual thing.

Over 2 million sold and 1.7 million have subbed passed their free month...
When you consider that a majority of WoWs active subs are asian gold farmers, I can't help but wonder if TOR has officially de-throned WoW in terms of active US/European subscribers.

Today is a good day, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
Decemberite
You work hard so we don't have to

Treedodger
02.01.2012 , 03:28 PM | #29
Retaining 5 of 6 is outstanding. Well done Old Republic team of EA. Keep up the bug fixes. I'm having fun.

TotalKitty
02.01.2012 , 03:28 PM | #30
Improv-, good sir, do you know how branding works?

Seeing as these numbers are highly because of branding (it being Star Wars and it being created by BioWare).
Once the effect of said branding wears off, the numbers will drop.

I fully understand why you're proud of the said numbers, seeing as they are quite high, but a huge chunk of those numbers are simply nothing else, but a victim of branding.