Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing The Old Republic Guild Summit

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing The Old Republic Guild Summit
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LordAlastor
02.01.2012 , 10:29 AM | #11
I like this idea, but the issue I see is the full cost of traveling being given to the attendee. I would think with this being a limited person event, that's being organized by EA/Bioware, some compensation could be made. I in no way believe or assume that EA/Bioware would, or should, completely cover the cost of so many people traveling, but surely some vouchers could be provided, arrangements of discount deals due to the event. Even CCP covers (or at least at one point covered) most of the charges for their Council of Stellar Management member's travel expenses, so certainly EA/Bioware should have the capability of providing some assistance to Officers or Leaders attending to lessen the financial strain of traveling in such economic times, especially considering the symbolic importance of bringing members of the player community into the process of development like this.
Evil is but a certain point of view.

Ransom_BiC
02.01.2012 , 10:30 AM | #12
I went to a bunch of Dev MeetUps back when UO was owned by Origin here in Austin, and I can honestly say the devs were always more than willing to chat about just about anything. Not only that, but having an insight as to why certain things were made/implemented was always pretty cool.

I think this could be a huge opportunity. I'm hoping our guild gets selected, as we are located here in Austin-- and I won't have to travel.
NAT
Guildmaster
Born in Chaos
Come find your gaming family with Born in Chaos

Edgecase
02.01.2012 , 10:30 AM | #13
So what you're saying is, you're going to START asking people what they want in their guild and endgame functionality in March (i.e. spec-gathering)? THEN you'll start building it?

Myst
02.01.2012 , 10:33 AM | #14
An interesting idea I must say. Do we know if this event will be streamed or not? It would be nice for the rest of us who don't live in Texas to know what's going on too.

Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out anyway.

Randytravis
02.01.2012 , 10:37 AM | #15
I'm not being funny but seriously i am really impressed with the feedback that BW are willing to listen. I've been playing since early release and the one thing ive noticed compared to playing other MMO's is the feedback and 'general' honesty from BW. I hope there is some constructive feedback.

arteri
02.01.2012 , 10:54 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Randytravis View Post
I've been playing since early release
It still is early release. >.>
Squadron 11-11-11 and OPOD *never forget*

EdAraujo
02.01.2012 , 10:54 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Randytravis View Post
I'm not being funny but seriously i am really impressed with the feedback that BW are willing to listen. I've been playing since early release and the one thing ive noticed compared to playing other MMO's is the feedback and 'general' honesty from BW. I hope there is some constructive feedback.
tr00.

Kaladorei
02.01.2012 , 10:55 AM | #18
so where the european summit ? do we have a say or once again are we left off the list?

GamewizX
02.01.2012 , 10:56 AM | #19
Very cool! Kinda like the Fan Site Summit last year I'm assuming. Congrats to all the guild leaders who get to fly out to Austin!
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

Ganelon
02.01.2012 , 10:58 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by LordAlastor View Post
I like this idea, but the issue I see is the full cost of traveling being given to the attendee. I would think with this being a limited person event, that's being organized by EA/Bioware, some compensation could be made.
I'd bet that for the representatives of the guilds that Bioware pre-selected themselves, at least a part of the travel costs is being covered.

Also, something like this should have been done 2/3 years ago. It's still nice that you're doing it now, and the feedback is certainly going to be more focused than what you get here, but you probably could have profited a lot from including community representatives a lot earlier.