Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Reverse Engineering

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Reverse Engineering

MarekLonefeather
04.29.2012 , 07:34 PM | #391
Quote: Originally Posted by Slaign View Post
Custom gear is still mostly learned through Underworld Trading schematics, and I believe they increased both the number of schematics available and the frequency of attainment.
The only orange schematics they added were two schematics for each type of weapon. No new armor schematics have shown up even though they were very clear that there would be orange schematics to match the graphics of every green armor and weapon in the game. They lied.

StratosM
04.30.2012 , 02:00 PM | #392
They added orange armor schematics, all below level 50 I think. But level is not a problem with orange gear.

Apone-X
05.01.2012 , 05:54 AM | #393
Quick question and I have looked but cannot find a definitive answer.

I made a base item earpiece (green)
This went to a tier 1 (blue)
This went to a tier 2 (purple)

When it was blue and now purple, they are showing as having a 10% chance to RE. Is it worth doing the purple?

SaussageNinja
05.01.2012 , 08:41 AM | #394
not sure if anyone else has confirmed this already, but i can confirm linar path items do create x2 when you crit craft.
I have so far made about 5-6 crit advanced might hilt 22's (only had mats for 1 each time and got 2 instead) 4 yellow power +41 crystals(same as hilts re mats) and 5-6 advanced enhancements. More than likely that i have created loads of the blue and green ones also but i was mass crafting those to get the blue/purple versions.

each time i have used the same companioin (lord sourge)

Frog_brains
05.01.2012 , 11:13 AM | #395
Quote: Originally Posted by Apone-X View Post
Quick question and I have looked but cannot find a definitive answer.

I made a base item earpiece (green)
This went to a tier 1 (blue)
This went to a tier 2 (purple)

When it was blue and now purple, they are showing as having a 10% chance to RE. Is it worth doing the purple?
it depends on how much mats you get and whether or not you are crafting for yourself or to sell. Personally i don't think it's worth it at the moment as unless you're really lucky to get the schematic on the first or second try you prolly won't make your money back

Drewhat
05.01.2012 , 01:06 PM | #396
I have not read through all 40 pages, but I have yet to see numbers on the %age of materials you get back from RE. Anyone know what that is?

Kurt
05.01.2012 , 07:48 PM | #397
Quick question for Armortechs:

I've crafted and RE'd about a 20 Heavy Military Body Armors and Heavy Military Leggings. The tooltip says there's a 20% chance, yet no schematics learned. Is it even possible? Seems like a waste of time and resources at this point.
Kurt < F T W >
Formerly Dapperdan of Bria

Reeny
05.01.2012 , 08:46 PM | #398
Yea, sometimes, it takes a lot of REs even for a green item.
RE in this game...not sure what's going on.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
Quick question for Armortechs:

I've crafted and RE'd about a 20 Heavy Military Body Armors and Heavy Military Leggings. The tooltip says there's a 20% chance, yet no schematics learned. Is it even possible? Seems like a waste of time and resources at this point.

Delrusant
05.02.2012 , 02:01 AM | #399
Quote: Originally Posted by Drewhat View Post
I have not read through all 40 pages, but I have yet to see numbers on the %age of materials you get back from RE. Anyone know what that is?
The chance on materials is not cknown (or not diffused to the community).

You at least get base material corresponding to the type of craft (light armor in synthweave give artefact fragment)

you can get both base material (green)

you can get base + supplement (the one you can buy at the merchant next to the trainer on the fleet)

you can get base + blue, base + purple, base+supplement + blue, (I do not remember I you can have base+sup+blue+purple)

getting blue back has a lower chance of happening and purple even lower (even getting supplement back is not that higha probability may be equals to blue)

wainot-keel
05.02.2012 , 08:28 AM | #400
Quote: Originally Posted by Drewhat View Post
I don't think anyone knows, aside from some BW developer, but I have the impression that the higher the item level is, the lower the return. I've made 6 tries (they all failed) to get an augment slot for my rakata relic. Every time the RE return was 1 or 2 upari crystals , so next time I'll just trash it at a vendor's. That might get me enough for a couple of TH missions for more mats.