Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early access=confusing!

Azuredraco
12.15.2011 , 06:18 AM | #11
Karagian i have done exactly as you have. And what i understand of what people have said to me we just have to wait for an e-mail ^^

Dasffion
12.15.2011 , 06:18 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Karagian View Post
Help me understand something please. Your ega depends on the time you preordered the game or on the time you redeemed the code. Because I have preordered the game like a long time ago, but I only redeemed the code at the beggining of the month. I also have the physical copy of the game for about a week, I installed it, patched it, downloaded the clients, subscribed for the recurring game time, filled in the securith questions, filled in my data, so I guess I am now waiting for my e-mail right?

PS: I'm not dumb, just anxious....
The time you redeemed the code.

FantasyMeister
12.15.2011 , 06:18 AM | #13
Help me understand something please. Your ega depends on the time you preordered the game or on the time you redeemed the code. Because I have preordered the game like a long time ago, but I only redeemed the code at the beggining of the month. I also have the physical copy of the game for about a week, I installed it, patched it, downloaded the clients, subscribed for the recurring game time, filled in the securith questions, filled in my data, so I guess I am now waiting for my e-mail right?

Correct, ega depends on the time you redeemed the pre-order code, not the time you pre-ordered. I'd guess you should receive an invite for the EGA any time between today and Saturday, that's just a guess and sorry to be vague.

On the plus side, you're all good to go from the 20th, glad to hear that entering a Product Registration Code seems to be working just fine.
"Never underestimate the power of the Force. Or duct tape."

Eegorr
12.15.2011 , 06:20 AM | #14
Yes, this is all very confusing. i was late with the preorder, but I'm a patient man and no too bothered with waiting a bit, but the information that EA provides is really very confusing. I have received a letter and downloaded the client. I have activated the license, but when I log in to my account that green checkbox is not checked (just the ones for security questions and contact information) and when I try to register the code again, it says that it is already registered (which makes sense, I already have) but why isn't the box checked?

Also, this rollout is all well and good, but I think it's a bit false advertising to claim 'you may play up to five days early' instead of just giving you a date -- if they get you online sooner that's fine of course and will come as a happy surprise, but at the moment, everything is rather confusing.

Zeromoniker
12.15.2011 , 06:20 AM | #15
EGA depends on when you actually redeemed your pre-order code (ie actually keyed it in to your pc). The earlier you redeemed your pre-order code the sooner you get in.

If you redeemed your pre-order code in December then you'll be granted access in the later waves.
Ducktape is The Force incarnate. It has a light-side, a dark-side and it binds the galaxy together.

SayEndo
12.15.2011 , 06:21 AM | #16

It's my understanding that it's from the time you redeemed the code since they don't really have any way of knowing when you ordered.

Zoroth
12.15.2011 , 06:23 AM | #17
The game DVD box has absolutely nothing, nada, null, zero, zip, zilch to do with the Early Access.

Early Access is PURELY about redeeming your emailed "early game access" code (product key), and then waiting for your invitation email in order to play. Also, the invitation email is just a formality, btw. On the same day that you're receiving it, you should get access to the game and the email won't provide you with anything other than a welcoming message.

(I'm assuming the above is correct, because players have reported being able to play the game before they actually got their email, let alone opened it.)

Cheers.
May the force be without you.

Karagian
12.15.2011 , 06:23 AM | #18
Thank you all for your answers...

After all "patience young padawan, patience"...

Niquity
12.15.2011 , 06:24 AM | #19
i order 1 month be for i could even redeem my code i'm already really screwed all my friends have been in for days now and if i cant get in today i ant going to play. ill just stick with BF3 untell Diablo 3.

iv already level solo to 50 3 times. and i want to play a JC anyways but all my friends went Emp

Leilanz
12.15.2011 , 06:32 AM | #20
Yes, patience indeed, I am one of the december pre-orders, and even though I keyed the code last friday, site issues made it so I hadn't (even though the code had been used -by me) and yesterday I got confirmation of being pre-ordered (with my code, no less).

I have actually got myself around to the thought of playing just from saturday onward. Anyway, good luck for those of november for today ^^