Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why the indecisiveness?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Why the indecisiveness?!

KingMeteor
12.15.2011 , 05:27 AM | #1
Sigh, should be getting on the game today and I still don't know what character to create?

As a smuggler do I choose male or female? Human or Zabrak? Scoundrel or gunslinger?

Anyone else annoyed by there own indecisiveness, or annoyed by mine for that matter? I know the worlds not gonna end whatever I choose so why am I/do we stir over these essentially trivial decisions...?
'Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.'

Captain Rixi

Disastersaurus
12.15.2011 , 05:31 AM | #2
I'm the same way, bro. I'm torn between Vanguard and Sentinel. I'm an RP'er, and frankly, I'm afraid that the server will be overrun with people RP'ing ****** Jedi.

The problem is, I really enjoy melee playstyles, and while the Vanguard looks fun and it'd be awesome to be an underdog, I'm just not sure my heart is in it.

Neimi
12.15.2011 , 05:31 AM | #3
haha it's not only you
i'm starting to get crazy myself
most likely get invited today as well..
was aiming for Bounty Hunter, but apparently there are loads of em
wasn't quite sure wich advanced to play then leaning towards powertech for pvp fun abilities.

But maybe i should make a Sniper, cauze there will probs be less of them.

arghhh what to do
*We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.*

OuroborosX
12.15.2011 , 05:40 AM | #4
I can assure you that no matter what you choose, you will regret not having done the opposite after playing a few hours.

cwatz
12.15.2011 , 05:40 AM | #5
Just always remember you aren't alone. The vast majority of people have a very hard time choosing what class to play in rpg's/mmo's.

So many classes can have attractive elements, yet weaknesses that deter you. The fact is its impossible to truly know.

Until you have had significant time put into the classes, you never know which one will be perfect for you.

The best thing you can do is follow your instincts.

mkaysen
12.15.2011 , 05:43 AM | #6
These past weeks ive been going to sleep certain i would play a specific class and then the next day i want to play another class...

So ive come to the conclusion i will play all classes.

Guardian and Marauder
Sage and Assassin
Vanguard and Mercenary
Scoundrel and Sniper

Neimi
12.15.2011 , 05:59 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by mkaysen View Post
These past weeks ive been going to sleep certain i would play a specific class and then the next day i want to play another class...

So ive come to the conclusion i will play all classes.

Guardian and Marauder
Sage and Assassin
Vanguard and Mercenary
Scoundrel and Sniper
But wich one to start with first
*We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.*

mkaysen
12.15.2011 , 06:09 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Neimi View Post
But wich one to start with first
Ill start with trooper and then i will switch between them when i feel like playing a different class.

Like im playing my trooper and its cool and all, but then i see this cool movie with a space bounty hunter and then i feel like playing that class, then i switch to it.

So i change all the time depending on what my i feel like playing at the time.

KingMeteor
12.15.2011 , 06:42 AM | #9
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one, makes me feel a little bit better

All I'll say is that you should always play for yourself. For example I might roll a human male smuggler because I think that'd look good, however I know that this will be the most common combination of not only smugglers but all classes. Still like I said you should play for yourself, not to suit everyone else.
'Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.'

Captain Rixi

rosalem
12.15.2011 , 07:28 AM | #10
I can't decide either but from my time in beta I can definitely let you know that the voice of the female smuggler is a bit lacking in comparison to her male counterpart. It's not terrible by any stretch but its a bit too...grating at times for lack of a better word. As some one who can't stand male models in MMOs, I'm going male because the female smuggler's voice makes me cringe more often then not.

Besides that, I am in the exact same boat :P