Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disproportionate class drops....

Maxxacre
01.31.2012 , 06:01 PM | #1
At first I thought it was a funny, albeit lame, coincidence that every piece of gear dropping in my first few hard modes was Bounty Hunter gear. Now I just think it's too much to be a coincidence. I have been doing at least 3 hard modes every night, but usually more, for about a week now and I've seen about 85% of the drops were for the Bounty Hunter. Maybe 10% of it was Imperial Agent gear, and the remaining 5% was either Inquisitor or Warrior, but mostly Inquisitor.

I can't believe how much BH gear is dropping. I'm doing a variety of different FPs and it's always the same thing... constant BH gear dropping and barely anything for Inquisitors. In about 25 hard modes I've seen 2 Sith Warrior drops. No joke, no exaggeration. Has anyone else found that BH gear is dropping at a disproportionate rate in hard modes? It's getting ridiculous.
"Paper is fine, nerf rock!" --Scissors

mojomoe
01.31.2012 , 06:58 PM | #2
this is a known issue, i believe. i was told it had to do with the RNG taking into account player instance ID numbers or something like that.

prodarkwolf
01.31.2012 , 07:04 PM | #3
yes, im republic, but i have done around 100 HARDS as gunslinger, with my brother tropeer, the same friend jedi tank, and a random sage healer.

and aroud 40% is troper gear, 50% jedi tank gear, and 5% for smugler and sages class.

for example, the jedi have a full tank and dps set, and my chewbaka have mostly of the set too.
the troper have full dps set and mostly of the heal one.

i have mostly of the set but i havent the armor still ( and i only got 2 pieces of hard modes, the pieces that i have was got on operations being the only 1 smugler , and even so i only saw 2 drops of the 10 bosses)

so YES the drops is really bad done. and it isnt bad luck when u do it 100 times, and everyone agree that only BH and troper gear drops

BossChow
01.31.2012 , 08:25 PM | #4
I'm just hoping I get my BH levelled before they fix it, our BH tank has full rakata tank set and 3/4 dps set whilst the rest of us are barely half way through our main set. What's even better is the BH companions are mostly the same so its all win for them.

Raeken
01.31.2012 , 08:40 PM | #5
Doing hardmodes with the same static group for 3 weeks now. 1 Jedi Knight, 2 Sages and 1 Shadow. 2-3 hardmodes per night.

70% Soldier Gear, 15% Smuggler Gear, 10% Jedi-Knight Gear and 5% Sage Gear.
We only saw ONE Sage-Robe dropping in over 50 hardmodes. It's just a joke ... really. Losing patience.

ChrisJSY
01.31.2012 , 08:51 PM | #6
Heh just like everyone else in here, seeing trooper/bh stuff all too much, scoundrel being the lowest.

Peanutsss
01.31.2012 , 10:05 PM | #7
Funny... I am a Commando, I've done over 30+ hmfp and I have only 2 columi pieces.. 50% it's Smugler stuff. So, either i'm getting really unlucky or drops are not disproportionate for 1 specific class.

Freezzo
01.31.2012 , 10:20 PM | #8
Sweet, I play a BH ^.^ *rushes to 50*

MaGariShun
01.31.2012 , 11:47 PM | #9
funnily we have the same too (albeit only having one BH in raid). Mostly BH drops with some inquisitor mixed in. Warriors and agents are mostly gimped

EDIT: talking about hardmode ops

Raeken
02.01.2012 , 08:15 PM | #10
Think it's not bugged or stuff ... it's build in to occupy the players ... they don't want them to get full pve in a week or 2. Think its gonna fixed, when new armors are implemented.