Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are they killing hybrid builds???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Why are they killing hybrid builds???

supZ
02.01.2012 , 06:30 AM | #11
have i missed something?

are they forcing 31 point talent specs all of a sudden? when? where's the notes?
---------------
SI Sorcerer (50)
JC Sage (50)

Tamernator
02.01.2012 , 06:32 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by supZ View Post
have i missed something?

are they forcing 31 point talent specs all of a sudden? when? where's the notes?
Not forcing just making your hybrid sucks )) Is it not enought for you ? )))
"People who can organzie and execute a strategy are OP. Seeing as cannot defend against this strategy, its cheap. Guys... having a strategy and a plan is cheap. Remove all people's ability to plan and come up with strategys so people like me who use on the spot thinking (which clearly works here) have a fair chance."

_cisco
02.01.2012 , 06:35 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by supZ View Post
have i missed something?

There are no notes. They made changes to tooltips which suggest that in the future even more abilities will be bound to the stance of their respective tree.
And, iirc, BW has stated that they do not want people to go for hybrid builds, so these changes would make sense from their point of view.

Nethershadow
02.01.2012 , 06:40 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by byteresistor View Post
They're killing hybrids because they noticed almost every sin spec was running with dark charge in PvP, giving sin's actually some needed survability... and we can't have that.
Exactly this!!

With the exception though i dont see this in a negative light as it is a OBVIOUS design of what charges are to be used in what tree.

DPS were all running in DC which should have told you something was very wrong from that point.

Sabbathius
02.01.2012 , 07:23 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Nethershadow View Post
DPS were all running in DC which should have told you something was very wrong from that point.
Yeah. I just hope they don't decide that what is wrong is DC itself and nerf it into the ground.

sjeg
02.01.2012 , 07:45 AM | #16
Nerfing hybrids is one thing. Not showing those nerfs in the changelog and not buffing pure builds for an already weak class is another...

DrexelUK
02.01.2012 , 08:08 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by sjeg View Post
Nerfing hybrids is one thing. Not showing those nerfs in the changelog and not buffing pure builds for an already weak class is another...
This x9000

Technohic
02.01.2012 , 08:12 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by sjeg View Post
Maybe I missed it but I though this "nerf" was only in the description and not in function yet?

Only reason it bugs me is I was just learning how to handle something one way and now I will have to go back and change what I am doing. Not that big of a deal, really. But maybe by changing just the description; maybe they are still looking at why a pure build is not as desirable and thats why they haven't changed the function yet?

sjeg
02.01.2012 , 08:41 AM | #19
Apparently they nerfed raze for darkness/madness hybrids too:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=258441

Pretty hefty for the not uncommon 23/0/18 or 23/2/16 build if you ask me.

Nethershadow
02.01.2012 , 09:56 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabbathius View Post
Yeah. I just hope they don't decide that what is wrong is DC itself and nerf it into the ground.
Completely agree with that, and it would ruin tankasins if they did as they stand close to other tanks atm.