Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can i stick to 3 mission skills and still be vaiable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Can i stick to 3 mission skills and still be vaiable

icecoldone
12.15.2011 , 06:00 AM | #1
Hey guys i just want a bit of advise. To be honest i'm not interested in gathering or crafting skills. I really like the system for the mission skills and would rather stick with those.

I was wondering if i took investigation, underworld trading and Dioplomacy. Would that been enough to earn me enough cash to buy my items and such.

The way i see it underworld trading can make me cash on the orange schematics, and dioplomacy will always been in need cos it's used to make consumables, and investigation again might make big cash.

I plan on selling everything i get from these missions on the AH to make lots of cash.

Is this fine.

I want to do it this way cos i generally hate crafting in games but it's a nesscary evil and mission crafting is quite out the way of having fun.

Any advise?

I know many of you would say take one crafting and one gathering as well but just think if this would work cos if it could my life on TOR would be perfect

Rixxypixxy
12.15.2011 , 06:09 AM | #2
The way i see it is the mission skills are designed to be credit sinks, rather than capable of getting you an income.

Sure, you may get lucky with rewards, but you are having to spend credits with little return on investment.

Been thinking about this for a while, i have no desire to craft alot when leveling, so seriously considering:

1) slicing (world drops, occ missions)

2) archeology (gonna level artiface at some point)

3) treasure hunting (to support artifice, and occaisional missions giving rewards eg lockboxes)

I just want to make sure got all i need (credits) for speeder, training and GTN scouring.

Hope this helps.

icecoldone
12.15.2011 , 06:20 AM | #3
While i accept most of your points. It seems strange to me they are "Designed" to be credit sinks. They are a profession and i'm sure bioware intends them to make you cash on their own. When i played the 30 day beta as you level them up you start getting some sweet rewards which depending on demand can sell for a preimium. And they don't start out as a huge credit sink. Yes i agree it's more based on luck but still you just be able to get some nice rare stuff that sells for a blast right?

Sarah_Kerrigan
12.15.2011 , 06:22 AM | #4
On a completely different note, you can't have 3 mission skills.
Quote:
Please do not post in a font size that is considered to be disruptive and is used only to fill a page. This too is considered spam.
BIOWARE, Y U GIVE ME BIG, BEAUTIFUL FONT IF U HATE IT SO MUCH?????

icecoldone
12.15.2011 , 06:24 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarah_Kerrigan View Post
On a completely different note, you can't have 3 mission skills.
Yes you can

bubblelol
12.15.2011 , 06:25 AM | #6
pretty sure you can have 3 mission skills, its only crafting that is limited to 1 skill. And yeah you can make credits from these as long as your selling your rewards. You just need to take your time and sell what you get before you send your crew out on a lot of missions
Those things will kill you

Sarah_Kerrigan
12.15.2011 , 06:26 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by icecoldone View Post
Yes you can
Strange. I can't.
Quote:
Please do not post in a font size that is considered to be disruptive and is used only to fill a page. This too is considered spam.

Rixxypixxy
12.15.2011 , 06:30 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by icecoldone View Post
While i accept most of your points. It seems strange to me they are "Designed" to be credit sinks. They are a profession and i'm sure bioware intends them to make you cash on their own. When i played the 30 day beta as you level them up you start getting some sweet rewards which depending on demand can sell for a preimium. And they don't start out as a huge credit sink. Yes i agree it's more based on luck but still you just be able to get some nice rare stuff that sells for a blast right?
Good points.

I regard mission skills, not as professions (the crafting ones are better called profs), but as support skills.

This is the unknown. Other MMOs who shall not be named have gather --> craft.

Now we have gather --> craft <-- mission. Will be fun in trying to figure out what is more profitable!

Rixxypixxy
12.15.2011 , 06:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarah_Kerrigan View Post
Strange. I can't.
Oooh, pretty sure you are meant to be able to.

Tried a bug report?

I'm not in game so cannot comment one way or t'other.

Sarah_Kerrigan
12.15.2011 , 06:33 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rixxypixxy View Post
Oooh, pretty sure you are meant to be able to.

Tried a bug report?

I'm not in game so cannot comment one way or t'other.
Mah, doesn't matter. Could be wrong.
Quote: