Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

George Lucas writing/directing an expansion.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
George Lucas writing/directing an expansion.

ptoss
02.02.2012 , 07:33 PM | #21
Does anybody else think Savage Opress sounds like a girl's name?

Torlan_Fallstar
02.04.2012 , 03:17 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by KennethHoover View Post
Good heavens I hope not. He's a terrible writer (and a mediocre director) and he proved that time and again with his ill-fated attempt to channel Joseph Campbell's seminal work on hero mythology.

We don't need him anywhere closer than he already is to this game. Seriously. Keep him away from it.
Wow, show some respect. If it wasn't for him this game wouldn't even exist. His IP, therefore he and Star Wars are connected.
A heart of darkness and soul of light can never truly co-exist.

CaesarSteiner
02.04.2012 , 05:22 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Torlan_Fallstar View Post
Wow, show some respect. If it wasn't for him this game wouldn't even exist. His IP, therefore he and Star Wars are connected.
Just because you think a person has done a poor job doesn't mean you disrespect them as a person. I respect Gene Roddenberry for creating Star Trek, but between the original series and TNG he became surrounded by people who thought he could do no wrong, and the studio gave him enormous latitude to do whatever he wanted. The first two seasons of TNG are way, way, way worse because of it.

This is pretty much the same thing as the prequel trilogies: Lucas did his best work when he was forced to work with others, had oversight to cull his worst ideas, and needed to work with a team. Between RotJ and TPM, though, he bought into his own press, and the studio let him do whatever he wanted. As a result, the quality of the prequel films is notably lower, as it usually is when a director is also the writer and gets free reign to do whatever he wants.
"Vengeance is mine," quoth Alvis! Then he shot that guy right in the friggin' face!

darthmorbous
02.04.2012 , 05:27 AM | #24
Let me rework your question.

Wouldnt it be cool, that the guys who produced the game trailers go help George Lucas make a real Star Wars film?
Trevise Jedi Shadow
Karkus Tritonos, Sith Marauder
Hanunaki ; assassin