Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do I need a pre-paid card ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Do I need a pre-paid card ?

Asmodeusxi
12.15.2011 , 05:38 AM | #1
Hello guys and girls,

In my account I have allready got 30 days of play time from the game client I have bought.

My question is , I need a pre-paid card too in order to play the game from 20 December and beyond or I 'll use my 30 days time and when this times ellapses Ill need to add time?

Please answer only if you know for sure , and I would appreciate if a more official answer would come from the employees.

Thank you.

publicFunction
12.15.2011 , 05:47 AM | #2
The way these types of games and subscriptions work is as follows:

If you pre-ordered you have until pre-order ends to keep playing. Once that ends you WILL need to enter your games retail code into the site so BioWare and EA know you have bought the game and licence, with that code it will automatically add your first 30 days access.

Once that is done will will have 2 main options:

1. Buy Game Cards from a retailer
2. Add an automatic subscription in your preferred payment method.

Details for the payment methods will be found in the Billing scetion of the Help Center (http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/1863)

Hope that answers it for you.

Asmodeusxi
12.15.2011 , 07:20 AM | #3
So i can play from 20 Dec until 19 January by only redeeming my game code and not a pre-paid card code? Thats my question

publicFunction
12.15.2011 , 07:24 AM | #4
Yes. You registered your retail code and you will get access to the game for 30 days, once that is over you need to add an active subscription or buy game cards.
Mauline (Sith - Juggernaut) - Uthar Wynn(EU)
Sheldor(IA - Op) - Uther Wynn(EU)
"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's and engery field created by all living things, it surrounds us. It penetrates us. It binds the Galaxy together."

Asmodeusxi
12.15.2011 , 08:35 AM | #5
ok thanks a lot and i hope you are right

Duaragon
12.15.2011 , 09:31 AM | #6
Well i have to disagree....
From what is written in billing FAQ and in the terms of use it seems we are unable to use those 30 days from the retail game copy untill we pay either in pre-paid card or subscription fee using credit card/pay pal for anther month of gameplay....
Wich... SUX.
I hope anybody from the support team can clear this out so it will be 100% straight how situation looks like.
Dura Lex Sed Lex

Asmodeusxi
12.15.2011 , 10:57 AM | #7
Yes someone must make it clear because there is a big fog arround it!

Valthirus
12.19.2011 , 03:21 AM | #8
Bump... Still unclear.
Valthirus - Marauder - Previous Games: RIFT/LOTRO
US West - Mandalore the Indomitable - Empire
16 Man (Nightmare) - 10/10

<Retribution>

AnveNomuree
12.19.2011 , 03:32 AM | #9
I think it's very clear and still the same like any other MMO.

When you buy the game, you get 30 days of free game time.

However, in order to play the game you must have an ACTIVE subscription.
Whether this is by PayPal, Visa or Game Time Card is up to you.

If you want to pay recurring fees through Paypal or Visa, you will not get billed untill your initial free 30 day period is over. After this first period you will get bill via your selected payment method.

If you don't want to use a recurring billing cycle, you can choose to pay with game time cards. In order to play, however, you must activate a valid game time card.

YOU CANNOT PLAY UNTILL YOU REGISTERED YOUR VISA CARD, PAYPAL ACCOUNT, OR GAME TIME CARD, EVEN IF YOU HAVE 30 FREE DAYS WORTH OF GAMETIME.

Once again, if you sign up for a recurring subscription, you do not get billed untill your free 30 days are over. If you use a game time card, you will have: 30 free days + amount of days added through game time. You cannot play untill you selected a method.

Hope this helps.
Anve

Sum_
12.19.2011 , 03:58 AM | #10
A question about 30 days.
The 30 days is not depanding of time i play? Or 30 days means 30*24 hours in game time?