Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Reverse Engineering

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Reverse Engineering

Rhaphael
02.02.2012 , 02:56 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Synavix View Post
Just curious as to whether there was anything new stated regarding learning prefixes for vibroknives and/or shotguns; whether it really is a bug, if its getting fixed/changed, or if it's "working as intended".

Great topic, I hope you keep it up to date as more changes roll in.
Nope, no update to those issues.

Hylandugorn
02.02.2012 , 03:16 AM | #22
Does anyone know if the named (eg Hawkeye) r/e discoveries can occur on the columi implant/earpiece schematics that drop from hard mode EV.

I see them listed on torhead, but has anyone actually procced one of these?
Who puts thin ice signs on the thin ice?

P.S. Commando's should also get a class specific combat pet and a class specific non combat pet, both that can grav round.

Dolvich-R
02.02.2012 , 05:29 AM | #23
I have 14 tier 2 biochem recipes by the use of RE. On one Anti-Armor/ Endowment/ Fervor/ Supremacy/ Tempest/ Vehemence/ Rampart and SEVEN Commander's/ Leadership/ General's. And presense prefixs have been RE by the first 6 times, the second - 1 time. Probabilities of new recipe creation are different or its my bed luck?

CoDThundarian
02.02.2012 , 05:32 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Dolvich-R View Post
I have 14 tier 2 biochem recipes by the use of RE. On one Anti-Armor/ Endowment/ Fervor/ Supremacy/ Tempest/ Vehemence/ Rampart and SEVEN Commander's/ Leadership/ General's. And presense prefixs have been RE by the first 6 times, the second - 1 time. Probabilities of new recipe creation are different or its my bed luck?
I don't think it can be just bad luck. It's either scripted that way or bugged to happen that way. A little over half of my armstech t2 discoveries are +presence.

Slydoon
02.02.2012 , 08:06 AM | #25
I have REed my green BATTLE ENHANCEMENT 22 until i got the blue version and then again until i got the purple ADVANCED BATTLE ENHANCEMENT 22 in a linear fashion. My question is is there any way for players to make/obatin the higher lvls of enhancements such as the ones that come standard in most of the lvl 50 purple gear such as the ADVANCED BATTLE ENHANCEMENT 24 other than buying purple gear and taking the enhancements/mods out of them? It seems like a waste of stats to put any player made enhancements in your gear (at least high end purple gear) as they only go up to ENHANCEMENT 22 as far as i have seen or is that the price you pay right now for customizing your gear with your own crafted items?

Rhaphael
02.02.2012 , 08:11 AM | #26
No it's not possible to learn to craft these 23/24/25 versions yet.

LoneStranger
02.02.2012 , 08:30 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ostguden View Post
Good stuff!
Also, thanks Sleign and everyone else who has contributed information to the first post. It's been a great help in wrapping my head around the crafting system of this game. Special thanks to LoneStranger for the flowchart.
Glad it helped!

Slaign
02.02.2012 , 10:55 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Sengar View Post
I've got a Tionese Supercommando's Module (earring) that dropped last night in a 16 man op. Can this be reverse engineered to gain a Tier 1 or 2 prefix? I know it's possible to crit and gain an augment slot.

If not, I see no point in these earrings. Each schematic is bind on pickup, and makes a bind on pickup ear...with stats far worse than a tier 2 crafted earring (61 aim, 95 endurance, 37 accuracy, 28 defense).
I haven't seen proof that it can be, but I also haven't ever heard of enough people testing this to get a real solid sample size. As of now, I consider such things "In Testing and Unconfirmed" which basically means try it at your own risk and please let us know the results.

Slaign
02.02.2012 , 11:00 AM | #29
Someone brought this up earlier, but mistakenly said they were part of the patch notes. Right now the only thing in the PTR patch is the Biochem changes. However, there was a post that detailed future plans that said a lot of exciting things. Here's the bit that's relevant to us:

Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post

Major changes are currently on schedule for the next major content patch, such as extractable basemods (armoring, barrel, etc.) from purple items, critical crafting successes on orange outfits, more bind-on-equip schematic drops for artifice and other professions, increased relevance of augments, better reverse engineering chance, and other improvements. We want to create significant incentive for players to engage in the crafting economy – as provider of goods or supplier - without requiring players to take up a specific profession as a ticket into endgame.

Long term, our plan is to evolve Star Wars: The Old Republic’s game economy to a more player driven model, strengthen and improve the GTN and embrace the game’s extensive appearance customization throughout the game. We have a long list of improvements planned for that but we’re also anxious to hear from you.

Find the full text and comment on it here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2417047

Reminder, "Major Content Patch" means a new version increment, so we won't see this until patch 1.2. We are currently on 1.1.2 on the PTR. 1.2 could come at any time, but it isn't announced yet.

ButtaFett
02.02.2012 , 11:47 AM | #30
Should be just a subscribe button for this...