Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing The Old Republic Guild Summit

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing The Old Republic Guild Summit
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Caspian_Rho
02.01.2012 , 01:18 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Cylide View Post
Play European MMOs, get European Events.
EvE Online has its fanfest in Iceland e.g.
Nowhere does it say on the box this is NOT an EU game. Infact if anything it was launched in the EU BEFORE the US so yeah they should have addressed this in the article.... with something like:
'we understand we have a huge European base, but at this time due to moving the team over etc etc and the extra time/travel disruption and better reinvesting manpower to the actual game we have decided to hold this in the US for the meantime.'
^^^ It doesn't take a genius to repsond with such a comment just to let the playerbase know they are aware by acknowledging them. But obviously your comment is just some sycophantic jibe..
Waiting for the definitive Star Wars sandbox mmo...

Zyonix
02.01.2012 , 01:18 PM | #102
I hope, Bioware will make a video about this summit and upload it on Youtube

Amp_
02.01.2012 , 01:20 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludicrouse View Post
Yeah, i saw that. There was also a Tweet by David Bass a while ago saying they had stuff in the pipework. Im very thankful, i just hope that it is not merely a Live Stream of watching everyone else get to ask questions/give opinions.

"Involved" is such a vague term.
I'm sure they could pull off some kind of conference call.

PjPablo
02.01.2012 , 01:23 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Fiachsidhe View Post
Nothing you said made any sense.

Why should you have to defend the company? Irrelevant, the point is, you are.
You haven't seen me describe why it's bad? Then you haven't been reading any of my posts.

All I see in you, is someone so desperate to defend a company that makes a product you enjoy, that you can ignore dozens of posts telling you why it's a pointless and insulting, while relying entirely on a fallacy argument, that the alternative to cherry picking a tiny sum of arbitrarily chosen people, is total apathy.

Oh you want me to offer alternatives? You mean like the dozen or so times I said READ THESE FORUMS? You know, the ones that are right now, full of suggestions?
Really, now. Go read my previous posts. I have been a pretty harsh critic of BW. Hell, the other day I was accused of being one of the worst bashing trolls here. If anyone is being objective here it's me. (Guess I can't win either way here)

Could they do a better job responding to posts on the forums? Yes. And I have posted as such many times. I see this for what it is. An attempt to engage the player base in conversation. Nothing more, nothing less. If you honestly think the best place to do that is via these forums you haven't been reading these forums much.

As far as selecting a small, select group...I completely agree with that. Hate to break it to you but not all players are created equal. If you are going to target a manageable number of people to engage, selecting guild leaders of prominent guilds is as good a method as any. I trust the leader of a large guild to be more capable of having a fruitful conversation than the average player.

You seem pretty bitter about this whole thing so I don't think there is much room for productive conversation. I'll just leave it at that.

EDIT: A post of mine from 1/28

Lack of communication is not however. From my POV this team is one of the most uncommunicative, least customer focused I have ever seen in an MMO. The game itself is fine. There are bugs but for the most part I enjoy it. What I struggle with is the effort put forth on support items like CS, like building community, like the way the forums are designed and managed, how maintenance is handled, etc. They seemed to have spent so much time and effort on the game itself they forgot about planning for how they were going to support it.

I am just giving credit where credit is due here.

Khemizt
02.01.2012 , 01:29 PM | #105
Because the forums are so hard for Bioware to look at, if you want me to save you all some money I'll just email the **** you need to fix, this would be a good idea if the game was in a playable state, but getting feedback from a game in Beta form, using this method is trash I'm getting sick of BW PR ********.

Fiachsidhe
02.01.2012 , 01:31 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by PjPablo View Post
As far as selecting a small, select group...I completely agree with that. Hate to break it to you but not all players are created equal.
Done! My 15 a month spends just as well as yours. All players are equal.

Quote:
You seem pretty bitter about this whole thing so I don't think there is much room for productive conversation. I'll just leave it at that.
No you'll egg me on, insult my ability to produce a productive conversation after providing none yourself, and then back out after the last word. Yeah I am bitter. You should be too.

Bottom line, I'm not interested in what they could have done. Only what they're choosing to do. and right now it stinks.

EDIT: Credit isn't due here.

Abaia
02.01.2012 , 01:33 PM | #107
"ZOMG! Publicity stunt!" - Who cares? Pretty cool event either way.

"ZOMG! Stop ignoring all the thoughtful, comprehensive feedback on the forums!" - a) 99% of the posters here are rage-fueled idiots. b) 99% of people who play an MMO don't use their game's forums. c) MMOs are kinda complex, and forums don't lend themselves well to the "discussion" of complex subjects. (They do work well for spewing one-sided, vitriolic, moronic screeds, though.)

"ZOMG! Why not me? I'm so special!" - No, you're not. Mr. Rogers lied. You're not born special. Specialness is not thrust upon you. You have to become special through your deeds.

Anyway, someone shoot me the schedule. I plan on attending just to hang out after hours. Maybe we can turn this into a full-blown event, a la Fanfaire.
8 characters, 7 classes, 3 servers . . . staying decisive!

Khemizt
02.01.2012 , 01:34 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Zyonix View Post
I hope, Bioware will make a video about this summit and upload it on Youtube
I hope BW see's how ridiculous this is and doesn't go through with it...

Fiachsidhe
02.01.2012 , 01:37 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Khemizt View Post
Because the forums are so hard for Bioware to look at, if you want me to save you all some money I'll just email the **** you need to fix, this would be a good idea if the game was in a playable state, but getting feedback from a game in Beta form, using this method is trash I'm getting sick of BW PR ********.
You don't understand, they're reaching out to us, er, them, er someone. If you're not a guild leader, you're just not organized and invested enough to provide feedback. You need to take time out of your vacation, and travel to a special place to get Bioware to listen.

Because Bioware has don't the bare minimum so far, even the slightest bit of interaction look good by comparison, so we should be thanking them.

I mean we have a PTR server, and forum, and suggestions board. But these ideas really are better served in a hotel.

Vdarkblade
02.01.2012 , 01:37 PM | #110
Our guild is a very diverse guild with players from all over the US as well as Canada. As the GM, I would love a chance to discuss how the game is going as well as what we as players can do to keep it moving in the right direction. Plus, I live close so it would be a once in a lifetime chance to let our voices be heard in public. I look forward to a reply with an invitation and can assure Bioware that I will have some very beneficial input for the Guild Summit.