Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing The Old Republic Guild Summit

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing The Old Republic Guild Summit
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

skuggz
02.02.2012 , 04:46 PM | #471
Quote: Originally Posted by Benfynyn View Post
Where did you hear that? I haven't seen them say they invited guild leaders based on their locations.
Sorry if that was misleading, It's 100% conjecture, based on them not saying anything...

Just floating a possible reason for them not to say (ie. they were lazy / cheap)

Ransom_BiC
02.02.2012 , 04:46 PM | #472
My guess is they want to give it more than 24 hours before deciding who gets to come.
NAT
Guildmaster
Born in Chaos
Come find your gaming family with Born in Chaos

DTuloJr
02.02.2012 , 04:48 PM | #473
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
In 2010, Bioware's very own Rich Vogel was part of a panel at GDC, discussing running MMO's. In which they stated:

".....it's imperative that developers stop guessing what players might be wanting and start gathering solid feedback as to what they're demanding."

I'm just not convinced that focusing on a select few guild leaders is the best way to obtain such "solid feedback". Because those individuals do not accurately represent the entire community.
Great example of someone at BWA saying one thing, yet the exact opposite happening. BWA pushed SWTOR out the door as *they* wanted it (because according to Ohlen, the devs know best), and ignored over a year of feedback and demands from those exact players that Mr. Vogel said that BWA needed to listen to. And now they tell us that they're going to listen to us.

I'm skeptical.
Join The Dark Side™. We have coffee, doughnuts, and cookies.

skuggz
02.02.2012 , 04:49 PM | #474
Quote: Originally Posted by Benfynyn View Post
My bad, I misread that. You're saying that it's most likely the reason they haven't told us.

Well, there's no reason to keep it a secret. They had to use some sort of criteria. They should just come out and say it. Really they should have said that in the initial announcement but they rarely do things right the first time.
Totally agree... If it's someone I know, from my server, I'd love to know... and hopefully convey some ideas / issues to them as middle men.

If it's not, then I'd still kinda like to know.

skuggz
02.02.2012 , 04:50 PM | #475
Quote: Originally Posted by Ransom_BiC View Post
My guess is they want to give it more than 24 hours before deciding who gets to come.
Very good point...

Benfynyn
02.02.2012 , 05:02 PM | #476
Quote: Originally Posted by Ransom_BiC View Post
They already decided who was invited. All that's left is who they are picking from those that applied.

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120201

Quote:
We've already invited guilds of various backgrounds and sizes to the Summit, from Endgame to Role-playing to PvP guilds, but we've got some space left for additional guild leaders who wish to attend.

What I've been asking, to no avail, is HOW were the guilds, whom they've already invited, selected?

They should have been preparing for that question the moment they decided to select anyone at all.
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

Darth_Wrylok
02.02.2012 , 05:30 PM | #477
I'm curious as to if there will be a news article about what happened at the summit, or if they will do a vlog on it, or update the site about some of it , or do a thread about all the questions that are asked and post answers with the questions? And if not, would it be wrong for me to ask for some of the leaders to do this in there stead?? I know that this is just geared towards guild leaders, but thats due to space, and not like that it's being kept from the community right?

StephenReid
02.02.2012 , 06:03 PM | #478
As some of you have been asking about our criteria for the selection of guilds who we've already invited to the Guild Summit, here's some insight.

Guilds were selected with the ultimate aim of ensuring we had a broad representative mixture of guild sizes, playstyles and geographical locations at the summit (with the assumption that no-one might turn up of their own accord). We have guilds from all types of playstyles, large guilds (2,000+ members), small guilds (20 members) and guilds from across North America and Europe. (Note: many guilds are multi-national; our invites were for guild leaders, who were mostly located in NA/EU.) Guilds were also selected because of their constructive and critical feedback during testing of The Old Republic, both pre-launch and post-launch.

Beyond that, we won't be commenting further on our selection criteria. We've invited a large number of guild leaders, but naturally we could not invite everyone - hence our decision to allow interested guild leaders to attend if they chose to. Further dissection of the selection criteria will only lead to speculation and argument. I can assure you that no guild leader is being invited to Austin because they are 'friends with a developer' or anything similar.

It should also be noted that none of the criteria detailed above are exact guidelines on the selection of guild leaders who apply to attend the summit, beyond the general idea that we still want to have a mix of playstyles, guild sizes and locations. (Please note, we did not ask for a guild membership number as part of the application process.)

The initial aim of this thread was to announce the Guild Summit and to answer any questions regarding it. While I can appreciate people's varying opinions on the summit, turning this thread into a continuous argument about the summit's existence or our potential motives is not productive.

Everyone's views have now been clearly stated and noted. We'll be happy to answer further questions about the summit itself, but back and forth arguments have no place here.

Hobaninho
02.02.2012 , 06:18 PM | #479
I dont like this, it creates a heirarchy within the game that should not be there. I believe that eventually guild leaders will think they are better then everyone since they speak with the BioWare employees. If swtor really wants to connect with the players then they will select random players to travel to some place to discuss the game and have Q&A's. I believe this is the only way to keep the order in the game(long-time) and get good positive feed back from the players.

BroserH
02.02.2012 , 06:32 PM | #480
Could somoneone of the leaders tell that the bounty hunters are too strong and that the vanguard are too weak?This is relly imporatnt for me...