Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode bosses need mechanics not unfairness

urgod
02.01.2012 , 06:52 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Loendar View Post
Hardly 'debunked' and I'm hardly alone in my opinion of the mechanic. I am just the only one still here beating my head against the wall in the vain attempt to leverage strats over DO MORE DPS.

I'm sorry that you can't see that.
sorry no one wants to sit and fight a boss for 45min's because you want to be a fail player, L2P

Loendar
02.01.2012 , 06:57 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by urgod View Post
sorry no one wants to sit and fight a boss for 45min's because you want to be a fail player, L2P
I'll L2P to your astonishing level when you L2Read a thread and comprehend the discussion.

urgod
02.01.2012 , 06:59 PM | #103
I'll L2P to your astonishing level when you L2Read a thread and comprehend the discussion.
i read the thread and all i seen from you is QQ L2P.

Harower
02.01.2012 , 07:00 PM | #104
Hardly 'debunked' and I'm hardly alone in my opinion of the mechanic. I am just the only one still here beating my head against the wall in the vain attempt to leverage strats over DO MORE DPS.

I'm sorry that you can't see that.
I will give you that you aren't alone in your opinion.

Also opinions do matter. Be them wrong or right.

So there is that at least : /
Best swtor picture EVER!!!
http://imgur.com/zgTKy
Mass effect 3 summed up in a single picture
http://i.imgur.com/xDaDH.jpg

Loendar
02.01.2012 , 07:01 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by urgod View Post
i read the thread and all i seen from you is QQ L2P.
Then you clearly aren't able to comprehend or you would have come across the multitude of times where I have stated that the issue hasn't impacted me one iota.

You may take your inability to digest information and proceed to another thread if you would like.

Harower
02.01.2012 , 07:03 PM | #106
Then you clearly aren't able to comprehend or you would have come across the multitude of times where I have stated that the issue hasn't impacted me one iota.

You may take your inability to digest information and proceed to another thread if you would like.
Don't do that man.... your information / facts / logic have been proven wrong over and over.

Perhaps just stick to opinions. Everyone is allowed those.
Best swtor picture EVER!!!
http://imgur.com/zgTKy
Mass effect 3 summed up in a single picture
http://i.imgur.com/xDaDH.jpg

Avia
02.01.2012 , 07:05 PM | #107
I've found you will hit enrage, regardless of your gear or dps, if you have bad control on the adds. If you group them properly and allow any sort of aoe, you should be fine.

Loendar
02.01.2012 , 07:06 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Harower View Post
I will give you that you aren't alone in your opinion.

Also opinions do matter. Be them wrong or right.

So there is that at least : /
I'm just going to take this response as a step towards some progress and leave it at that.

We can differ on who has the wrong opinion another day.

hillltrot
02.01.2012 , 07:24 PM | #109
You clearly are a constructive member of the forums and I salute your astute observation.

The mob is dead - in 6 minutes instead of 5. That is the DPS and ability to down the encounter. Arbitrary time limits to doing it are lazy and poor design.

It is NOT a DPS check - it is a time check. Something that has no business in a well designed MMO.
You're right WoW is a lousy and horribly designed MMO.

Especially that clear and obvious time check in Dead Mines . . . . .

You act like you know what you're talking about when you don't.

I have no doubt that you've logged more hours onto this game and other MMOs, but you don't have the intellect to properly analyze one.

Requiring the DPS to actually do well to complete the fight makes sense and improves the game play. You can't have some idiot you know (a drinking buddy or the guy you buy your pot from.) take the place of someone who can DPS and expect to defeat the encounter.

I truly doubt Bioware made the encounter unbeatable. Just unbeatable by you and the people you've chosen to raid with.

Loendar
02.01.2012 , 07:30 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by hillltrot View Post
You're right WoW is a lousy and horribly designed MMO.

Especially that clear and obvious time check in Dead Mines . . . . .

You act like you know what you're talking about when you don't.

I have no doubt that you've logged more hours onto this game and other MMOs, but you don't have the intellect to properly analyze one.

Requiring the DPS to actually do well to complete the fight makes sense and improves the game play. You can't have some idiot you know (a drinking buddy or the guy you buy your pot from.) take the place of someone who can DPS and expect to defeat the encounter.

I truly doubt Bioware made the encounter unbeatable. Just unbeatable by you and the people you've chosen to raid with.
There is SO much more to encounter design beyond what the DPS is doing - or, at least, there should be. When that is what you are happy with, that is what you get.

I'm well-versed in the systems I have been exposed to and I can detect a lazy implementation even if you can't.

Yes - DPS wins the fight. You win. Nobody can argue with your astonishing logic.

Why does every fight have to be distilled down to that equation to make it work?

Look through the tons of posts on this thread besides those from me with plenty of other people giving suggestions and pull your head out of what WoW has directed you to and ask for more for a change.

And - for the love of all things Holy - I'm going to stop responding to anyone that continues to claim that they have read what I've typed and then say that 'because it impacts me'. It doesn't - it never has - and that is irrelevent to the discussion. If you can't be bothered to read what has been said I can't be bothered to treat you like you have a valid opinion.