Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm level 50! Now what?! I'LL TELL YOU "WHAT"!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I'm level 50! Now what?! I'LL TELL YOU "WHAT"!!

Lord_of_Stone
01.31.2012 , 07:49 PM | #11
OP has a point. I have a level 50 sage and level 50 IA, and while I'm focusing on leveling my other characters, I feel that I still have much to complete on my level 50s. I really want to find all the datacrons, complete the world arc and bonus series for Corellia, get 10k affection with my other companions experience their stories, finish the last 3 flashpoints I never even attempted, finish all the HM flashpoints (only did black talon), do OPs, (only got to Soa on EV with a PUG).

I log in to my sage and sniper to do a bit of this and a bit of that while I level my Trooper. IMO, endgame is perfect. Its not grindy or expansive enough to where you feel obligated to continue that character and go completionist, and its not bland or stale enough so that you drop your characters completely. Most people are having problems with the latter, as they are playing a single character only, 4+hours a day, which simply isnt fun in this game.

tl;dr, MMO players are annoying. roll an alt, or cancel your subscription.

Krondorf
01.31.2012 , 07:49 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Danylko View Post
So after about a month and a half, I hit level 50 on one of my characters. Yes, it took me a month in a half. If I did not focus on other characters, I might have done it within a month but this is all with what I consider "casual" gameplay (aka, play when I have free time). When I hit 50, I was at the previous planet before the last one for my class quest and have already been diverted for a bonus series on another planet.

But after looking at this forum, I have to ask just how in the HECK are people "bored" and say there is "nothing to do" after they reach 50? There is soooo much to do, even after you hit 50. Let me give you guys some ideas:

1.) Did you even finish your class quest at 50 or did you finish it before .... Blah blah blah !
At 50, pvp is a joke.
My class quest is broken. Bounty Hunter.
The rest is boring as hell. So I'm not going to spend my time doing things that I find boring.
I thrive on pvp's adrenaline rush, which this game lacks to provide at 50.

It's good to know that you've plenty of time on your hands.

Liberate
01.31.2012 , 07:54 PM | #13
Thats the thing, it's the SAME THING IN OTHER GAMES.

Why do I want to run the wheel again, when I can log onto my 85 arc mage and be leaps and bounds ahead of anything I could achieve in SWTOR?

Your list entails nothing but grinding/farming - boring.
Liberate

reaperkeepet
01.31.2012 , 07:56 PM | #14
So agree with this thread. Theres a lot to do and then some, Ilum PvP is awesome, there will be new chapters added, WZs, ect. There is quite a bit to do as it is right now.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Baras
The cake is a lie, there is only pie, through pie I gain calories, through calories I gain fat, through fat my belt is broken, the recliner shal free me...

Dillingor
01.31.2012 , 07:59 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberate View Post
Thats the thing, it's the SAME THING IN OTHER GAMES.

Why do I want to run the wheel again, when I can log onto my 85 arc mage and be leaps and bounds ahead of anything I could achieve in SWTOR?

Your list entails nothing but grinding/farming - boring.
right, leaps and bounds ahead on your 1 button wonder.

So your rationale for not liking this game is that you already are geared in WoW. Good job. Thank you for purchasing this game despite the fact that you never actually intended on subbing. I'm sure you came in with a negative attitude and only played because all your WoW friends were trying it, like most haters here.

I've got a level 50 BH Merc healer (the class quest isn't broken, I've finished the story, and yes I chose the darkside choice), full champ set, about level 33 valor right now, doing dailies and weekly's on him, and hard modes with guildies, then switching to alts. The stories are so different on each alt that I really don't feel like im doing any overlapping content unless I choose to. for someone who likes alts, this game is terrific. Plus, on my BH, I skipped some planets and just did the story quests there, so as to leave them open for alts, and I'm finding that to be one of the best ideas ever. Balmorra i breezed through and now on my sith jugg I'm doing everything on it, and finding it to be way more interesting than I thought.

Essentially, the only people complaining about this game with ferocity, and nothing constructive, are the ones who I dug out above. They only bought the game because their mmo buddies were all doing it, they didn't want to leave their max level decked out toon from mmo X that they put time into (nothing wrong with this), and so they sit around and do nothing but talk negatively about the game so they can go back to it, and bring anyone they can with them.

they'll go eventually.

TheHeadCapper
01.31.2012 , 07:59 PM | #16
Good post, I've been 50 for a while and am still finding plenty of stuff to do without getting bored.
The formula 'two plus two equals five' is not without its attractions

StillOne
01.31.2012 , 08:03 PM | #17
Edited, even though Lord_of_Stone has me dead bang. My apologies. I suppose reading negative posts for the last hour... ah.. you all know what I mean. Shutting up now :/
"All I ever wanted was to die a good death and stay dead."

Scandana
01.31.2012 , 08:04 PM | #18
I just hit 50 on my main two nights ago, and I am still rolling. Cannot wait to see the end of the agent story... Bioware better be working on chapter 4!!!!
~~ Druu Scandana- "Every man should have beliefs... I believe I will have another drink."~~
FORCE Junkies - Part of JUNKIE Nation - A community for the Old Republic
Drewciferianisms- My gaming and life blog

Lord_of_Stone
01.31.2012 , 08:05 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
Now what? What do you think OP? What have you done in other games? Do you purchase a game from Gamestop and play it all the way through once and never play it again? No, you play it again and again and again. Here, in TOR, you can do that with friends, level alts, craft items for them, for others, work on your Legacy... etc... etc. QQ more pew pew ttfn :P
You didnt read the OP..... did you?

Lord_of_Stone
01.31.2012 , 08:07 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Scandana View Post
I just hit 50 on my main two nights ago, and I am still rolling. Cannot wait to see the end of the agent story... Bioware better be working on chapter 4!!!!
Light side ending is super ******, dunno if your playing it. It just got done throwing you through a few hoops I expect, and its about to out you on a roller coaster, buckle up man.