Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I heard Marauders are underpowered. I don't think so!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
I heard Marauders are underpowered. I don't think so!

Alegoss
02.01.2012 , 05:35 AM | #11
for me it feels a bit awkward

dont get me wrong i definatly like to play my marauder, i just accepted the fact that i will die a lot more than many other classes

just compare it a bit

you have a commando : who has CC a shield a self heal and heavy armor, and nice burst

vs

a marauder with CDs who delay the inevitable, you can use 3 CDs just to delay you death as you cant heal and 1 to escape you faith ( force camouflage)
and you only have medium armor.

the difference is a bit unfair

i raise the question why does a heavy armor class has a knock back a shield a cc abilty
and so much survivability?

there is no way you will be able to kill a commando with a healer as back up
but it does the otherway around but just because you dont have the survivability

its just a small example though
maybe in some eyes i compare apples with oranges

ZakPreston
02.01.2012 , 05:45 AM | #12
Question to TS:
How did u get 75k Healed and 2.5k single heal?
What system are u running swtor at? U seemed to play Alderaan WZ pretty smoothly with shadows on! My friend with Sandy Bridge i5 and GF-560TI struggles the same fps issues as my 3 times weaker laptop.

A few notes: u were fightin against crappy opponents: some of them crappy geared, some of them didn't pay enough attention to you untill 50%hp. And 200-250k dmg is a laughable number in WZ comparing to mercs, sorcs and even Operatives.

Ilianor
02.01.2012 , 03:21 PM | #13
What the matter with some of you guys?

1. It was just a random bg.
2. I joined random, solo, without a group - and im sorry that i didn't defend a point alone :S
3. Terrible Opponents? r u serious? Do I look like that I'm carrying about how good my opponents are? I didn't choose them, so its not my prob. if they suck.
4. @DarthVaus Sorry, next time I yell that they should focus me :S

@Wingzeron
As Marauder, you go for the healer first, cuz u can kick. So whoes server sucks now, hmm?

@Alegoss
Well, I got a friend who plays commando on another server and he thinks that Marauder are unkillable, because of the invis & 90% dmg reduce, but every player who doesn't suck balls knows, that 3 sek invis aren't much and that few sec 90% dmg reduce aren't much neither. Yes, Marauder need a knockback or a stun but w/e.

@ZakPreston
1. An Item which heals you for about 8k life, out of combat. If you want to know how to obtain it, make sure that u subscribed me, so you will be noticed when I release the next guide.

2. Well, like I wrote above, I can't decide who I fight against. Do you think, that you play all the time vs full bm? I would have no prob to fight against better equipt chars, but if there aren't any, what should I do? Leave the warzone? I don't think so.
btw, carnage is mostly an pve spec. If i wanna do big numbers I would choose rage, but I don't like that playstyle so I stick with carnage, because I do Pve too, so I don't need to reskill :P

i5 2500k, gtx 570 phantom, 8gig ram - I think the shadow is kinda buggy. I'll try that directx 9 thing out tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope most of question are answered. If you like that video, or you didn't I would be happy if you would subscribe. I've got some ideas for new videos (e.g. PvP vs different classes (ofc. with good gear ) or naked pvp etc. The next pvp videos will be ofc vs better enemys and no rnd bgs :P

May the force be with you!

Cheers

saminaobx
02.01.2012 , 03:39 PM | #14
Troll topic is obvious

Deviltreh
02.01.2012 , 06:10 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ZakPreston View Post
Question to TS:
How did u get 75k Healed and 2.5k single heal?
What system are u running swtor at? U seemed to play Alderaan WZ pretty smoothly with shadows on! My friend with Sandy Bridge i5 and GF-560TI struggles the same fps issues as my 3 times weaker laptop.

A few notes: u were fightin against crappy opponents: some of them crappy geared, some of them didn't pay enough attention to you untill 50%hp. And 200-250k dmg is a laughable number in WZ comparing to mercs, sorcs and even Operatives.
I was doing 250k easily as a 35. Without Annihilate, lots of extra Fury from getting hit, weaker offhand attacks and less accuracy.
The bravery of being out of range...

Smash now does 100% damage to targeted enemy and 33% damage to all other enemies. <- there, I fixed Smash, how hard it is?..

AcaciaDragon
02.01.2012 , 10:50 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ilianor View Post
Hey Guys,

made this video yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PsdwImZuYY

I hope you like it

Cheers
What was that 6k heal item you used at 3:36? Shock Frozen water? How do you get that? Something to do with Hoth i assume.

Ilianor
02.02.2012 , 01:16 AM | #17
yep tatooine & hoth.

@Deviltreh
Do you wanna show me your e-p****s? Do u think that I care about how much dmg u did "easily"?

And again for the people who are to stupid to read. Video -> normal game -> nothing special. If you wanna flame about my "low" dmg or my crappy opponents -> ****.

Thank you

DarthVauhs
02.02.2012 , 01:27 AM | #18
Yes, Marauder need a knockback or a stun but w/e.
Nah were fine. Just don't go down any dark alleys alone. Be sure you always have your group of friends anywhere you go...

3/10

edit: I was gonna post the 30 hours of footage I have of me leaping into battle, getting my target to 65%, watching them get healed to full, then me dieing in three hits. It's really bad, just me doing that over and over and over and over. Of course I tried every build I could think of with every rot I could think of with about 20% give or take in leeway on outcomes. I probably wouldn't be able to get laid if I posted it though. So i'm broke from respec, frustrated from dieing so much etc.

Not that it matter, i'm just one person.

Ilianor
02.02.2012 , 01:37 AM | #19
@DarthVauhs
trollers gonna troll

DarthVauhs
02.02.2012 , 01:39 AM | #20
@DarthVauhs
trollers gonna troll
opinion sorry you don't like it