Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are they killing hybrid builds???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Why are they killing hybrid builds???

Cygann
02.02.2012 , 07:48 AM | #51
Game is really dumbed down as it is now.

It wouldn't bother me that we are forced into one of 3 trees if those have more width. And why only 3? How about 4 or 5 per class? No? To lazy to make them or to different from WOW for you?

Atleast make talent trees to be real FAT trees with lots more branches so players really can make trade offs as they progress to end lvl skills (yes make 2 end level skills atleast and make it so we can have only one due to cost).

Make more synergy between skills so players can choose what higher level talents they wish to power up with their lower level talents.

As it is now, we can skip maybe 25% of the talents on the way up to the top. Trees should have much more skills making it that you can't fill atleast 50% of the tree on the way up even if you have put everything in the same tree.

That way players could get width thay are missing, and some variety between players that use same tree, and on the other hand, saying within one tree would not break trinity role player picked (as much as trinity suck, but I guess WOW masses are attracted to that).

Technohic
02.02.2012 , 08:04 AM | #52
meh. Whatever. I already had decided to go mainly Darkness tree. The thing that bugs me is, I see Deception being more what I thought this class would be about, but it needs improving. Hopefully things can be boosted now that it is less likely to give more of an edge to the other 2 tree specs.

manucake
02.02.2012 , 08:13 AM | #53
patch notes 1.1.2 *** !!!! i hate you bioware

Raze: Now triggers from activating melee attacks that hit a target affected by Lightning Charge’s Discharge effect. This effect now triggers more easily but cannot trigger as frequently.

Energize: This skill now also triggers from Assassinate. It now triggers from damage dealt (rather than ability use) such that each hit of Assassinate, Thrash, and Lacerate have an individual chance to yield the Energize buff. The chance to trigger has been reduced to 30% per hit.

i can live with the energize change but the raze nerf just kills hybrid builds ! please dont let this go to live !!!!!!!!!!!!

Teyler
02.02.2012 , 08:15 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by chumppi View Post
So BW thinks we should all play cookie cutter builds? Cool.
So BW finally made the end tree talents finally worth pursuing? Cool.

Tamernator
02.02.2012 , 08:33 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Teyler View Post
So BW finally made the end tree talents finally worth pursuing? Cool.
And hybrids unworth of doing.
"People who can organzie and execute a strategy are OP. Seeing as cannot defend against this strategy, its cheap. Guys... having a strategy and a plan is cheap. Remove all people's ability to plan and come up with strategys so people like me who use on the spot thinking (which clearly works here) have a fair chance."

Tenndou
02.02.2012 , 09:16 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by hikotai View Post
Because there ARE choices, you just don't like the choices you're given. That's why I keep saying you're just entitlement raging because the hybrid spec isn't what you want it to be. The hybrid build still exists, it still has great utility, and it will always exist so long as BioWare doesn't prevent you from spending your points. It's just not easymode damage anymore because now the extra utility has a price to pay. Deal with it?

And I keep telling you: stop insulting people's intelligence if you want anyone to take you seriously. Don't expect respect if you can't give any. Might help if you learned how to spell too.
yes the choice is now to choose being tank or chose between a mediocre hybrid spec and a bad deception spec for pvp ( not talking about balance... )

all dps specs are equally bad now that indeed leaves us with a choice, not play dps as assassin

Teyler
02.02.2012 , 10:02 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Tamernator View Post
And hybrids unworth of doing.
Funny, you almost make it sound like its a bad thing they are balancing the 11, 21, and 31 active talents. but that must be just me right?

Skitlz
02.02.2012 , 10:06 AM | #58
they could have made the changes to the 31 point talents without changing the 21's that way people at least have a choice, then both specs would have been viable just in different situations and play styles.

Teyler
02.02.2012 , 11:00 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Skitlz View Post
they could have made the changes to the 31 point talents without changing the 21's that way people at least have a choice, then both specs would have been viable just in different situations and play styles.
yes. lets make an already good 31 talent op just so the too good 21 point doesnt need to get nerfed. then we go to the other classes and buff all their 11, 21 and 31 talent points so they dont fall behind.
or we just tweak down that one too strong 21 talent point.

Stathor
02.02.2012 , 12:01 PM | #60
Ok so now what's a good Dps Pve build ? I was just getting use to my hybrid build and now all these changes.