Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing The Old Republic Guild Summit

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing The Old Republic Guild Summit
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Drengir
02.01.2012 , 11:03 AM | #21
What a joke!

Spend your money fixing your broken game instead!
You already know what needs fixing..

Dragonexadon
02.01.2012 , 11:03 AM | #22
I think this is a great idea!
FORCE EFFECT
|US-East || PVP Server || Casual Guild || End Game Operations & PVP
http://www.force-effect.net/

bchorn
02.01.2012 , 11:09 AM | #23
I think itís imperative that Bioware add a virtual portion to the conference so that guild leaders do not have to travel to Austin for the event. They are going to get a lot more participation if people donít have to fork over 1000ís of dollars in travel fees just to participate in a user feedback session.

They donít have to open it up to everyone on the internet. They can still limit the virtual participation to pre-selected guild leaders. Just allow the guild leaders to participate virtually via streaming and webcams.

Fiachsidhe
02.01.2012 , 11:11 AM | #24
Big giant waste of money, resources (which is also money and time), time, and money.

Seriously, what does Bioware hope to accomplish? Are they really on the fence about what players want? Do they really expect people to shell out airfare or what have you to basically brainstorm ideas with the devs, and NOT get paid for it, like an employee would?
So now you expect your customers to pay travel fees, and lodging prices, to repeat what they've already told you, and what is wallpapered all over these forums.

It's bad enough we need to "suggest" the basic amenities of mmorpg gaming for free on these boards.

Now they want a mini-convention with select guild leaders? Can you possibly alienate your players more?

Is this really the best use of developer time? It almost seems like someone hasn't told them about one of the millions of online methods for communication, and this is the only way they can come up with, to interact with players.

You know what message this sends to the players Bioware? It tells us that everything we've said here on the boards, amounts to jock, and that even after you've been force fed feedback of all kinds, you still need some ridiculous stunt.

Volksworgen
02.01.2012 , 11:14 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
guild leaders from around the world will gather together to discuss the state of the game .

Read More
I suggest you guys don't do this because you are going to get flamed so bad for what state the game is in right now. I would say fix the game(hint hint guild features hint hint) features first and do some nonsense like this.

Kandorr
02.01.2012 , 11:16 AM | #26
Pay my own way?

That doesn't give me much incentive as an Australian to travel and participate in your guild summit.

Ghaiana
02.01.2012 , 11:21 AM | #27
The US is a bit far away. Are they thinking of planning an European summit as well? Amsterdam would be ok You Americans will love it :P

StrikeOfLight
02.01.2012 , 11:22 AM | #28
What a stupid idea.

"Hey, lets make the vast majority of SWTOR players feel even MORE isolated from the developers by having GUILD LEADERS come talk to us!"

You guys are a bunch of clowns.
Fun-o-meter: {████████████████████████████████}

Fiachsidhe
02.01.2012 , 11:28 AM | #29
Anyone else imagine Grima Wormtongue, whispering false council into the collective ears of Bioware at this point?

Seriously, it's like they have some kind of monthly "bad idea quota" that needs to be filled.

Jett-Rinn
02.01.2012 , 11:28 AM | #30
I really hope this isn't like the SOE guild leader summit....the game ended up being dictated by a few Raid Or Die elitist guilds and the PVE Non-raiders were shut out.
Remember kids say anything remotely positive about SWTOR and you're automatically labeled a Bioware employee.