Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No /roll function?

reppinmn
12.15.2011 , 05:38 AM | #1
How is there honestly no /roll function? Please tell me this is just a huge oversight by the devs and not something that was intentionally held out of the game. Me and some others formed an op group to down a world boss. We put it on master looter and down said boss, only to come to find out that we can't /roll for loot. HOW DOES THIS GET LEFT OUT?! That's absolutely ridiculous!

Kesitah
12.15.2011 , 05:45 AM | #2
Hmmm, if this is true, it would really make masterlooter quite unusable. Is it possible that maybe the command has just a different name? Anybody else knows about this?

Krdan
12.15.2011 , 05:58 AM | #3
Afaik most games haven't such function

Ohnoto
12.15.2011 , 06:58 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Krdan View Post
Afaik most games have such function.

I believe that is what you meant, since most games do in fact have this function. We found this out last night, when we had 3 people and I suggested doing a /roll to find out who would use their companion, only to find out there isn't a /roll system.

This means that we may have to completely change our loot rules for raiding as we have always used master looter with a /roll system.
Community Admin - TorCommunity
News, Guides, Forums, Character Profiles, and more.

OSUNightfall
12.15.2011 , 09:43 AM | #5
Wow...just, wow. I don't think I've ever played an mmo without a random funciton. Even UO had an item that could fulfill the purpose. How do you make a game with raiding and guilds, but no random? I sincerely hope this will be added quickly, along with master loot.

Disclaimer: I like TOR, get off me fanboys.

Loyaltrekie
12.15.2011 , 10:21 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Krdan View Post
Most games LAUNCH with a roll function - at least any game in the past 10 years...
All comments made by me do not reflect anyones opinions except my own

SithlordXanatos
12.15.2011 , 04:02 PM | #7
/roll Definitely needs implemented in the first patch.
"The enlightened ruler is heedful, and the good general full of caution."
::: ::: Xanetos ::: PvP Sergeant ::: :::
::: ::: Eternal Vigilance ::: Recruitment Thread ::: :::
::: ::: Jedi Sage ::: :::

arnoldlol
12.15.2011 , 04:07 PM | #8
Did you try /random? I don't get EA until tomorrow so I can't check.

DarthMaben
12.15.2011 , 04:24 PM | #9
I've tried /random as well, it does nothing. I also tried many other variations. As far as I can tell, this is not in the game right now. It SERIOUSLY needs to be fixed as I had the same issue today on Dromund Kaas. I found this out mid-fight, switched to group loot and as always there was disappointment when a Marauder gets a BoP Inquisitor item.

What is the point of Master Looter? And several people claimed the loot system did not obey their choice (though I can't say this is not user error).

Theninjafuzz
12.15.2011 , 05:20 PM | #10
This should be in the first patch indeed.
A computer beat me at chess once, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Sylvein 50 Marauder, Stunt 50 Mercenary, Syltrain 50 Assassin, Relek 50 Operative
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
That sounds logical... generally not the way I see people posting around here.