Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm level 50! Now what?! I'LL TELL YOU "WHAT"!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I'm level 50! Now what?! I'LL TELL YOU "WHAT"!!

StillOne
01.31.2012 , 08:09 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_of_Stone View Post
You didnt read the OP..... did you?
Hmm, now that you mention it... lol... I read enough... the wall of text blinded me from it. Pardon me, I'm human :P Sorry OP, should've paid closer attention to it. My bad. Been a long day and all that.
"All I ever wanted was to die a good death and stay dead."

Danylko
01.31.2012 , 08:11 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by emmjay View Post
Awww, I remember my first MMO too. This thread is cute!
Hardly! Been playing MMOs since 2006... while only two of them (both SWG and WoW), this is my third one. Now, be gone troll...

Danylko
01.31.2012 , 08:12 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Yakito View Post
Some people like completing the game 100%, I don't really pursue that.
Things like all Codex entries are simply a complete waste of time to me.

I have all datacrons, I have all companions maxed out on story and affection, I got decent gear.
Completing the grey quests on some old planets? They aren't even worth the loading time, because most of them are not interesting one bit. Some side quests get really annoying at one point.

There's not really the feeling of accomplishment in the game for getting the Codex or completing all quests everywhere. I don't see the point.
You have all companions maxed out?! Through all EIGHT classes? I find it hard to believe.

Meglivorn
01.31.2012 , 08:14 PM | #24
Sometimes I'd just wish to see that all the "no content" "this content is boring and the same as all the other games" people start pumping out all those really interesting and revolutionary and never ending amount of ideas they missing and think should be in the game. Of course all of the just one click away in the station so they don't have to travel becouse it's boring, and hopefully it doesnt take too much time and repeat becouse that's boring too.
Seriously.
Start the suggestions, don't just whine. Some of them maybe good and makes it to the game.
"Many weapons can kill, but only the lightsaber can inspire such extremes of hope or fear."

Tersidre
01.31.2012 , 08:15 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by emmjay View Post
Awww, I remember my first MMO too. This thread is cute!

this is no where near my first MMO and i agree with the OP...

ive been level 50 for several weeks and i am in no way able to do the amount of things that are available for me to do on any particular day.

Yea ive done all the heroics and all the raids so far too but im looking forward to doing them all again. Honestly i think most people jsut put their expectations waaaaay to high for things and are let down when it turns out that this is just a game and not the second coming of christ.
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Danylko
01.31.2012 , 08:17 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
Hmm, now that you mention it... lol... I read enough... the wall of text blinded me from it. Pardon me, I'm human :P Sorry OP, should've paid closer attention to it. My bad. Been a long day and all that.
No problem! I had to read twice at what you said but then saw you were corrected.

Apologize for the wall of text. I tried to seperate them every 2-3 sentences so people can read...

Danylko
01.31.2012 , 08:21 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Tersidre View Post
this is no where near my first MMO and i agree with the OP...

ive been level 50 for several weeks and i am in no way able to do the amount of things that are available for me to do on any particular day.

Yea ive done all the heroics and all the raids so far too but im looking forward to doing them all again. Honestly i think most people jsut put their expectations waaaaay to high for things and are let down when it turns out that this is just a game and not the second coming of christ.
I always say this about the game "People are not satisified because a lightsaber is not coming out through their screen for real and cutting stuff up around in their house. Maybe if that were to happen, they might get interested cause that's clearly what they EXPECT" LOL

But yes, so much to do. For the most part, I am able to play 4 hours a night. I work a 8-10 hour job, play ice hockey and just have a good social real life but still find time to play this game casually.Every once in a while, I can play this game for 8 hours in a day and to be honest, find it tiresome! Can't understand how some can do it 12+ hours a day!

By the way, with my level 50, I also have a level 25 and 14 level 5-10 characters! Definitely no lack of content in this game!

Etapi
01.31.2012 , 08:24 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberate View Post
Thats the thing, it's the SAME THING IN OTHER GAMES.

Why do I want to run the wheel again, when I can log onto my 85 arc mage and be leaps and bounds ahead of anything I could achieve in SWTOR?

Your list entails nothing but grinding/farming - boring.
Then I suggest you go back to WoW. If you were not prepared to start over, then why even try another MMO.

I for one could care less if I see my Shaman again. I am so tired of that worn out world that the thought of doing another daily that I have run hundreds of times before brings me to tears. Level 85 of every class, 2 of some, why would I go back to that again? Been there, done it all.

At least this world is fresh, the stories are fun, and there is a ton of content on the way. I would rather play knowing that good quality new content is coming than hope that maybe Blizzard might actually get another expansion right (which after seeing the new 'talent' trees I have no hope that will happen). Have fun with your 85 mage, I will enjoy the fresh new content here.

Nymaeria
01.31.2012 , 08:25 PM | #29
1. Finished my class quest.

2. Finished all quests on Belsavis, Hoth, Korriban, Dromund Kaas, and Quesh. It gets boring grinding quests that give you a pathetic amount of credits and legacy experience. Especially since I have no idea what benefits these legacy levels will get me (i'm currently 1 little bubble from legacy level 18). Also, having to sit through 1-6 minutes of voiceover to figure out where I need to go to kill/collect/interact with X of Y gets old REALLY fast.

3. I'm well geared from a PvE standpoint. But why bother PvPing when I'm just going to get DESTROYED by all the people wearing full Champion gear. That isn't fun. I might be more inclined to PvP if I didn't always end up in Huttball too. Gearing through PvP is even more frustrating than through PvE. There's far too much RNG for a game that depends on the loot treadmill to keep people playing.

4. I actually do have all of my companions at 10k. It's not like that was hard at all. The codex tells you what kind of gifts and conversation choices they like. Also, only your first companion actually sends you on quests. The rest only do cinematic cut scenes that are surprisingly dull.

5. I'm almost to social rank 5. Maybe if BioWare would actually fix the bugs affecting social points, I'd have that maxed already too.

6. I'm not in a guild. There's no real reason to be in a guild, at least not on my server.

7. Yes, as I like playing thin characters, I've had no problems getting the datacrons. I think it took me 2 days (not focusing solely on them though) to get them all.

8. Already done all the space missions millions of times. Also, as you open new ones, they aren't really new. Just slightly harder.

9. I have multiple alts. Unfortunately, due to the EXTREMELY linear planet/level progression, I typically give up around level 30 because doing the same stuff over and over again isn't appealing.

10. My main has had her 3 crew skills maxed for a long time now. My alts aren't even max level and some of them have maxed professions. Why? Because I don't have to do ANYTHING to level professions in this game.

11. Nope, my codex is not full filled out. It's pretty darn close though. Maybe I would have bothered to fill it out entirely if it told me what I already had in each category.

12. Yep, done most of the World Bosses as well. At level 50, most of them can be killed solo or with one or two other people. As my spouse happens to play the game with me, that's what we did. One of the ones on Hoth was bugged when we tried him though (kept resetting at 20%).

13. Companions deserve end game gear, eh? I disagree. The one companion that I use is decked out. One of my companions that can dps or tank is also decked out. Don't really care about the rest. Least of all 2V-R8. If I could, I'd deactivate him.

14. Valor....I already discussed my opinion on valor.

15. Already gotten all the gear I can from dailies. I'm also sitting on a VERY comfortable amount of credits (lets just say I'm WELL over a million). There's no reason to do any more dailies.

Most people aren't really complaining about a lack of things to do. They're complaining about the lack of fun, interesting and REWARDING things to do.

Selaik
01.31.2012 , 08:29 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aisar View Post
Why would anyone do old grey quests or collect all the datacrons/codex entries? Are you guys really that easy to please? Fetch boy, fetch!
Yea its much better that he just stays on the boards a spews hate for a game that just came out , good for you OP you obviously did not forget like some people ^^ that games are meant to be fun , it's not your job its not your life ITS MEANT TO BE FUN , and when its not LOG OFF