Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode bosses need mechanics not unfairness

Loendar
02.01.2012 , 10:17 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyons View Post
Actually, the clock is part of the mob - so basically it is.
I will admit that some of these bosses are a pain - me and my group wiped 4 times on the Taral V end boss and around 4-5 times on the madman with implants inside Maelstrom Prison.

I had assumed I was doing something wrong because my last group I ran with was amazing - I examined my fellow players gear and
Only one of them (My tank friend) actually had 50 epics set in. It completely explained why it was so difficult.

You must be geared for these runs, or else you will die
It's used a lot (in my admitted limited experience) on HM mobs in this game. It seems to be their default creation tool where the last setting on the encounter is.. 'Hmm.. and you have..um... 5 minutes!'.

I have ZERO problem with their being a boss or two around that timed if it makes sense in the context of what is happening in the event. Walls are falling around you, it's a bomb you are defusing, etc.

Putting a timer on an encounter 'just because' brings nothing to the encounter and only serves as an artificial limit on people that CAN do the content without issue in 6 minutes but not 5.

Agenteusa
02.01.2012 , 10:20 AM | #22
Quote:
Oh and I cannot await all the trash replies I expect telling me how I suck and we are just bad players and all this crap
You couldīve been insightful and come here in a nice and proper manner asking if others were having the same issue and perhaps ask for some help or tactis on how to beat the boss youīre mentioning.

But why take the easy way out, right?

Instead you come here and act like an arrogant fool saying content is not doable. I do agree with you that by having HM and Nightmare modes what should change is mainly mechanics not lower the enrage timer and make bosses have more HP. But thatīs not the point.

besides the way you came out leaves me with no choice but to treat you just the same.

What answer you expect? Yes you probably are a noob and an arrogant one on top of that since I never had any problems with FP HM bosses whatsoever and I can even tell you I find FPīs boring , predictable and yes, somewhat easy. HK47 is easy as ****. Iīm sure at least some others will agree with me.

And yes, Malgus fight is a joke.

And btw:

Quote:
on a hardmode boss that is there to gear up for OPS if you need OPS gear to beat the enrage timer
Normal Ops are easier than HM FPīs imo.

Ashnazg
02.01.2012 , 10:27 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by mArchangel View Post
Most of the hardmode content is ok, but for christ's sake: The endboss fight is a total joke. On Rep side almost undoable. (Imp gets favoured by the devs as we all know and the advantage that peefs me in PvP - iE Animation times to apply damage etc - clearly makes it almost a cakewalk in comparison I would imagine) But that is besides the point. The point is this: Who the hell came up with the ill fated idea to have a 2 MINUTE (!!!!) enrage timer on a hardmode boss that is there to gear up for OPS if you need OPS gear to beat the enrage timer?

Look we are not noobs here. We are amongst some of the most experienced MMO players out there and trust me that we know what we are doing. If I cannot beat a boss after 100k repair bill (also who the hell conceived these repair prices btw????????? Belongs fired!)and like 15 wipes and trying everything I say one thing: This is either bugged or total nonsense design.

It's like: It's a hardmode, let's make him hit for 12k with 2 crystals in a row and whack a super-short enrage timer on. That'll do!

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What you need is better and more mechanics not the same **** just 100 levels tougher and with unfairness triumph enrage timers. BioWare this is not fun - this is plain stupid and game breaking for me. An enrage timer belongs to an OPS - NOT IN A HARDMODE!!!
This is just plain rubbish!!!!!

Oh and I cannot await all the trash replies I expect telling me how I suck and we are just bad players and all this crap. No we aren't . But the boss fight designers should steal more from Blizzard tbh. <------And I NEVER thought I would say that, but WoW boss encounters are cool, because hardmodes ADD mechanics not unfairness!!!!!!!!!!!

As it is-I will not progress because I cannot. So I will play another alt up until it is fixed I guess. Oh and just so you know the statements go for almost all hardmodes. We did the False Emperor last night. We actually managed - not sure how but we did. HK-47 was WAYYYYYYYYY too hard and we were just lucky. Then we come to Malgus and he was a lousy pushover. Must have been the easiest encounter I have played on hard. What is the problem with you guys in Austin. This is BETA stuff guys. This is not ready to be let loose on 08/15 players at all.

I went from excited to interested to frustrated to angry to...........thinking of my dollars spent! Not good BW-not good at all. If endgame continues like that I may just leave. <------another thing I never thought I'd say.

P.S.: So we are clear: average gear level of the group around 126!!!!!! O.o Outrageous!
Typical for new generation kiddies, blame the game not yourself for being bad, right?

Seisaan
02.01.2012 , 10:29 AM | #24
Enrage timers are basically gear checks in this game. Cant beat the enrage timer? Your dps needs better gear and damage output.

Idali
02.01.2012 , 10:39 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Loendar View Post
Enrage timers are a worthless and lazy way to design content in any game. Either I can kill the mob with my group, or I can't. Why should it matter how long it takes me to accomplish my goal? Dead is dead.

I'm from EQ2 and that mechanic, while it does exist on some of the higher end content, is used as an obvious timer mechanic and doesn't just wipe you but starts ramping up the difficulty while leaving you a chance if you start executing well.

Enrage timers shouldn't exist in any fashion - they aren't fun, they aren't challenging and they bring nothing to the event. Pure Dev Lazy.
Exactly that.
Plus they rob the player of those epic fights that last for a long time and you never know, do you beat him or not until the end.

For example, there is a jedi champion on aldereen that I could probably solo, but given that she enrages and kills me instantly i can't after all. Without that stupid enrage it would have been an epic battle. Right now its just crap.

Bluejayoo
02.01.2012 , 10:47 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Seisaan View Post
Enrage timers are basically gear checks in this game. Cant beat the enrage timer? Your dps needs better gear and damage output.
Enrage timers eliminate any strategy except tank and spank. They only server to reinforce the fact that this game is a 2005 release in 2011 clothing.
. - We will never forget.

Siltyn
02.01.2012 , 10:55 AM | #27
Without enrage timers, people would just setup groups based around a main tank, backup tank and a healing rotation and win by attrition...no matter how long the fight took....as long as you could outheal the damage the tank was taking. Nothing epic about that.

I prefer the fast and furious flurry of battle needed to burn a mob down before enrage...

Loendar
02.01.2012 , 10:57 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Seisaan View Post
But what actual purpose does it solve? Why does it matter to anyone how long it takes to accomplish the goal if you can accomplish it?

My point being - we have the DPS to down the mob, we have the gear to not die while doing it, we have the tactics to defeat that actual 'real' mechanics of the encounter. We just take 30 seconds longer to do it than you do and we get a solid wall of 'no pass' put up because of it.

That is poor design and arbitrary and we need to stop accepting it as a 'valid' solution to content.

Loendar
02.01.2012 , 10:58 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Siltyn View Post
Without enrage timers, people would just setup groups based around a main tank, backup tank and a healing rotation and win by attrition...no matter how long the fight took....as long as you could outheal the damage the tank was taking. Nothing epic about that.

I prefer the fast and furious flurry of battle needed to burn a mob down before enrage...
And the fact that they killed the mob in 6 minutes to your 5 minutes hurts you how?

Raetheon
02.01.2012 , 10:58 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ltankhsd View Post
The only HM boss that's routinely worked our butts has been the Sith Entity bonus boss in HM False Emperor. We're still building our gear up but geez when that final entity spawns he automatically enrages and kicks our butts.

This. Usually he enrages, tank and healer eat it and me and the other dps juggle him. Usually its less then 2% so it doesnt take us much to kill him.

The other issue we have had. HM Foundry, HK event bugs after we hit the panels.