Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Yoda a jedi consular or jedi knight?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Is Yoda a jedi consular or jedi knight?

Squigs
02.01.2012 , 01:57 AM | #1
I was thinking about this and it seems that most jedi/sith can be sorted easliy. I'm gonna so a consular but i was just interested in hearing a response.

DarkestDaemon
02.01.2012 , 01:59 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Squigs View Post
I was thinking about this and it seems that most jedi/sith can be sorted easliy. I'm gonna so a consular but i was just interested in hearing a response.
He was a Consular. He was skilled in lightsaber combat, IIRC, but he was very strong in the Force.
"The Force will set me free!"
Darth Tybek Maar, Wraith of Taris
Wraith (The Story of Tybek) - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=246582

Quiet
02.01.2012 , 02:02 AM | #3
IMO...
He would be a Jedi Consular Sage.
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Sotof
02.01.2012 , 02:03 AM | #4
Both.
My name is not Bob.

Artein
02.01.2012 , 04:01 AM | #5
Game mechanics =/= Actual lore.

Movies/books/comics/whatever characters are not divided into classes. Yoda was a Jedi.
War is simply the galaxy's hygiene.

Hrisskar
02.01.2012 , 05:16 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Artein View Post

Movies/books/comics/whatever characters are not divided into classes. Yoda was a Jedi.
Precisely.

RavensDaemon
02.01.2012 , 06:23 AM | #7
He was not a very good Consular tho. He felt when Anakin was falling and did nothing, even when Anakin came to talk to Yoda about his visions and doubt, he did nothing. All this Jedi Purge could of be avoided if Yoda was a good Consular and proscribed Paxil.

Alohen
02.01.2012 , 07:07 AM | #8
I'd say he was a Consular, but he used Jedi Knight skills,

like RotS, he uses Dispatch on a Clone Trooper and then jumps on him to pull it out.
Aradus Dikarii - Jedi Guardian

Darth Koran - Sith Assassin

internaty
02.01.2012 , 07:21 AM | #9
As said befor he was a jedi but if you need to give him a class jedi consolar.
Why watch episode 3 no jedi knight can trow so many stuff.
for that mather most ingame jedi knight cant even use force powers.
Meaby force push and force jump but those are extreemly rare in comparison to the jedi consolar many force powers.

Also a jedi only defends never attacks yoda didnt kill anikan because it is not the jedi way to kill someone just because he MIGHT be dangerous.

Sure we all knew anikan had its doudts.

But tell me honestly would you kill someone(anyone) just because he might kill someone?

I mean the jedi way teach's that you can still make a choice.

Anakin felt to the dark side because he choice to believe that the dark side granted him the power over life.(even if he had saved padme would he really give up on the power he gained?) and he hated himself for it.
knowledge is power.
use it well.

Good players take any and all advantages they can get, actually. It's why they are good.

ManOSteal
02.01.2012 , 07:24 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Artein View Post

this^

while everyone's points about Yoda being a consular makes some sense Yoda was a master of the Ataru form....that alone would make him a jedi knight sentinel.
ị█ị██████iiΘịị█ị_|\███████████DAMN THE MAN SAVE THE EMPIRE███████████)