Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disproportionate class drops....

targetrein
02.02.2012 , 07:46 PM | #21
17 straight HMs without an IA drop now. 17.

i'm about ready to just leave and not come back.

andytheape
02.02.2012 , 08:12 PM | #22
Normally I would think something like this was too "good" to be true and dismiss it, but I must say that I've been encountering the same thing. Trooper gear seems to drop VERY often.

Something weird I've noticed is that we almost always get an item for the class that isn't in our group. The probability of that happening is kind of low (we usually run with 3 different classes), but it happens more often than not. When we DO have a trooper, the gear for that class just magically stops dropping.

Now I'm still not sure if I believe, even with my own experiences taken into consideration. It's just too weird and I don't think Bioware would have let something like that pass.
..:: The Jedi Order ::..
< PvE Europe >
Guild Headquarters

Chnmmr
02.02.2012 , 09:02 PM | #23
Two hard mode flashpoints today. Party consisted of 1 sage, 1 trooper and 2 jedi. 75% of the loot was for smuggler..... again.

This is getting silly.
Guild: Fractal
Server: Frostqueue... er.. I meant Frostclaw

Munx
02.02.2012 , 09:31 PM | #24
I refuse to belive its random at all, like so many others BH and Trooper gear seem WAY to common, I play on both sides, and I see it on both my chars..

And its obvious from this thread aswell as others that more people then me are experiencing this.

Obviously its impossible to make a true randomizer in code, but biowares attempt at doing it is patethic, there is obviously a flaw in there somewhere.
Dark Knight of the forums.

ckoneful
02.02.2012 , 09:53 PM | #25
Just did HM 1st boss of EV and had every single drop be trooper...
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
60 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 48 Sorceror
53 Guardian 50 Gunslinger 53 Vanguard 55 Shadow
100% of Class Stories completed

targetrein
02.03.2012 , 06:47 AM | #26
keep this bumped - this issue is rampant.

PhoenixMatrix
02.03.2012 , 08:02 AM | #27
Yeah, with our static we were getting the exact same drops everytime from each hardmodes. It wasn't so much a class drop imbalance, as we could get different class drops, but each individual hardmodes would always drop the same thing, making it impossible to get full sets.

So now we just said "f* it" and just gearing up through operations. EV normal, karaggas normal, and EV hard, together will drop the loot of countless hardmode runs in a fraction of the time, and aside for the reports of master looter and karaggas hard mode not dropping the right stuff, it seems to be working out for us. Everyone's getting their stuff.

arnoldlol
02.03.2012 , 08:06 AM | #28
Random loot is random. When we were farming HM's, we'd swap out agents every 2 days or so because they'd get full columi in our runs. I ended up having to buy chest and boots with commendations.

The game isn't out to get you, random loot is just THAT random.
Cali Killed Nox
o [Website] o [Stream] o

Thoffs
02.03.2012 , 08:24 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by andytheape View Post
Something weird I've noticed is that we almost always get an item for the class that isn't in our group.
This.

In 80% of the HM FPs I have run, the purple drops have been for classes not in our group. Our guild has a lot of 50s, and all the guild members I have run with reports about the same. I now run HMs just for guild camaraderie, not for drops.

I have come to believe that Bioware has designed the HM drops this way on purpose since you can run them far more often than ops. This also ensures that HMs do not become the preferred method of gearing up, causing people to stop running ops. BW knows that they have to drop something, and it can't be green, so they drop something that may be useful to somebody' s companion.

They still want to give players *some* hope of a good drop in a HM, so they reduce the probability of a drop being useful for somebody in the group and keep it just high enough so that people keep running HMs, hoping for a good RNG drop. This also keeps players believing that the HM RNG drop is fair and balanced. As pointed out in other threads like this, you would have to collect a lot of data to prove otherwise, and nobody will be able collect enough data in order to prove their point without a doubt. You can't prove that the RNG is fair in this case, and you can't prove that it is unfair. So, it would be easy for BW to make it unfair in order to slow gearing via HM FPs.

If this is indeed true, then I think they need to make HM drops something that is more methodical in terms of acquiring gear (like the 1.2 champ bag token change) instead of this RNG stuff.

Rejectoo
02.03.2012 , 08:28 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxxacre View Post
At first I thought it was a funny, albeit lame, coincidence that every piece of gear dropping in my first few hard modes was Bounty Hunter gear. Now I just think it's too much to be a coincidence. I have been doing at least 3 hard modes every night, but usually more, for about a week now and I've seen about 85% of the drops were for the Bounty Hunter. Maybe 10% of it was Imperial Agent gear, and the remaining 5% was either Inquisitor or Warrior, but mostly Inquisitor.

I can't believe how much BH gear is dropping. I'm doing a variety of different FPs and it's always the same thing... constant BH gear dropping and barely anything for Inquisitors. In about 25 hard modes I've seen 2 Sith Warrior drops. No joke, no exaggeration. Has anyone else found that BH gear is dropping at a disproportionate rate in hard modes? It's getting ridiculous.
Last Night 3 Ops Bosses downed on a short raid night.

Pylons (Trooper Pants x2, Trooper Bracers x2)
Council (Knight Boots x1, JC Boots x1, Tank Relic(click))
BoneThrasher (Trooper Helm x2)

Yes the drops are so strange in this game seems to be for classes that there are not a lot of on a raid. HM and Ops if it is not for a trooper or smuggler then we are floored.
Penthide Bladedancer lvl50 Kinetic Shadow
Kinetic
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/11110a45fa775f0b.png