Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

just how powerful is Malgus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
just how powerful is Malgus?

mitigated's Avatar


mitigated
01.31.2012 , 11:26 PM | #1
I have been very intrigued by his character since playing the game, and have read as many articles as I can pull up on the net. I am by no means a lore junkie and have only read a few of the EU books, nothing on the Old Republic.

One of the articles I read on him stated something along the lines of him having become so powerful in his hatred that it was like he was the eye of calm in the center of hatred within the dark side... to me that's pretty damn wicked, and we have seen him handle a lot of Jedi like ragdolls, so for those who know more, how strong is he?
Stricken - 50 Juggernaut
Sylindis
- 50 Operative

Prophecy of the Five US PvP East

Luckmann's Avatar


Luckmann
01.31.2012 , 11:29 PM | #2
Not very.

Spoiler
Bevier, Knight of the EmpireLord Calypso, EU RP-PvP
WTB Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard, Greaves, Boots & Handgear.

mitigated's Avatar


mitigated
01.31.2012 , 11:32 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckmann View Post
Not very.

Spoiler
So in comparison to let's say.... Darth Maul? I did read the Maul books, so I have a pretty good understanding on who he was.
Stricken - 50 Juggernaut
Sylindis
- 50 Operative

Prophecy of the Five US PvP East

Luckmann's Avatar


Luckmann
01.31.2012 , 11:52 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by mitigated View Post
So in comparison to let's say.... Darth Maul? I did read the Maul books, so I have a pretty good understanding on who he was.
There's not really such a thing as "power level" in Star Wars. People die when they're supposed to die. Judging from his final battle, Darth Maul was a pushover.

In this regard, Darth Malgus is several times stronger.

Spoiler
Bevier, Knight of the EmpireLord Calypso, EU RP-PvP
WTB Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard, Greaves, Boots & Handgear.

mitigated's Avatar


mitigated
01.31.2012 , 11:56 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckmann View Post
There's not really such a thing as "power level" in Star Wars. People die when they're supposed to die. Judging from his final battle, Darth Maul was a pushover.

In this regard, Darth Malgus is several times stronger.

Spoiler
Lol I like the comparison, however I feel it was Maul's arrogance that got him killed as he handled both QGJ and Obi without a problem, and took QGJ easily 1 on 1
Stricken - 50 Juggernaut
Sylindis
- 50 Operative

Prophecy of the Five US PvP East

ptoss's Avatar


ptoss
02.01.2012 , 12:11 AM | #6
Darth Maul was killed easily because George Lucas didn't know how to make a good movie and CGI back then costed too much, so they had to cut back on the budget.

The only way to do Star Wars any justice with future movies or media is to do it ala Avatar style or with comics because game trailers have spoiled us all. I don't care how much you loved the muppets or hand puppet yoda, that **** isn't going to do it for me anymore.

Darth Malgus is pretty powerful in the (lore). He took down Ven Zallow, the jedi in the trailer, defeated Satele's master the zabrak and is now at least on par with her in strength. As Satele is the head of the jedi order, I think that also puts Malgus somewhere pretty far uptop on the power meter.

kraidy's Avatar


kraidy
02.01.2012 , 12:51 AM | #7
Also Malgus has a strong legacy, so strong it inspired Darth Vader. So he does seem to be very powerful, also as the above poster said. He is almost or equal to Master Shan. Remember, had it not been for that trooper, Shan would have died on Alderaan.

mitigated's Avatar


mitigated
02.01.2012 , 01:01 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by kraidy View Post
Also Malgus has a strong legacy, so strong it inspired Darth Vader. So he does seem to be very powerful, also as the above poster said. He is almost or equal to Master Shan. Remember, had it not been for that trooper, Shan would have died on Alderaan.
She would have been dead on the Korriban orbital station as well had it not been for her Master.
Stricken - 50 Juggernaut
Sylindis
- 50 Operative

Prophecy of the Five US PvP East

kraidy's Avatar


kraidy
02.01.2012 , 01:06 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by mitigated View Post
She would have been dead on the Korriban orbital station as well had it not been for her Master.
I give that a pass because she was still a young Jedi at the time, on Alderaan she was alot stronger in the force. They are roughly equals.

Dammit Bioware why did you not give us the choice to side with him!!!!

DarkestDaemon's Avatar


DarkestDaemon
02.01.2012 , 01:31 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by kraidy View Post
I give that a pass because she was still a young Jedi at the time, on Alderaan she was alot stronger in the force. They are roughly equals.

Dammit Bioware why did you not give us the choice to side with him!!!!
They aren't equal. Satele was going to lose if it wasn't for Jace (Jaece?) tackling Malgus and detonating a grenade in his face.
"The Force will set me free!"
Darth Tybek Maar, Wraith of Taris
Wraith (The Story of Tybek) - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=246582