Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the best Jedi for PvP and why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What is the best Jedi for PvP and why?

Wren_Atticus
01.31.2012 , 05:41 PM | #1
I'm looking at rolling a Jedi, I just haven't decided on which kind yet. I like to PvP a lot, so I would like input based around that.

I currently play a Smuggler Scoundrel. So I am a stealth melee class. That makes Shadow attractive but at the same time, am I going to just be playing the same thing again? I like the double blade, but I was looking at maybe playing something with a different playstyle.

Then there is sage. That is a ranged caster class from what I gather. But if I wanted to be range, why not just be a trooper then? This is the mirror to Sorcerer and they seem annoying in PvP. Shields, superspeed, healing, lockdowns, etc...right?

I really don't know much about the Jedi Knight class. I also like the idea of two lightsabers. But what really separates the two trees? I know one is tanking. Why go Knight over consular. What are it's class defining traits?

Thanks for the responses.
"You've been Synergized. Have a nice day!"
Wrangler <Synergy> - Scoundrel - Infinite Empire Server

ACMessiah
01.31.2012 , 08:58 PM | #2
Knight you have your three trees, tank and two dps. For pvp the best spec would be the equivalent of the 'smash' sith warrior. Essentially you get an AOE that has auto crit and +100% damage which just ruins people in pvp.

I find shadows/assassins to not be much of a threat to me (powertech). Sages are a nightmare though!

nihilithak
02.01.2012 , 01:13 AM | #3
I realize that all classes are supposed to be mirrored, but I find Consulars to be much harder to fight than Sorcers. If I were rolling Republic, that's what I would make.