Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Djspyder
02.29.2012 , 11:47 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lomerell View Post
This is almost, but not quite true. Kira does have a single dialog mission when she first joins your ship. It's called "Ground Rules".

To unlock "Ground Rules", you must first advance your class plot to the point where you own a ship.

To unlock all future dialogs, you must first advance your class plot beyond the point where they become relevant. This is the case in the above spoiler. It also also the case for future dialogs. Some simply will not happen if your plotline is not sufficiently advanced.

This is not unique to Kira, it applies to all of your companions.

There are two gating factors to unlocking companion dialog:
  • Class plot progression
  • Companion's affection

Either one being insufficient may block additional companion quests.

If your companion has a "let's talk" icon on their portrait but does not say "let's talk" when you click on him/her, the companion has no dialog for you. The bug is graphical in nature and is not related to companion progression. It is in no way related to Kira's original bug. It can happen with any companion.

Many players believe that it is evidence your affection is high enough for another dialog, but your plot progression is not.

I am posting this to answer hundreds of posts resembling these complaints:
  1. I have 10k affection on Taris and Kira won't talk to me! She is still bugged!
  2. I have beaten the game and Kira won't talk to me! She is still bugged!
  3. After I did MISSION X for Kira, she hasn't talked to me again!

Companion missions are designed to appear gradually. If you just left Coruscant and are expecting Kira to abruptly offer ALL of her dialogs, you'll be disappointed. Likewise for ANY companion. It doesn't mean you're bugged.

I do not have a master list of combined plot/affection requirements for Kira (or any companion), which would be spoiler heavy besides. Suffice to say that you should not panic until you have completely advanced the storyline AND maxed your affection.

There is another important fact to realize:

Kira does not have endless dialogs.

At some point, you're finished, just as with the class quests. It doesn't mean you're bugged. I have seen this question frequently asked also.

I've actually Noticed The opposite, kira has Been VERY active Sine Right after Taris, Like 3 conversations in one shot, Then another Two back to back, Then a few more then the nar shaddar mission convo, and one last convo right after getting back on the ship.... and I'm only lvl 34, and Just Finished chapter 1.... ,I Hope I don't burn through them too quickly, I'd like them to last until(or at least close to) lvl 50.

I haven't noticed any issues with her conversations, However I've Gotten NONE from t7 except for his Intro conversation. and my affection with him isn't all that low. maybe t7 jus doesn't have as much of a story as her.

Jumpwings
03.03.2012 , 07:11 AM | #12
Man, I am totally confused......i have a 30 male jedi Knight who had always wanted to romance Kira but since I made this toon at launch, I was always told if i did ever try to romance her it would ruin all future storyline/chat/romance possibilities.......so i never did flirt with her........Some of the posts seem to indicate this bug is now fixed, some seem to say only newly rolled toons are "ok"........so my question is-------has the bug been fixed for original gamelaunch rolled toons and it is NOW safe for one to "flirt/romance" Kira......or NOT????? Would someone please clarify? Thank you.

mmsock
03.04.2012 , 05:27 PM | #13
Only created my JK a few days ago, did everything correctly storywise, but just got the bug. Try to start the 'talk to the council' part, and it just hangs there. Can not progress

Edit: Had to reset and redo the mission a couple of times, but got it working. Try that if you get stuck.

Equusdoc
03.14.2012 , 07:56 PM | #14
I did the romance part, kissed her and have not had a conversation with her since. I have over 6k affection, does this mean she is bugged out? Other characters seem to have dialogue every 500 or so points.

vchrisv
04.25.2012 , 01:55 AM | #15
So has the Kira bug been totally fixed or is it still on going? Please someone answer.

Keta
04.25.2012 , 09:25 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by vchrisv View Post
So has the Kira bug been totally fixed or is it still on going? Please someone answer.
I had the quest bug out last night with Kira. So my character is stuck as this is part of the class mission. Got the usual nonsense answer from customer 'service' as well.... "watch the patch notes. Sorry but it's absurd that the bug is still in the game or is back. You guys really fail here.

Keta
04.26.2012 , 12:52 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by vchrisv View Post
I finally got the quest done with the flirt option. I filed a ticket over the bug shut down for the night and came back the next afternoon and everything worked fine. Take that for whatever it's worth.

IheartGreenGirls
04.26.2012 , 08:39 PM | #18
Perhaps now we can fix her bug with NEVER putting her lightsaber away.
"The Jedi who fall are the most dangerous of all."

--Line from a childrens' rhyme

vchrisv
04.27.2012 , 09:36 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Keta View Post
I finally got the quest done with the flirt option. I filed a ticket over the bug shut down for the night and came back the next afternoon and everything worked fine. Take that for whatever it's worth.
Kk thanks a lot but what do you mean with the filling a ticket over the bug? hahaha sorry, I just need to know a way of redoing the quest incase i get the bug after the DS flirt option.

Psorrf
05.01.2012 , 10:13 PM | #20
Whether BW believes they fixed the bug or not is irrelevant. Kira still has issues. I took the DS option to flirt and everything was fine. Chose not to take her before the council and the quest lines flowed... for a while.

While completing Tattooine she said she wanted to talk. I finished up the quests and headed to the spaceport, once on board she has nothing to say. Same outside the spaceport, or in Cantina. I've dragged her sorry butt from one end of the galaxy to the other and she still won't talk to me.

At 7400+ affection is seems like a real waste of time, effort and credits.