Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are they killing hybrid builds???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Why are they killing hybrid builds???

Fireswraith
02.23.2013 , 09:27 PM | #81
Wouldn't it fun if BioWare REALLY gave your hybrids a nerf in the form of everything tier 3 and above required the associated charge of the tree? So Deathfield et all Madness would require being in Lightning Charge, 30% maul crit damage et all Deception would require Surging, etc etc? Man I would so laugh.

planet_J
02.23.2013 , 09:32 PM | #82
Actually...I doubt that would ever happen...but...if it did...it would happen to sorcs too...not just this class or any other class...it would be all classes.
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir

DAWUSS
02.23.2013 , 10:37 PM | #83
They're killing hybrid builds because they want us all to be one-dimensional.

LegionLordXendor
02.23.2013 , 10:56 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
As mentioned many times before, BW has made it clear that they wish to balance the AC's around their 3 skill trees. Hybrid build's make balancing harder because instead of taking into account only 3 builds, you know have 3 + 1 or 2 more Hybrid builds for each AC.
This isnt wow, or at least its not supposed to be. I'll say it again!.......The game was made with the promise...(its on the making of the game vids & interviews) of having completely customizable specs. The End!

xscott
02.23.2013 , 11:22 PM | #85
I play Hybrid for 2 reasons ...

I dont like to tank, my guild requires I tank in WZ's .. so I play 23/1/17 .. off tank, utility, burst in DPS gear.

If Bioware made deception hit a little harder, my guild might let me play Deception. I doubt they will ..

How many ranked teams run a deception Assassin? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????? ?

what am I suppose to do now? If i wanted to tank, I would tank, .. but I dont. now I am FORCED to tank even moreso than before.

oh .. yeah 12 slots/re-roll, whatever.

paowee
02.23.2013 , 11:33 PM | #86
from what ive been reading around these forums, some people want hybrids to work and others prefer BW to balance around 3 specs. with no 100% support for the hybrids from the community, and on top of BW's stance of wanting to balance 3 specs instead of 5 or 6, i doubt the hybrid loyalists will get enough backing going on for them.

1) Juggernaut end-game tanking = Immortal with major buffs. Hybrid gone.

2) Sorcerer dps = Full Lightning spec is parsing really good right now

3) Assassin hybrid (mainly for the PVPers) = can not comment since i dont run hybrid sin PVP (not much of a pvper as well.
Besides, Full Deception in pve is parsing well from what i've been hearing from people on the PTS.

4) Sniper hybrid spec however = is still strong and parsing well on the L55 ops dummy. At least on par with Full Marks and Full Lethality.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

planet_J
02.24.2013 , 01:28 AM | #87
Actually:

20/26 Jugg

18/28 Jugg

27/5/14 Assassin

Hybrids are alive and well...
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir

Xethis
02.24.2013 , 05:34 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by LegionLordXendor View Post
It doesn't matter how you may or may not want to look at it. The game was made with the promise...(its on the making of the game vids & interviews) of having completely customizable specs. The End! Now they go and change their minds because...QQ its hard to balance? Give ma a break. Things where fine before 1.2, only needing very, and I mean very minor fixes. If they continue to squash hybrid builds so they are no longer viable in both pve and pvp then they are running the risk of falling into the same trap other current mmo's are in.
You necro'd a year old thread bro, good job.

Soull
02.24.2013 , 06:51 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Varcan View Post
If they make changes(aka hybrid nerfs), but make our freakin passive work(+25% base dmg to Project).

I'll sing songs and rejoice upon the BW name.
lol so would i. but this has been a known issue since beta, and they still haven't bothered to even think of fixing it.

as regards to hybrids, i don't use them. i'll go 31 darkness or 31 deception, as i feel i do better with those specs. i know everyone is in love with 23/1/17, but it is by far squishier than a full 31 darkness build. and it doesn't do more damage either. that being said, it bothers me that BW is taking away some of the limited customization we're afforded. i say limited, because there's some talents no one in their right mind would take (i'm looking at you, resourcefulness!).

games like rift not only encouraged hybridization, but many a times they were the best specs to play. they also let players have 5 different builds they could swap to if not in combat (where's our dual spec BW?)

Exwyzed
02.25.2013 , 08:57 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Xethis View Post
You necro'd a year old thread bro, good job.
LOL totally fooled me until you said this. Good call.